• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Spl1nter

Carrick continues to show a very nice set of skills. Leivo is pushing for a spot. Holland just didn't seem to be in the flow of the game from the beginning. From the D only Percy has really shown anything, Granberg has had a very poor camp. Holzer has been everywhere but seems like the 7th spot is his now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Preseason blah blah blah

The defense was atrocious and I hope they lock this shit up now because they can't be scoring 6 goals a nice to get a win.

+
Phaneuf on the left looked good
Offense spread around
PK was active and did ok (but this is the Sabres...)
Carrying the puck into the offensive zone with confidence

-
Still chipping it out and losing possession
Still dumping it in too much for my liking
Defensive zone coverage was terrible overall
Bad penalties

Sigh...gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooong season...

How would she know he isn't a good Minnesota boy?

Hard to tell unless they have a nice Tupperware container of hotdish at hand.

Meh.

Honestly thought she was going to bitch about something when her sentence started with Jesus Christ.

Ha. I hear 'Jesus Christ's often enough at work. Decent amount of little kids with super religious families that bless me for a good day and pray for me to have a good weekend. I won't complain even if it is a bit odd.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash shot that right into Crawford's glove. Still, I feel like he's gone to the net more tonight than he did all of last season.

Merguson

Banned
Nothing has changed.

LawfulUnacceptableAmericankestrel.gif

Yawnier

Banned
Yesterday:

Detroit - 41
Chicago - 28

I'm not saying the Leafs won't be a possession black-hole again this season, but using a sample size of one preseason game is just lol.

I agree I just find the disparity in SOG a bit funny with how bad the current sabres roster is supposed to be.

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
Trotz: "Center ice is a free-for-all right now." Said he's not too happy with the second-line options so far.

Soooo, why did you spend $12.25 million a year on Orpik and Niskanen?

gravobski.gif

Grabo :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Deitz had an impressive game, better than Pateryn was. Wish Ellis could get some playing time though.
Most of the kids played pretty well, surprised they beat the Av's with only 4 NHLers. Pretty excited for the amount of kids that can be called up this year if someone falls off, lots of great inner competition.

Yawnier

Banned
They were bad last year too and we could barely manage a win against them.

Yep and I know a lot can change but I can't even imagine how much trouble they will give the leafs in several years time when their ridiculous pool of prospects develop and mature.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Goals tonight from Lindberg, Duclair (also an assist), Miller, and Hrivik. Dem baby Rangers.

Desjardins has looked really solid, too.

Nothing has changed.

Most of players have spent the last 2+ seasons learning Carlyle's uniquely shitty brand of Old Timey hockey, so it's going to take a while for things to improve.

And that's even if they can improve with Carlyle around. I get the feeling that the senior players on the roster won't change, or rather, buy in to the changes until there's a new head coach.

Marvie_3

Banned
Bad final score but i like what I saw from some of the Hawks kids. Labrie and Bass are garbage but the rest of them made some good plays.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
J.T. Miller has been fantastic in both games now.

Unless he totally bombs out for the rest of training camp I think he's already a virtual lock for the opening day lineup.

Miller and Ericsson share a shutout, Canucks win 3-0. It was a stacked team so the outcome isn't that surprising. They even scored twice on the power play.

I think Jensen and Horvat might make the team. Would push a lot of guys down the line-up if they do.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Jensen
Higgins-Vey-Kassian
Matthias-Horvat-Hansen
Richardson-Dorsett

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think Jensen and Horvat might make the team. Would push a lot of guys down the line-up if they do.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Jensen
Higgins-Vey-Kassian
Matthias-Horvat-Hansen
Richardson-Dorsett

Why waste Horvat on the 4th line? And I remember them saying on sportsnet that Richardson would play C and Horvat might play wing. Also hope Shinkaruk stays.

Don't think that's possible though so probably something like

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Higgins-Bonino-Jensen
Horvat/Shinkaruk-Vey-Burrows
Matthias-Richardson-Kassian

Who knows. I think two of Shinkaruk/Jensen/Horvat make the team but not sure which two. Optimally our third line would be Shinkaruk-Horvat-x, but that's sadly not a realistic option. Dat chemistry though :(

Why waste Horvat on the 4th line? And I remember them saying on sportsnet that Richardson would play C and Horvat might play wing. Also hope Shinkaruk stays.

Don't think that's possible though so probably something like

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Higgins-Bonino-Jensen
Horvat/Shinkaruk-Vey-Burrows
Matthias-Richardson-Kassian

Who knows. I think two of Shinkaruk/Jensen/Horvat make the team but not sure which two. Optimally our third line would be Shinkaruk-Horvat-x, but that's sadly not a realistic option. Dat chemistry though :(
But now you're just wasting Kassian on the 4th line. Keep in mind, the Canucks 4th line this year will probably play 10-12 minutes a night, so it's not like Horvat'll get the Torts treatment and play 3 mins per game.

Curufinwe

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...lton-Preview-Injury-Updates-and-More/45/62589

The big laugh of the day after practice yesterday came when Voracek responded to a question about the first time he saw Jaromir Jagr play in person. He said it was during the 1994-95 NHL lockout when Jagr played for Kladno in the Czech Extraliga. Fellow Kladno native Voracek's parents took him to see the game.

Marveling at the fact that Jagr is still going strong in the NHL some 20 years later, Voracek quipped, "He was winning Art Ross Trophies, and I was still breastfeeding."

Overhearing from his locker stall next to Voracek's teammate Matt Read said, "Wait, you were still breastfeeding at 15?"

"No," said Voracek. "I was five. I was a baby."

Read and Claude Giroux grinned and just shook their heads.

Top Bottom