• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Lack got injured?

And there is a 155 guy on the flames. Lmao he's gonna get murdered.

He was splitting the game with Ericsson.

Jensen and Shinkaruk scored. Between them and Horvat they're likely fighting over one open spot on the roster (which will have to be freed up by waiving/trading someone).

zroid

Banned
I thought this was pretty funny. An Englishman's Guide to Ice Hockey.

Sample:

First, while you’re on North American soil, lose the “ice” in ice hockey. With apologies to the other hockeys (field, tonsil, etc), the qualifier is only necessary if you’re attending an all-girls’ private school in Connecticut.

As the teams line up for the opening face-off, take note of the positions. Each team will feature three forwards, two defencemen and a goaltender. Unlike keepers in football who have an unsettling “I sure hope I guess right this time” look in their eye, most hockey goalies have the insane confidence of a young Mr Mel Gibson. They are the most articulate players but prone to quirks, such as talking to their goalposts or having a picture of Mr Mike Tyson painted onto their mask.

Here’s what you need to know: a regular season NHL hockey game is 60 minutes long, divided into three 20-minute periods. Goals are scored by shooting or deflecting the puck into the opposing team’s net with one’s stick. If the home team scores, The Fratellis, Blur, or the worst Eurodance track you have ever heard, will be played at a deafening volume. If the score is tied, a five-minute sudden death overtime period is played, and if that solves nothing, the game is decided by a shootout. Like football, successful teams control the play as much as possible through astute passing and sound positional play. Unlike football, injured players do not writhe on the ice as if they’re auditioning for panto.

Hunter S.

It's like motherfuckers haven't even seen Swan Lake.

Oh wait, that would imply there's any semblance of culture in LA.

And funny enough, guess which team is in the AFL grand final this weekend...

Sydney_Swans_Logo.svg

You guys love our teams for sure. Reminds me of a team I know. Hmmmmmm???
BMyj6ePCQAEXPCQ.jpg:medium

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kings broadcaster just informed everyone that the Kings won the Cup by outscoring the other teams. Can't wait for some more analysis.

Edit: two goals in the time I started typing this post until now. This is a solid game.

Oh god no we lost in a shootout to the Kings in a preseason ga

I can't even care enough to finish writing that sentence. A shootout is literally the best outcome. All that coaching analysis, lineups, ability analysis... It's all good shit.

Acid08

Banned
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 18m
#SJSharks third line Center competition still wide open. A lot of guys still in the mix -- Burish, Desjardins, Tiermey, etc

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhaHAHaHAHAhAhAhaHAHAha

Better be Tierney if they actually want to back up their "youth revolution" shit.

Hunter S.

@ Dasterdly. I thought about being a Brisbane Broncos fan, but watching Australian rugby is so bad because of timezone differences.. You have to watch New Zealand rugby to get decent start times here in Colorado.

VERY good. 86% on Metacritic for a start.

post-14969-the-shire-cant-handle-this-gif-a067.gif

I was excited about this game from announcement, and now FINALLY my excitement is justified.

Get bent Aliens: CM and Watch_Dogs. The curse has now been lifted.

Tabris

Please please don't send back Hunter Shinkaruk. Give the kid the regular season 10 game chance.

Why did he drop so far in the draft anyways? Was it a bad combine or rumours of a bad attitude? I remember hoping he dropped to our spot last draft. I dunno if that was due to NHL13 overrating him?

Quick

Banned
no, thats why i dont own it

TSR PLS

Nope. It's a Phoenix Wright style adventure game with investigations and trials. Crazy ass stories and fun characters abound. Tons of personality and clever twists.

That sounds pretty interesting, based on my own impressions of Phoenix Wright. Never actually played that.

Character designs bug me, but that's not a big deal.

Seems rather short, is there more to the game aside from just ramping up difficulty in one mode?

Each class plays differently/has different masteries. Wizard is the ballin-est motherfucker alive. No other modes right now, but I plan on going through as a Valkyrie and through hard as my Wizard.

Acid08

Banned
That sounds pretty interesting, based on my own impressions of Phoenix Wright. Never actually played that.

Character designs bug me, but that's not a big deal.

They're really good games, both of them are my top games this year. The designs are weird at first but once you're actually playing the game and seeing the stories behind each of them you'll grow to love 'em.

TUSR

Banned
They're really good games, both of them are my top games this year. The designs are weird at first but once you're actually playing the game and seeing the stories behind each of them you'll grow to love 'em.

How many hours is the first game?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oh my god huge NHL 15 update

... wait, no

PLAYOFF MODE

Play an offline bracket tournament with up to 16 teams.

BE A PRO - COACH FEEDBACK

After each shift you will get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench.

3 STARS

At the end of the game, see the three stars and their stats.

HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM:

Updated layouts and improved navigation for HUT menus.
New animations for player items.
Improved edit lines screen that better identifies players that are injured or require contract extensions.

BOATLOAD OF CONTENT

ONE PERSON MUST'VE SPENT LIKE A WEEK IMPORTING CODE FROM NHL 14 TO DO THAT

So here's the best part of the update.

When you play Be a Pro, the coach's feedback window is fucking huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Which isn't a problem, because you can minimize it. Except for when you can't, like say if the game goes to a shootout. The coach's feedback window takes up over half the screen and for some fucking reason it's automatically open and unresponsive to minizing during the shootout.

Top Bottom