• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Scherbak, Andrighetto, and De La Rose all demoted to group B while Thomas was promoted to group A. Practice lines which look pretty close to what we'll see on game day:

Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Bournival-Thomas

Markov- Gilbert
Emelin- Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver
Tinordi-Pateryn

Loving those lines, except for the Emelin-Subban pairing. I don't see that lasting long with Subban most likely playing 25-28 mins a night.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Scherbak, Andrighetto, and De La Rose all demoted to group B while Thomas was promoted to group A. Practice lines which look pretty close to what we'll see on game day:

Pacioretty-DD-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Bournival-Thomas

Markov- Gilbert
Emelin- Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver
Tinordi-Pateryn

Loving those lines, except for the Emelin-Subban pairing. I don't see that lasting long with Subban most likely playing 25-28 mins a night.

Subban's just not a first pairing defenceman dude.

Ugh, wish Therrien would stop being a tool and put our two best defencemen together.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@jonasTSN1050: Randy Carlyle was on the ice at the start of practice, but is suddenly nowhere to be seen.

Pls be fired

Red_Man

Subban's just not a first pairing defenceman dude.

Ugh, wish Therrien would stop being a tool and put our two best defencemen together.
Yea, I don't get it. Aside from that pairing, this is definitely the best Habs team we'll ice in a very long time. If we can dump Moen, then everyone of those forwards can be productive and effective and we have a legit top 6 besides the fact DD isn't a #1 center.

Red_Man

I've always hated the BOLTS logo, looks terrible. Like that it's black though.

Edit: Markstrom cleared waivers, I guess everyone's given up on him.

Stasis

J.T. Miller has been fantastic in both games now.

Unless he totally bombs out for the rest of training camp I think he's already a virtual lock for the opening day lineup.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a full year of miller in the nhl potentially, seeing him develop a la Kreider.

Though I doubt it happens, I wouldn't mind seeing that Duclair Miller Nash line in the regular season either. Maybe give Duke his 9 games. With Step out we could certainly use the offense and they seemed to gel quickly. It's a lot to assume based off one game but it's stuff we can look forward to.

Also glad we have McIlrath coming along. He's close to ready for bottom pairing duties IMO. We've been needing a true crease clearer with a teammate defence mean streak too, and the man can fight the best of them. Nice to see that on someone who won't be otherwise completely useless in the lineup.

Red_Man

Someone told Will Arnett the Leafs are making the playoffs this year

ByjgdemCYAAkS6H.jpg:large

It absolutely blows my mind that the studio behind one of the (if not the) greatest Multiplayer games of our time, actually put together Destiny's MP. It is beyond atrocious in almost every aspect. I don't know if it is because there is way more variety in terms of character skill trees unlike the beta, but I though the beta MP was much more fun and balanced than the full game. Either way, it is really bad.

Red_Man

It absolutely blows my mind that the studio behind one of the (if not the) greatest Multiplayer games of our time, actually put together Destiny's MP. It is beyond atrocious in almost every aspect. I don't know if it is because there is way more variety in terms of character skill trees unlike the beta, but I though the beta MP was much more fun and balanced than the full game. Either way, it is really bad.
Seeing as Reach was their last game before this, I'm not really surprised. It's still super disappointing though.

Funny story from the Wild's main writer
Pretty cool scene on the ice after today's morning skate.

Kuemper was part of a proposal.

As the skate ended, goalie coach Bob Mason slipped an engagement ring into Kuemper's glove.
As he was leaving the ice, a man named Jack Baker -- a family friend of Mason -- asked for Kuemper's autograph. Kuemper said he actually had something for Baker's girlfriend, Alaina Olson. Kuemper handed over the ring and Baker popped the question.

"She was shocked," Kuemper said, laughing. "It was pretty cool to be a part of it."

Ah so you're one of the heathens that doesn't like Halo 2?

It all makes sense now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The stories I've heard from ex-employees and friends working at Bungie are amazing. I'm shocked Destiny turned out like it did. But good on them for selling tons of copies to make up for the all that development time.

I think it's a fine video game. Greatest multiplayer of "our" time? :lol

Mostly joking. I had more fun with Halo 3 than Halo 2 anyway. Doesn't help that I didn't get XBL until late 2006 and only played Halo 2 competitively for about a month or two until Gears of War won me over.

I haven't had as much fun in MP since Halo 3. To me that is the greatest MP I have played to date.

This guy gets it. Custom games in Halo 3 were so damn good. Infection and their variants were so much fun. That cannot be beat for me.

Halo 2 sucks.

Disagree. What console shooters do you prefer?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo 2 is THE greatest multi game of all time.

It had great gameplay, great maps and great matchmaking. No other game has been able to replicate it 10 years later.... sad state of multiplayer games :/

But then again it's a common problem... Q3A, CS Classic and Halo 2 are old games and are still the top of the genre.

Halo 3 may have had a little more fun factor due to better weapon assortment... but man some of those maps were bad...

Heretic

Halo 2 is THE greatest multi game of all time.

It had great gameplay, great maps and great matchmaking. No other game has been able to replicate it 10 years later.... sad state of multiplayer games :/

But then again it's a common problem... Q3A, CS Classic and Halo 2 are old games and are still the top of the genre.

Halo 3 may have had a little more fun factor due to better weapon assortment... but man some of those maps were bad...

Dopey speaks truth!

#TeamDopeyStats

Top Bottom