• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Buffalo going with probable-AHL guys on each line tonight, Grigorenko as top center, and Makarov in net for the first time in the NHL.

19 Cody Hodgson – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 80 Chris Stewart
20 Zac Dalpe – 17 Torrey Mitchell – 65 Brian Flynn
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 22 Johan Larsson – 33 Joel Armia
37 Matt Ellis – 59 Tim Schaller – 36 Patrick Kaleta

6 Mike Weber – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
64 Nick Petrecki – 41 Andrej Meszaros
10 Drew Bagnall – 24 Tyson Strachan

35 Andrey Makarov
50 Nathan Lieuwen

I did a pool draft last night with 12 other people. We're doing 8F, 4D, and 2G. Only count points, goalie win is 2 points, 3 if it's a shutout.

Stamkos
Perry
Zetterberg
Vanek
Parise

JVR
Vrbata
Nichushkin

Barrie
S. Jones
Gardiner
Rielly

Rask
Halak

I like my forwards, but not too excited about my defense. $50 per person, so the payout is going to be $650. Hopefully no one gets injured.

jax1oex8s.gif

Good stuff bruh. Like they said above, your D is weak but otherwise I like the team a lot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can someone list out the first 30 picks or something? Gonna use your draft as a basis for my own research if that makes any sense

sure. Pretty sure yahoo puts out the draft order with players picked in an easily quoted form, too, so it should be simple enough to cross-post it here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs cut everyone except Pateryn, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Sekac, Thomas, Andrighetto and De La Rose. Pretty funny how Thomas came out of nowhere, but good for him. Scherbak sent back to his junior team as well. No excuses for the Bulldogs to be shit this year, they finally have a deep team.

looks like my work schedule will allow me more flexibility this year to watch games, has Gamecenter got their stuff together or do most of you guys just still use hockeystreams?

I'm out of market so I don't have to worry about blackout restrictions

EDIT: I took the summer off so I haven't lurked around here too much incase you guys have already discussed this

Marvie_3

Banned
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today they have assigned forwards Matt Carey and Phillip Danault and defenseman Stephen Johns to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. In addition, the team has released defenseman Cam Barker from camp.

ibcRjFCIj9ISFw.gif

I really liked what I saw from Johns and Danault. Carey is nothing special but he did score a goal so maybe it's a mistake to send him down.....

Red_Man

looks like my work schedule will allow me more flexibility this year to watch games, has Gamecenter got their stuff together or do most of you guys just still use hockeystreams?

I'm out of market so I don't have to worry about blackout restrictions

EDIT: I took the summer off so I haven't lurked around here too much incase you guys have already discussed this
Even without the blackouts, Hockeystreams is a better deal, has better quality, more access to hockey related events, and in general I've found just much easier to use across multiple devices without having technical issues.

Even without the blackouts, Hockeystreams is a better deal, has better quality, more access to hockey related events, and in general I've found just much easier to use across multiple devices without having technical issues.

I still have a hard time believing this, I know its true after sitting in this thread for the better part of last season, but it still amazes me that this is the case.

Red_Man

I still have a hard time believing this, I know its true after sitting in this thread for the better part of last season, but it still amazes me that this is the case.
I believe it's the same resolution, but Hockeystreams is 60 FPS while GCL is 24. HS looks pretty damn good, plus you get access to every league and draft coverage + trade deadline coverage, etc.

Chromecast users - what is the best way to play local media (videos etc) from your harddrive to your TV? Is there a good option for that right now? Plex?

Quick

Banned
Chromecast users - what is the best way to play local media (videos etc) from your harddrive to your TV? Is there a good option for that right now? Plex?

Try entering the directory of your file on Chrome's address bar, and casting it on the
Chromecast.

Not sure if that method is outdated now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Lombardi and Ryan Malone will miss both games against the Flyers tomorrow and Tuesday with injuries. More good news for the young kids.

Hank will play the full game tomorrow, Talbot will play the full game on Tuesday.

Next round of cuts after the two games with the Flyers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i hate sportsnet because they talk through the pregame

fuck off

i hope i don't have to deal with this shit every damn game :<

Red_Man

PP still looks like shit. I have no idea where they're still dumping it in on the entry, its so annoying to watch.

8bit-nick

Neo Member
kaleta's hit was a rolling puck, no skin was broken.

not that bad, the dude has been through way worse.

that nolan shiver though!

Red_Man

Even though they've iced almost all NHLers this definitely plays like a preseason game. AG needs to stay at centre.

8bit-nick

Neo Member
So how are points in fantasy determined for defensemen/goalies? Are defensemen just points and goalies just wins/shutouts?

i play yahoo fantasy, and my league has it set up so goalies have 1 win = 10 points, Loss = -3 Points, saves = .25 points, and shutouts = 5 points .

hits and shots on goal are 2 points each, and LW, C, RW and D are all treated equally

Top Bottom