• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

He's totally right though. This drove me absolutely crazy when I lived in downtown LA, and it was the main cause of almost all traffic.

I don't think he's totally right - unless theres a "no left turn" sign, then left turns should be kosher. Don't drive in the left lane if you know there's a popular light that will have a lot of people turning left on (when there's no arrow/lane). Yeah, it fucks up a lot of traffic, but that's not the drivers fault. There's no real good solution unless construction happens, but I don't think it's fair to say that drivers shouldn't be taking left turns because cars behind them get stuck.

also, Jack Remington is a tool and I hope he doesn't come back to this thread when the Kings make the playoffs again

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't think he's totally right - unless theres a "no left turn" sign, then left turns should be kosher. Don't drive in the left lane if you know there's a popular light that will have a lot of people turning left on (when there's no arrow/lane). Yeah, it fucks up a lot of traffic, but that's not the drivers fault. There's no real good solution unless construction happens, but I don't think it's fair to say that drivers shouldn't be taking left turns because cars behind them get stuck.

also, Jack Remington is a tool and I hope he doesn't come back to this thread when the Kings make the playoffs again

Yeah you're completely right. I jumped the gun and agreed with the idea of being frustrated at the situation before I realized that he was being a total cunt and doing the equivalent of dumping his beer on the guy in front of him like a true Kings fan.

I've never begrudged anybody who had to make their legal left turn. I have just been annoyed by the situation that everybody is put in when that happens, and blame the people who designed the roads.

Stet

Banned
NHL 15 is unrealistic.

Look at all those jerseys in the platinum seats.

BxImJbyIYAEnbkB.jpg

lol

Yeah you're completely right. I jumped the gun and agreed with the idea of being frustrated at the situation before I realized that he was being a total cunt and doing the equivalent of dumping his beer on the guy in front of him like a true Kings fan.

I've never begrudged anybody who had to make their legal left turn. I have just been annoyed by the situation that everybody is put in when that happens, and blame the people who designed the roads.

Luckily the left turn situation is one of the problems that the mayor wants to fix downtown. He hates it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Luckily the left turn situation is one of the problems that the mayor wants to fix downtown. He hates it.

Has he proposed anything or just said he wants to look into it? It's a tough thing to do anything about because so many of those roads are so old and small to begin with.

Has he proposed anything or just said he wants to look into it? It's a tough thing to do anything about because so many of those roads are so old and small to begin with.

They're looking into it. A buddy of mine works for the city. He said they're talking to some Korean company about it.

TUSR

Banned
Is this about notch? Shit, I would have sold that company years ago for far, faaaar less money than he is about to make.
Notch is never going to make a hit anywhere close to Minecraft's success. He'd be smart to cash out before sales plateau.

He's still making an unreal amount of dough though.

They're looking into it. A buddy of mine works for the city. He said they're talking to some Korean company about it.

Nexon.

zroid

Banned
The instant I heard MS might be buying Notch's company, it was pretty obvious that he was done with Minecraft and wanted to unload it to make bank while its value was still huge. It is the smartest, most logical thing anyone could do in his position.

Pretty sure anyone calling him out is just having a console-wars fueled hissy fit about the fact Microsoft is the likely buyer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm so out of the gaming loop, I thought this Mojang business was about Microsoft buying Mahjong and was wondering what the big deal was. I'd sell that shit in a heartbeat too if Microsoft offered up the cash.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The instant I heard MS might be buying Notch's company, it was pretty obvious that he was done with Minecraft and wanted to unload it to make bank while its value was still huge. It is the smartest, most logical thing anyone could do in his position.

Pretty sure anyone calling him out is just having a console-wars fueled hissy fit about the fact Microsoft is the likely buyer.

I don't think people realize that Microsoft is the only company in the game industry that can afford to buy them. $2 billion is NOTHING to them. Sony and Nintendo are probably happy as all hell that it's MS and not someone like Amazon. 2 big players usually doesn't mean good things for the little guys.

