• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

TUSR

Banned
Why not both?

Pokemon X and Y kind of fell flat with me. I only put 8 hours into X and haven't touched it since.

Edit: Heart Gold/Soul Silver were the best of the newer Pokemon games, I haven't truly enjoyed any other entries since Gold/Silver.
(I never had a GBA until after the SP was released in NA)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pokemon X and Y kind of fell flat with me. I only put 8 hours into X and haven't touched it since.

Edit: Heart Gold/Soul Silver were the best of the newer Pokemon games, I haven't truly enjoyed any other entries since Gold/Silver.
(I never had a GBA until after the SP was released in NA)

Zeta/Omicron are amazing. Just saying.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just exclusively online. Use Gamecenter / Hockeystreams for hockey, and download all my other shows and watch them through my 360 typically. I don't watch any other sports religiously like hockey, so it's easy to do. If you're a big fan of multiple sports, I can see it being more difficult to avoid cable.

Added my GT for fellow Xbone dudes. I don't own any handhelds, but god damn at all the 3DS owners around here.

Gamecenter is supposed to come to the X1 soon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just added my PSN and XBL name. I have a PS4, PS3, XB1, and Wii U. I forgot my 3DS friend code but I'll put that up when I get home.

I'll be getting NHL 15 and Madden 15 on PS4.

Socreges

Banned
Just added my PSN and XBL name. I have a PS4, PS3, XB1, and Wii U. I forgot my 3DS friend code but I'll put that up when I get home.

I'll be getting NHL 15 and Madden 15 on PS4.
You must like video games.

That also explains why the only exception is the Vita.

Is it actually fun though?

I watched the video of it on Steam a while ago and it looked like it was basically just a ton of Excel spreadsheets with some algorithms for points and everything else. Didn't seem to have much gameplay.

Am I completely wrong with that?

Is it actually fun though?

I watched the video of it on Steam a while ago and it looked like it was basically just a ton of Excel spreadsheets with some algorithms for points and everything else. Didn't seem to have much gameplay.

Am I completely wrong with that?

As a guy who prints spreadsheets for bedsheets, this kind of sounds cool. No wait. There better at least be some graphics or something

From what I saw in the video, it is just tons and tons of menus without any pictures of the players or anything. A few pucks in the background but no gameplay or anything.

Wow they don't even want to try to make it look like fun. I don't want to go home and do more spreadsheets. What's the Excel formula for a Stanley Cup? Need to pass this info onto Bob 'GM of the Year' Murray.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You get to do fun things like try and trade Dan Cleary though.

But yeah it's very excel-y, sadly. First game of its kind by the Dev, so it was all work from ground up. It has a LOT of customization/stats though, which is pretty sweet if you enjoy Be a GM mode.

FHM comes from the same guys who make OOTP Baseball, which itself essentially the baseball version of the extremely popular Football Manager series. If you have tried either FM or OOTP and liked it, FHM is a pretty good sim.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You get to do fun things like try and trade Dan Cleary though.

But yeah it's very excel-y, sadly. First game of its kind by the Dev, so it was all work from ground up. It has a LOT of customization/stats though, which is pretty sweet if you enjoy Be a GM mode.
Added my info onto the spreadsheet

Who the fuck would trade Dan Cleary? His Dan Clearsi score is through the roof of the retirement home!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You must like video games.

That also explains why the only exception is the Vita.

I own a Vita.

I just don't play it for anything other than a portable PS1.

The game library for that thing is terrible.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Played some Titanfall, it was a lot more fun than I was expecting. Presentation is pretty lackluster for a next gen game though.

Tabris

I was thinking about this. Is there any other sport in the world that has had a single person dominate every single kind of record like Wayne Gretzky has. Dominated to the point where it will never be broken without changing the way the game is played?

Plinko

I have ~20 Vita games. Not all of them are platform exclusive but there's tons to play on that thing.

There are a lot of games to play, but they aren't very good.

Plinko

Also not true.

Uncharted was meh, Gravity Rush was trash because of the controls/battle system, Soul Sacrifice was boring, etc. The only fun I had was with Tearaway, and that was overrated.

Top Bottom