• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Marvie_3

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873404

I'm out of market for Blues, but this is good news regardless.
Good. Blackout rules are bullshit.

LOL NHL 15... I fucking knew it. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell they couldn't port over that mode to the new gen systems. It would've had to have been something pretty drastic which affected the game for them to not go ahead with it after 2 years. Wonder if it's a frame-rate issue with all 12 players.
It's EA.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
IF there's no EASHL in NHL15 I don't even know what I'd do. Probably cancel my pre-order and see if I can put it towards like FF15 or so. What other good PS4 titles are coming out before Christmas? (already getting Destiny and Pokemon for 3DS)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well lucky for me, I don't play EASHL or OTP, so this won't affect me at all, but my good friend plays those modes exclusively so he was mighty pissed when I told him today. They also aren't putting in the Winter Classic for current gen so I figure it's lack of man power. I do know that team is the smallest of the EA Sports teams, like 40 guys. And while working on NHL 14 they would've also been doing stuff on NHL 15, but not spending full time on it while NHL 14 was in full production. I think it comes down to lack of man power cause NHL just doesn't sell as much as the other sports titles so EA doesn't put the money into it.

Smiley90

All I could think was "how cool would all-1st person perspective 6on6 EASHL be"

Oh and NHL 15 demo on the 26th

But I want it now

First person EASHL + Rift or Morpheus would be insane with force feedback in the headset!

Concussion mode when you get destroyed while admiring your 2 line pass

Smiley90

Oh and NHL 15 demo on the 26th

But I want it now

First person EASHL + Rift or Morpheus would be insane with force feedback in the headset!

Concussion mode when you get destroyed while admiring your 2 line pass

oh my god this would be amazing

goon teams galore

As long as my beloved GM mode is still there along with my ability to pawn Cleary off to another team for literally anything, I will be happy. Of course every team will probably deny wanting Cleary even for a 7th, then I'll know that they upped the realism.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
0_hi.jpg
*bites lip*

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait are they just going to overlay video of the commentary? Because what the fuck that looks hilarious and dumb.
Yeah, they green screened them and can just put any arena behind them while they're "in the booth". They didn't want to use CG versions of the two guys so they just filmed them saying a ton of shit which will be custom to whatever teams you're using. I hope there's at least 6-10 different intro's per match up so if you're playing a season and you play a division rival, you won't see the same intro twice.

They've also hinted at having Ray Ferraro come in during the season to record new lines for his between the benches segments so they can live update stuff that's happening in the current season. I guess Ray lives in Vancouver so he could just stop by and do some recording sessions a few times a year to update the dialog and then EA would just path the lines through like they do the Tuner Sets.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, they green screened them and can just put any arena behind them while they're "in the booth". They didn't want to use CG versions of the two guys so they just filmed them saying a ton of shit which will be custom to whatever teams you're using. I hope there's at least 6-10 different intro's per match up so if you're playing a season and you play a division rival, you won't see the same intro twice.

They've also hinted at having Ray Ferraro come in during the season to record new lines for his between the benches segments so they can live update stuff that's happening in the current season. I guess Ray lives in Vancouver so he could just stop by and do some recording sessions a few times a year to update the dialog and then EA would just path the lines through like they do the Tuner Sets.

NBA2K does this and it is amazing. No sports game comes close to 2K's presentation (even MLB The Show).

Quick

Banned
NBA2K does this and it is amazing. No sports game comes close to 2K's presentation (even MLB The Show).

They really stepped it up by adding in real voices for courtside interviews. Impressive stuff.

They still need to work on their coach model, as well as Doris Burke's.

Too bad it's usually just a player or two per team.

I remember getting super pissed at Kevin Love for speaking after the game like he was the MVPwhen he only scored a couple points and a rebound while I had 50/15/10/10 (steals)

Red_Man

So I bought an external thing to put hard drives in it so I could retrieve everything off of them from years past, because I've had a bunch of laptops go bunk on me. I start to tear apart these laptops only to find out I can't open the hard drives because I don't have the bit needed to open them. I feel like just taking them to a computer store and having a guy do it for me, but I don't want to get ripped off.

TUSR

Banned
So I bought an external thing to put hard drives in it so I could retrieve everything off of them from years past, because I've had a bunch of laptops go bunk on me. I start to tear apart these laptops only to find out I can't open the hard drives because I don't have the bit needed to open them. I feel like just taking them to a computer store and having a guy do it for me, but I don't want to get ripped off.

Go buy a small set of screw drivers.

Red_Man

Go buy a small set of screw drivers.
Are they specific ones for comps or just general ones? I've never seen ones like this, but I've never had to get at a hard drive either. They seem like a bitch to get out.

Red_Man

90% sure I'm grabbing the TLoU PS4 tomorrow, I don't particularly care for the colour schemes, and would like to get TLoU beaten before Destiny / NHL 15.

Take a picture and ill tell you what to buy.

vuSmusa.jpg

TUSR

Banned
:D

I haven't paid mine off yet.

I honestly had no idea when Destiny was coming out until the guy at EB said "We are having a midnight sale for when the game launches on the 9th"

ntkrnl showed up in that CliffyB thread, woah

90% sure I'm grabbing the TLoU PS4 tomorrow, I don't particularly care for the colour schemes, and would like to get TLoU beaten before Destiny / NHL 15.
Im definitely going to pick up TLoU Remastered (even thought I already somehow have 2 original TLoU copies?)

Those are called Torx, they shouldn't be too difficult to find. They usually have a little nub in the middle of the screw head, but since these ones don't appear to, you could almost get away with using a flat-head if you're not concerned about the quality of the screws after removing them. (Stripping)

Top Bottom