• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Marvie_3

Banned
Speaking of Tinder, I'm probably going to break up with the +1.

I know you guys said to work hard with her. And I have been and tried my hardest. Always respond to her messages. Make sure I message her out of the blue etc. But after spending two weekends in a row dedicated to both meeting her friends and her family, I thought on Sunday I could get 2 hours to myself and be alone.

She messaged me halfway into it and asked how I was going.

She asks how I'm going every 2-4 hours.

She asked why I didn't want to have sex with her. Despite the fact that the night before, I did. Twice. And there was zero opportunity throughout the most recent weekend to. She literally collapsed after we were out that night and in the morning slept in til last minute.

I got really upset with her. Then I realised that my life was a lot easier and I was a lot happier and stress free when I was single. And that maybe, just maybe, if I was ready to share my life with someone I would naturally be more enthusiastic about spending time with her and talking.

She's intensely energetic, very loving and would talk to me 24/7 if she could. I've tried to explain how my personality works, how I'm an introvert, how I need space and need her to be OK with the concept that a day might go past where all I want to do is talk on the phone for half an hour in the evening and that would be it. She isn't a fan of it. I hate conversations by text message, and it's all she does.

(That, and all of her friends are friends she's had since high school. I've generally been wary of people like that because it means their social skills haven't developed enough to know how to engage different groups and different types of people).

Sorry once again to flood this during preseason hockey. I have nobody to talk to about this irl.

... And the Ducks and Avs don't start for a while.

jCGKikw9QvVeh.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Granberg has not had a good game, Holzer has been much better overall.

He's had a few good hits, but yeah he's had trouble tying up the opposition in front of the net.

What I really dislike so far is the lack of puck awareness. It was pretty evident on the last play when the puck was stolen away and none of the Leafs got back quickly enough.

Samyy

He's had a few good hits, but yeah he's had trouble tying up the opposition in front of the net.

What I really dislike so far is the lack of puck awareness. It was pretty evident on the last play when the puck was stolen away and none of the Leafs got back quickly enough.

Yea and he has been a little slow as well, him and Percy both struggled. It'll be interesting to see how they do in a second game, if they get it.

Leafs-age, is Randy coaching like Randy or are there signs that there's a new system being taught?

Too early to tell, I mean we're outshooting them but its a sloppy exhibition game. We haven't been stuck inside our zone that often at all in comparison to normal though.

calder

Damon Pavelec for looking decent the first half of the game. Don't tease us asshole!

Solid "Ilya" from the preseason crowd.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
WIN!!!!!!

Cleary looked terrible, no surprise.

What game did you watch? His Dan Clearsi score was through the roof!

Leafs-age, is Randy coaching like Randy or are there signs that there's a new system being taught?

We're still quite sloppy in our own zone, we're taking stupid penalties, and our defense can't seem to clear traffic in front of the net. On the other hand, the forwards have, for the most part, been a bit more available for passes from their defensemen from what I've seen and have provided them more support. Additionally, I haven't seen any of the Leafs try that retarded chip in that they used way too much last season. A good example of carrying the puck into their zone and keeping possession was Kadri's assist on the PP goal. As well, while it's a preseason game, it's nice not to see the team collectively give up after being down 2.

I'm calling Kadri for the winner! D:

We're still quite sloppy in our own zone, we're taking stupid penalties, and our defense can't seem to clear traffic in front of the net. On the other hand, the forwards have, for the most part, been a bit more available for passes from their defensemen from what I've seen and have provided them more support. Additionally, I haven't seen any of the Leafs try that retarded chip in that they used way too much last season. A good example of carrying the puck into their zone and keeping possession was Kadri's assist on the PP goal. As well, while it's a preseason game, it's nice not to see the team collectively give up after being down 2.

I'm calling Kadri for the winner! D:

The fact that they aren't doing Dump-n-Chase and actually passing from D to zone-entry situations says it all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Overall impressions

+ Kadri was playing well and playing confidently
+ Rielly was confident and really flew out there
+ Heeter surprised me and was solid after that first goal he let in
+ All the players were more active and attacked the puck carrier when the Flyers had possession in our zone.
+ We carried the puck through the neutral zone instead of stupidly chipping it in.

- Our defense still can't box other players out. I'm not sure Polak and Robidas are going to help in this regard.
- Our PP was abysmal for the most part. Lots of chances, but they just couldn't connect on a lot of chances
- Biggs fucking sucks. I didn't see anything out of him that I liked. Send him to the AHL and give another player a shot instead.
- Granberg had a few good hits, but seemed to have a bad game. Hopefully, this will go away.
- The chemistry and puck awareness really wasn't there. The coverage was pretty bad when we give up the puck in our zone.

Obviously, this is all preseason, and while I've liked some of the changes I've seen, I hope the real roster can execute all this better than this bunch did.

Samyy

The goods:
- Kadri best player on either team
- Rielly was great as always.
- Holland, Frattin, Holzer, Nilsson had good games.
- I think Booth and Winnik did what I expected them to, they'll be just fine in the bottom 6.

The okay:
- Kontiola, Percy, Carrick

The meh:
- Granberg and Biggs, though Biggs was on a level of his own.

Not going to comment on systems/PP/PK because its the first exhibition game and most of these guys have never played on the same line/ same unit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
THE FIRST OF MANY GOALS FROM BOOTH THIS YEAR

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

He'll get injured before the season starts, don't worry

In totally unrelated news, I'm going through roomsharing lists and there's someone with the name "Ginger Hunter".

"Ginger Hunter".

I can't not laugh at that name.

Top Bottom