• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Listen to the Salt on the Ice podcast. We were all on episode 1.

My headset is ready.

ha, true, I WAS on one of those

and called for Bobrovsky's vezina if I remember right. BEST COP ON THE FORCE.

Chris R

Swapping discs aint' to big of a deal here seeing as I only have one other PS4 game.

Just wish I'd get the game this week instead of next :( Stupid slow shipping. Seriously thinking about buying locally and then returning my copy when it gets here from Amazon.

The only time I will be getting physical copies will be limited edition games and I'll probably reserve that for franchises I already have LEs for, So Halo, Fable and BioShock. I'm glad the Master Chief Collection doesn't have a limited edition though, going to be nice to have that ready to go whenever.

dQKeofL.jpg

Montoya's new mask. The sun with a cigar is pretty awesome.

Smiley90

I'd buy all my games digital if PSN had sales like Steam or the Futureshop E3 deal.

ALAS, nope.

Quick

Banned
Salt On The Ice + Destiny. I feel like this could be a thing.

"FUCK DUSTIN BROWN--AND FUCK YOU, SMELLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET BACK HERE."

Smiley90

goddamnit wsox you said you were sock on bungie.net

now who the fuck of you guys applied to the NHLGAF destiny clan under "sock".

ask people I've played EASHL with

aka you won't hear me on PS4 until next year fuck EA

Might have my headset on for Destiny, not sure

Yes you will have your fucking headset on for destiny.

what's the point of a co-op game with no headset

edit: what the fuck, I thought you mistyped drunk and i replied sarcastically saying i was sock

Smiley90

Yes you will have your fucking headset on for destiny.

what's the point of a co-op game with no headset

edit: what the fuck, I thought you mistyped drunk and i replied sarcastically saying i was sock

no there wasn't actual application from someone named "sock" and I approved it cause you said it was you

now I have no fucking idea who it is :lol

Quick

Banned
Oh I get it. We were going to do those during the offseason when there was fuck all to talk about other than Australian hockey too.

I haven't really used Twitch, but having the ability to easily record games with the PS4 should be fun.

Speaking of Destiny, the OT in the Gaming side is about to hit 20,000 and it's not even out yet.

GAF's real thirsty for some Destiny.

Smiley90

danganronpa 2 spoilers first trial:

ROFL HANAMURA'S ACCENT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't really used Twitch, but having the ability to easily record games with the PS4 should be fun.

Speaking of Destiny, the OT in the Gaming side is about to hit 20,000 and it's not even out yet.

GAF's real thirsty for some Destiny.

I thought they'd need a new OT by Wednesday but at this rate they'll need it tomorrow.

ShaneB

This is my biggest enjoyment so far from my Maddenstation 4. Just how nice and simple everything is to stream. Felt like I did more tweaking and whatnot on my pc with things instead of actually streaming.

Smiley90

I'd hate a midnight release if I was on the east coast

servers aren't going online until 3am eastern anyway if I'm not totally mistaken :lol

calder

I'd be up for doing it again as long as we don't have to pull teeth to get people to show up.

I hope you guys do it again, I like them. I'd love to be a guest caller, really anger up the blood of the regulars with my #hottakes until a furious Marvie disconnects my Skype call. You can't handle the truth, sheeple!

Finally Smelly-Senpai accepted my PSN invite! The constant rejection was killing me!
not actually 100% sure I ever sent a request or just thought I did, good chance it went to Smiley09... Or even Smelly09

Quick

Banned
I'd hate a midnight release if I was on the east coast

servers aren't going online until 3am eastern anyway if I'm not totally mistaken :lol

Didn't even think about that. Not that I was really going to pick it up at midnight here.

I'm finally having some remorse on pre-ordering NHL 15. I'm actually really close to either cancelling/returning it or pick it up and sell it for $50, and make a 100% profit (paid it off with trade-ins).

I hope you guys do it again, I like them. I'd love to be a guest caller, really anger up the blood of the regulars with my #hottakes until a furious Marvie disconnects my Skype call. You can't handle the truth, sheeple!

"The Winnipeg Jets are staying here for a long, long, long, lo--" *disconnect*

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'd be up for doing it again as long as we don't have to pull teeth to get people to show up.

I would love to get in on it. Was co-hosting a 24 podcast not long ago but my friend hasnt been able to record in almost 2 months. Got the itch. We should bring it back. With Destiny.

Smiley90

I don't get why people put it on themselves to dissuade others from buying games, who gives a shit?

the more people buy NHL15, the more EA thinks pulling this crap is okay. And they'll keep doing it.

So the more people buy NHL15, the crappier NHL16 is gonna get.

That's why I give a shit. This isn't like I'm trying to convince people not to buy some new game that just looks bad. I'm trying to stop people from buying it because it'll affect every. game. that EA makes later in the series.

Like Simcity.

Like Sims 4.

the more people buy NHL15, the more EA thinks pulling this crap is okay. And they'll keep doing it.

So the more people buy NHL15, the crappier NHL16 is gonna get.

That's why I give a shit. This isn't like I'm trying to convince people not to buy some new game that just looks bad. I'm trying to stop people from buying it because it'll affect every. game. that EA makes later in the series.

Like Simcity.

Like Sims 4.

I don't think the game will sell all that well, I don't expect NHL 16 to be better or worse based on sales, the NHL team is small, EA isn't going to put any more money into the development of the franchise a year from now. Features that have been cut will likely be in 16 due to the outcry that has already happened.

Smiley90

I don't think the game will sell all that well, I don't expect NHL 16 to be better or worse based on sales, the NHL team is small, EA isn't going to put any more money into the development of the franchise a year from now. Features that have been cut will likely be in 16 due to the outcry that has already happened.

Great, then 16 will be what 15 should've been and people will hail it as some "great game" when really it's a year late.

Just because "eh that's how things are" doesn't mean people should buy it. Heck, if nobody buys it, maybe 2k sees that there's money to be made. WHO KNOWS.

I think we should all just buy NHL94 carts and sort out some upscaled gaming.

But seriously, the hate for EA is justified but the hate for the team that are developing it is cockamamie. They're probably running on fumes at this point. Overworked and under-resourced and completely too polite for their own good.

Great, then 16 will be what 15 should've been and people will hail it as some "great game" when really it's a year late.

Just because "eh that's how things are" doesn't mean people should buy it. Heck, if nobody buys it, maybe 2k sees that there's money to be made. WHO KNOWS.

If 15 had the game modes that were cut it still wouldn't be a great game, so I don't see why people would think any differently for 16.

Smiley90

If 15 had the game modes that were cut it still wouldn't be a great game, so I don't see why people would think any differently for 16.

If 15 had the game modes that it should have it'd at least be an improvement.

what it is right now is a graphics update that cost the game EVERYTHING else. aka bullshit. so if you buy that you're telling EA it's okay to do this and to keep doing this, in which case fuck you for ruining my favourite franchise even more.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

what it is right now is a graphics update that cost the game EVERYTHING else. aka bullshit. so if you buy that you're telling EA it's okay to do this and to keep doing this, in which case fuck you for ruining my favourite franchise even more.

Well said. Vote with your wallet, friends. I'm not buying this year.

Destiny and FIFA will be enough

The difference would be new presentation, puck physics and annoyingly flappy jerseys, not much of an improvement, I don't think people would be hailing it as a great game. The visuals don't look much better either.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The difference would be new presentation, puck physics and annoyingly flappy jerseys, not much of an improvement, I don't think people would be hailing it as a great game. The visuals don't look much better either.

I can't even skip to my next shift in Be a Pro. I refuse to buy this game.

Top Bottom