• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Razorskin

----- ------
Quite the crowd for the game in Florida last night.

ByYtgAqIgAACO3D.jpg

Attendance:

Those drapes sure filled out the lower bowl, bless the better optics.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It was 3-1 when I posted, also it's our AHL squad, which means Baby Wings + Cleary > Baby Hawks. Cleary gives them that advantage they need.

Edit: Cleary was a -2......

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's now -3 or -4 in this preseason.

He's now -3 or -4 in this preseason.

Did you also know that in the 2 games he has played, he has been on the ice for every single goal against?

Not saying I told you so, but...

I also guess Nosek had the most TOI yesterday (for forwards at least) and Babs seems to love the kid. The game I saw him I was rather impressed, it looks like it is turning into a really nice FA prospect signing.

I had four tests this week and did well in the first three, I think. Last one was today in calculus and I probably did terrible.

I couldn't remember the equation for a circle. That was 10% of the grade already out the window.

Plus the Wild lost to the pens last night. Which I watched instead of studying because hockey.

I'm going to get drunk tonight. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did you also know that in the 2 games he has played, he has been on the ice for every single goal against?

I also guess Nosek had the most TOI yesterday (for forwards at least) and Babs seems to love the kid. The game I saw him I was rather impressed, it looks like it is turning into a really nice FA prospect signing.

Hey, I want Cleary gone just as much as you do. Never have I wanted him back.

My guess is Nosek starts in GR, though. So far, so good, I guess, but Babcock loves his vets.

Razorskin

----- ------

That just tells us he's playing the harder minutes while the kids play the cushiony soft minutes where they can score more. Good Guy Cleary

Yes because there was even one person arguing that Cleary was anything but a fucking joke.

Nope, you all wanted Cleary to succeed or try to succeed so that he would be on our team and screw us over during the season. See, it's a joke on the outside but deep down you want Cleary on our team!

Also that was more of joke, don't take it so seriously, be calm and relaxed like me, the definition of relaxed!!!

In other news, I caved in and bought another hockey stick today:

http://www.purehockey.com/reebok-25k-grip-senior-composite-hockey-stick-2013-25115

Went to my local Total Hockey at lunch and looked at the regular Ribcor's (which I guess are pretty much the same as the 25k's but just lighter since they don't have any 25k's in stock), and I liked what I tried, and for that price I decided to go with it. So I ordered it online, now the wait to get it and try it out begins!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If he is claimed, all Vancouver has to show for the Luongo trade is part of his salary and Matthias. Thanks Gillis.

On a positive note, this opens up a spot for one of the young guys (Shinkaruk, Jensen, Horvat).

Gillis is GM of the forever!

edit: actually, I believe any player sent down now should be fine. It's only when the regular season starts that other teams can claim.

He was never going to beat Lack for the back up job.

Shame he's such damaged goods though. It feels like yesterday that Dubbed was telling us about the Markstrom posters his mom put up on his bedroom wall.

Nevar forget:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZ4Id9ximU

I think his knee surgeries did him in most of all. His best strength was the athleticism and size but he hasn't been as quick as he was as a rookie. Lots of technical problems on top of that.

I still think he will be a decent starter, but probably a late bloomer in 3-4 years.

Erdrick

Jets need a goalie of some sort.

I was actually just thinking the same thing... since our GM loves the waiver wire and I think they are banking too much on Hutchinson after too few games. I also think we should have went after Hiller in the offseason instead of keeping Pavelec too, so...

But who am I kidding? They're not going to bail on our goalies before the season starts. Come January combined with poor play? That's a different story.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Markstrom was from the Lindback school of goaltending in that everyone overrated him because of his size.

Bishop's....pretty tall...just sayin....

I would laugh my ass off if Markstrom went back to Florida. While the Jets need goaltending, you guys know they've seemed to hitch their wagon to Pavelec. He'll be the death of them, but damned if they aren't going to ride him to another missed playoff spot this year.

As much as I like Reimer, I think he'd be good and happy in Winnipeg, which is why I wouldn't be sad if he went there. Too bad they likely not willing to offer much for him.

Top Bottom