• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

TUSR

Banned
This is news to me. What are these trading cards? I have steam and like 60 games. :/
When you get a game or spend x amount of dollars on a game. You get trading cards which you craft into badges or something to increase your steam level or get drops.

It's a meta system based around spending money.

HNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!

Yay! Also, I can't live without Kinect now. The voice commands absolutely rock. (Not sure how functional it is in Canada though)

Xbox, On
Xbox, watch NHL Network
Xbox, go to *game*
Xbox, snap TV.

SmartGlass kicks so much ass too.

They're adding features to smart glass to stream live TV from your xbox one to your phone or tablet as well

zedge

When you get a game or spend x amount of dollars on a game. You get trading cards which you craft into badges or something to increase your steam level or get drops.

It's a meta system based around spending money.
Cool. Never really paid attention to this. So the money is just credit on steam then I imagine?

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=728422

Crazed, step off the roof. There are plenty of other things to be excited for.

lVtq0EN.gif

I got the X1 without the Kinect and they gave me Forza 5 for free. Sweet.

I was really hoping that was what that was.

I totally thought I remember reading a post from you last night saying how you were totally going PS4 all the way, then I read the most recent posts, another 180 for the Xbox One!! ;) Also get Ryse when it is cheapish (maybe 20-30 bucks) fun and beautiful game and play on the hardest difficulty, a little on the short side but reviews didn't do it justice, also Strike Suit Zero and Crimson Dragon are the free games this month.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They're adding features to smart glass to stream live TV from your xbox one to your phone or tablet as well

We aren't sure if that's for digital tuner only yet

If it is, feature is worthless for canada, thanks to our useless telcos :(

I currently use a slingplayer setup so i can watch TV anywhere, but would prefer a more stable and less dependent solution (if directv ever kills slingplayer, im fucked)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I totally thought I remember reading a post from you last night saying how you were totally going PS4 all the way, then I read the most recent posts, another 180 for the Xbox One!! ;) (also get Ryse when it is cheapish (maybe 20-30 bucks) fun and beautiful game and play on the hardest difficulty, a little on the short side but reviews didn't do it justice, also Strike Suit Zero and Crimson Dragon are the free games this month.
I spent most of the night going back and forth, but the EA access deal swayed me over. I was hoping Ryse would be $20 by now but its still $45 at my EB Games. Gonna download Forza, Titanfall, BF4, and Fifa for now. Planning on grabbing Diablo 3 next week to hold me over until Destiny / NHL 15.

zedge

We aren't sure if that's for digital tuner only yet

If it is, feature is worthless for canada, thanks to our useless telcos :(

I currently use a slingplayer setup so i can watch TV anywhere, but would prefer a more stable and less dependent solution (if directv ever kills slingplayer, im fucked)

By the sounds of it you can only stream on the same network as your x1. I doubt they will allow you to stream from another location. Most cable companies offer their own service for this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm telling!

show me your voodoo!

Also, kinda jelly you and Frankie go way back.

telling for what? it's my own server... i'm sitting right beside it! lol

VPN is associated with piracy/geolocation because you're essentially connecting to a network and adopting an external wan IP of the region you're connecting to, but it's heavily used for more normal reasons :p

Not sure what to put in the Steam column but I went with the suffix on my Steam Community page. Searching for my in-game display name would be too difficult.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What do you do as a substitute?

I gotta cut the cord this year.
I'm just exclusively online. Use Gamecenter / Hockeystreams for hockey, and download all my other shows and watch them through my 360 typically. I don't watch any other sports religiously like hockey, so it's easy to do. If you're a big fan of multiple sports, I can see it being more difficult to avoid cable.

NHL-GAF Game ID List

For those that missed it.
Added my GT for fellow Xbone dudes. I don't own any handhelds, but god damn at all the 3DS owners around here.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm just exclusively online. Use Gamecenter / Hockeystreams for hockey, and download all my other shows and watch them through my 360 typically. I don't watch any other sports religiously like hockey, so it's easy to do. If you're a big fan of multiple sports, I can see it being more difficult to avoid cable.

Added my GT for fellow Xbone dudes. I don't own any handhelds, but god damn at all the 3DS owners around here.

the power of animal crossing

Top Bottom