Got tickets to the Kings/Ducks game on November 15th. Hopefully my buddy's boss comes through with tickets for opening night. Still need to see what days I get my son so I can take him to a game.

I can't go to any Tuesday or Thursday games this semester. I have class until 10 at night those days.

Heretic

I don't think people realize that Microsoft is the only company in the game industry that can afford to buy them. $2 billion is NOTHING to them. Sony and Nintendo are probably happy as all hell that it's MS and not someone like Amazon. 2 big players usually doesn't mean good things for the little guys.

Still a dumb business move, imo.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If Nintendo had any foresight or business savvy at all, they would have purchased Mojang years ago.

I can't see them ever buying a popular PC game/developer. It looks like they never even approached Mojang about a Wii U version of the game, and now they're the only platform you can't buy it on.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Destiny tonight 4pm/7pm

Kill stealing Kuro and Kat?

Maybe a smelly or don quick

I won't be home from work until like 7 PST. I'm also probably lower level than you guys? Not sure. Went to bed at level 10 yesterday.

Red_Man

Level 10? How long did you guys play? I played for 6 hours or so and only got to level 7. Maybe I'm just taking my time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're higher than me.

Level 10? How long did you guys play? I played for 6 hours or so and only got to level 7. Maybe I'm just taking my time.

If my internet comes back up. It went down a little while ago.

You're a higher level than me.

Well then :lol

Do you guys do PvP or coop missions? I'm down for either one.

I played from like... Uh... 6pm til midnight/1am last night or so.

TUSR

Banned

My brother drove around Calgary (instead of using a phone) to check for PS4 bundles and finally found one, so I played with him most of last night after hockey.

I've been doing PVP, I haven't even done the first Moon mission yet.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If my internet comes back up. It went down a little while ago.

You're a higher level than me.

I'm still level 7. What Internet are you using? Teksavvy? I'm on Tek and I was 'generally' ok...

Cable

Any is fine with me. I need to play 5 (thank god not win) to get that challenge complete.

Red_Man

Subban jersey came in today. Officially ready for the season, good thing rookie camp starts this week.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

We did co-op last night.

I'm still level 7. What Internet are you using? Teksavvy? I'm on Tek and I was 'generally' ok...

Cable

Any is fine with me. I need to play 5 (thank god not win) to get that challenge complete.

Rogers. My cable is out too. :(

Edit: apparently it's a known issue in my area and they are working it.

TUSR

Banned
Smelly you need to be less discrete.

SMH @ everyone quick to call others racist. My friends and I say "nigger" all the time, but we don't mean in it a racist way, it's just another way of calling someone stupid, like "what a nigger haha" if a friend trips and falls. Doesn't make us racist

Red_Man

Smelly you need to be less discrete.
The worst part about these posts are the 50 people that quote it with outrage. Just ignore the dumb ass and let him get banned, instead of giving him the attention he's obviously looking for.

Wasn't he the same guy with the fake girlfriend and girlfriend's sister?

I have a feeling that was an intentional ban post.
That was a couple years ago wasn't it? I figured that he would have been perma-banned after that fiasco.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
John Moore is signed, so the Rangers are finally done with this year's batch of RFAs. 1 year contract for $500 more than his qualifying offer of $850k.

That puts the Rangers right around $500k under the cap, at least as CapGeek has the numbers.

Red_Man

Oooh kill em PK:

When shown his numbers, Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban quickly revealed one of the flaws in examining Corsi by itself. He wanted zone starts to be factored in, pointing out that he starts many of his shifts in the defensive zone.

A few clicks later, now over to behindthenet.ca, he was shown that his offensive zone start percentage was at just 47.1 percent.

"See?" Subban said. "I told you."

http://deadspin.com/come-correct-to-p-k-subban-about-his-corsi-or-dont-com-1633065191

Top Bottom