• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Anyone have any good ideas on displaying hockey sticks on the wall, short of buying those expensive display cases? I have Tanguay and Aebischer sticks to put up.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Well when I had cancer I met the team in 2004, Tanguay gave me his stick and when I was in the locker room with Granato he said Aebischer wanted me to have one of his sticks too. I've actually never told this story here, so here it goes. It was an awesome day, during practice Foote and Blake were hitting each other in front of me and they took I think Sauve and beat him up. Post-practice I got to sit outside the locker room and talk to all of the players as they came out. Sakic talked to me for the longest and Selanne and Kariya came out at the same time and were generally great. They were of course all really nice. After that Granato showed me around the locker room, and even showed me the game plan for the game against the Blues that night (it was a 2-2 tie). I also have; a pennant signed by the entire team, pucks signed by Sakic, Foote, Hejduk, Forsberg (Got this later as he was injured) and Sakic signed my jersey. So anyway, even if Aebischer wasn't the greatest goalie, it holds some value to me. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well when I had cancer I met the team in 2004, Tanguay gave me his stick and when I was in the locker room with Granato he said Aebischer wanted me to have one of his sticks too. I've actually never told this story here, so here it goes. It was an awesome day, during practice Foote and Blake were hitting each other in front of me and they took I think Sauve and beat him up. Post-practice I got to sit outside the locker room and talk to all of the players as they came out. Sakic talked to me for the longest and Selanne and Kariya came out at the same time and were generally great. They were of course all really nice. After that Granato showed me around the locker room, and even showed me the game plan for the game against the Blues that night (it was a 2-2 tie). I also have; a pennant signed by the entire team, pucks signed by Sakic, Foote, Hejduk, Forsberg (Got this later as he was injured) and Sakic signed my jersey. So anyway, even if Aebischer wasn't the greatest goalie, it holds some value to me. :p

holy shit

I actually meant

Aebischer is Swiss. Which is why I was saying "dude that's awesome".

This backstory just makes it even more awesome.

DON'T YOU DISS AEBISCHER

holy shit

I actually meant

Aebischer is Swiss. Which is why I was saying "dude that's awesome".

This backstory just makes it even more awesome.

DON'T YOU DISS AEBISCHER

Aebischer actually played really well for us before we traded him for Theodore, I liked him I just thought you were saying, "Ugg why would you hang that up?"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aebischer actually played really well for us before we traded him for Theodore, I liked him I just thought you were saying, "Ugg why would you hang that up?"

yeah I can see why it might've come across that way.

I wanted us to sign Hiller because I would've gotten his jersey Day 1.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Anyone have any good ideas on displaying hockey sticks on the wall, short of buying those expensive display cases? I have Tanguay and Aebischer sticks to put up.

I've always just used a couple/three nails for that naked look. Just use the weight of the sticks to figure out the exact nail placement (haven't hung any in years so I couldn't give you the exact spots). I usually had them at an angle with the blade up top. Looked good.

Edit: Dude, that's an amazing story. What a bunch of great guys.

WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT?

Pls, no spiders in the bubble.

If you can play the PT demo and not cry then you can deal with spiders escaping from mouths casually.

This nightmare never ends

#BostonStrong

Big pal hug.

Let's crack open a beer.

Well when I had cancer I met the team in 2004...

Very cool story. Glad you kicked cancers butt.

yeah I can see why it might've come across that way.

I wanted us to sign Hiller because I would've gotten his jersey Day 1.

Wait... With Sbisa and Hiller gone, you now have no reason to like Anaheim.

Nuuuu.

Stasis

I didn't realize 2K was making an NHL game for iOS and Android...

I don't care much for mobile games, but if they make enough money on this maybe they'll consider a title for consoles and/or PC.

God please.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's waiting for Andrighetto to break out.

And get traded to the Canucks.
Pretty pumped to see him in training camp, he's got a great chance at making the team. Just need to dump Budaj and Moen.

Edit: I just read Pleks injured his elbow, wtf?

Red_Man

Not sure how familiar Habs fans are with John Bartlett, but he used to do the radio commentary for the Habs games on TSN radio, but will now be doing the commentary for Habs games on Sportsnet. He's pretty good, happy to see him get picked up.

zroid

Banned
L0fjOVc.png

Doughboy really needs to sort out that facial hair

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure how familiar Habs fans are with John Bartlett, but he used to do the radio commentary for the Habs games on TSN radio, but will now be doing the commentary for Habs games on Sportsnet. He's pretty good, happy to see him get picked up.

Dude's hair is stuck in the 90s, but I enjoyed the few games he did on TSN Habs. Voice isn't very memorable though.

Those Pens thirds are nice.

Red_Man

Andi Petrillo is joining the NHL network, good to see her land there. Too bad she's not on Sportsnet.

Dude's hair is stuck in the 90s, but I enjoyed the few games he did on TSN Habs. Voice isn't very memorable though.

Those Pens thirds are nice.
His everything is stuck in the 90's, maybe why I enjoy him. I've heard him quite a bit on TSN 690 too, so that helps.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867884.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defense Grid -- MB-6EA7698EA83715A9 - Taken by Samyy. 1 entrants total.
Devils and Wild fans will love this game.
Heavy Bullets -- MB-0E2A5C517DD00FA3
These bullets are about a foot wide and god damn if they aren't effective.
Defense Grid: Containment DLC -- MB-ABE79D4FB4475CAD
No but seriously, Defense Grid is an awesome game.

t1411220069z1.png

Red_Man

I haven't had much time to play Destiny, but any time I do I'm really enjoying it. Just got to Mars the other night.

@Bonksmullet said:
It's too bad Penguins fans don't even realize their new third is a throwback.
:lol :lol

Top Bottom