• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Its actually still Season 1.

S2 is on right now, it features GGO.

Hu? No, Season 3 is on atm... At least in terms of theme.

Season 1: badass computer renaissance knights
Season 2: incest fairies
Season 3: Detroit Online

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
OT feels like a minefield now.

QNbQXYQ.jpg

Learn from the mistakes of dstrdly and others. Not even once.

Quick

Banned
I'm finally well into Assassin's Creed IV, and it's actually been pretty fun.

It's annoying (briefly) when I'm really into the Kenway story and the present day missions interrupt. JAYSUS.

Edit: Jesus Christ, another cop thread. AVOID.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm finally well into Assassin's Creed IV, and it's actually been pretty fun.

It's annoying (briefly) when I'm really into the Kenway story and the present day missions interrupt. JAYSUS.

I would have loved to have stuck with him the whole time. The other guy was so boring, I couldn't even finish.

"Hey now that you have the full length tutorial out of the way, it's time to start an even longer tutorial with a new character! "

Edit: wait a minute! I'm talking about 3... Fuck.

Quick

Banned
I would have loved to have stuck with him the whole time. The other guy was so boring, I couldn't even finish.

"Hey now that you have the full length tutorial out of the way, it's time to start an even longer tutorial with a new character! "

I couldn't get mad, because it was interesting picking up fragments of the Subject 17 and Animus projects in general.

I just found it so weird that shit escalated pretty quickly, and the present day character just does what he's told by the IT guy. It went from "grab some files from this person's computer and deliver it to the courier" to "I'M GONNA FUCKING RAT YOU OUT IF YOU DON'T DO AS I SAY, NOW BREAK INTO OLIVIER'S OFFICE THROUGH THE BALCONY!"

I liked ACIII. Connor wasn't as interesting as Ezio, but the setting and just being different overall was refreshing. The Haytham twist at the beginning was a good "wtf" moment.

I couldn't get mad, because it was interesting picking up fragments of the Subject 17 and Animus projects in general.

I just found it so weird that shit escalated pretty quickly, and the present day character just does what he's told by the IT guy. It went from "grab some files from this person's computer and deliver it to the courier" to "I'M GONNA FUCKING RAT YOU OUT IF YOU DON'T DO AS I SAY, NOW BREAK INTO OLIVIER'S OFFICE THROUGH THE BALCONY!"

This was hilarious, btw. Happened so damn fast.

ACIV is a really fun game. I'm probably 60-75% of the way through it but I plowed through that pretty darn fast. Hopefully I can finish it before NHL comes out because otherwise I'm probably not going to touch it for years.

Quick

Banned
I just think the present day shit is a major drag in every entry in the series. People don't buy these games to do that shit.

I wasn't a big fan of Revelations with Desmond being stuck in the Animus with Subject 16.

ACII and Revelations are my two favourites from the series, though.

This was hilarious, btw. Happened so damn fast.

ACIV is a really fun game. I'm probably 60-75% of the way through it but I plowed through that pretty darn fast. Hopefully I can finish it before NHL comes out because otherwise I'm probably not going to touch it for years.

It's fun, but I really just want to finish it. There's the Aveline bits I feel I still need to do. We'll see.

I initially had Watch Dogs to finish next, but I just traded it in. I'll pick it up again when it's dirt cheap. It really bored me after spending a few days playing it.

I wasn't a big fan of Revelations with Desmond being stuck in the Animus with Subject 16.

ACII and Revelations are my two favourites from the series, though.

It's fun, but I really just want to finish it. There's the Aveline bits I feel I still need to do. We'll see.

I initially had Watch Dogs to finish next, but I just traded it in. I'll pick it up again when it's dirt cheap. It really bored me after spending a few days playing it.

ACII is my favorite as well.

ACIV is just so damn long. It's a massive game that is just daunting to pick up again after taking a break for a while. Once I get playing it I can play it for a week or two crushing island after island but other than that? eh.

I want to finish it soon but I know that I have a lot ahead of me.

And I really want to destroy the Legendary ships in each corner of the map. I've gone against two of them and got destroyed in the first and got the second down to probably about 1/4th health but damn. It's just so enticing, with the weather and the way your crew treats it. Kudos to Ubi.

ACII is my favorite as well.

ACIV is just so damn long. It's a massive game that is just daunting to pick up again after taking a break for a while. Once I get playing it I can play it for a week or two crushing island after island but other than that? eh.

I want to finish it soon but I know that I have a lot ahead of me.

And I really want to destroy the Legendary ships in each corner of the map. I've gone against two of them and got destroyed in the first and got the second down to probably about 1/4th health but damn. It's just so enticing, with the weather and the way your crew treats it. Kudos to Ubi.

Game was really fun, beat all the ships, and got pretty close to 100%, I think I said screw it on the treasures and didn't feel like collecting all of those, but I believe I did everything else or close to it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I love every Assassin's Creed game, but I've never finished any of them. I always get way deep into the game, run into a mission that takes multiple tries but requires some kind of incredibly tedious pre-action segment, and quit.

Quick

Banned
I almost bailed out on IV when I couldn't get past a particular mission involving ship battles. Mine vs. 3 2 other ships.

I kept failing to the point that the game asked me if I wanted to quit and make more upgrades to my ship to try again.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The thing that kind of ruined Assassin's Creed for me was playing Arkham City last year. The city traversal and combat in that game is so amazingly smooth and effortless, going into ACIV afterwards was a shock to the system.

Quick

Banned
GAF hates cops and foreskin.

I pop into any cop thread and the first five replies go along the lines of:

FUCKING PIGS MAN.

NOT ALL COPS /S

ALL COPS ARE SCUM. CAMERAS

FUCK COPS. THEY'RE ALL PIGS.

PIGS PIGS COPS PIGS COPS PIGS PIGS

AC2 and Brotherhood are definitely my favorites. In AC4 I think I just have one legendary ship left.

Brotherhood was great. I had mixed feelings for it when it was revealed initially because ACII was great, and I was ready for a new descendant. ACB came out of nowhere and I wasn't sure if they could keep Ezio interesting. On the other hand, I was hyped for a new AC game anyway.

The thing that kind of ruined Assassin's Creed for me was playing Arkham City last year. The city traversal and combat in that game is so amazingly smooth and effortless, going into ACIV afterwards was a shock to the system.

I like being able to just interact with the city from the ground with AC. Starting shit with guards, fighting to get territory back from the Templars, recruiting (wasn't really big on this), and all that. I would've liked having Leonardo's flying machine available to me for traversal purposes, but I guess that makes things too easy.

On a not-cops-killing-minorities note: Spotify has been pretty awesome. I want to make themed playlists for myself, but I just don't know what themes and what to put in.

That being said, an NHL-GAF playlist would be pretty cool. Shove in some of our favourites. There's a GAF playlist that has a shit ton of songs.

Acid08

Banned
I've only played the first two AC games. They're funn but idk, never felt like they were all that. The missions were never super engaging for me and lol @ the story.

NHL playlist

2 unlimited - Y'all ready for this
Pennywise - Bro Hymn
Kenkraft - Zombie Nation
Stompin' Tom - Hockey Song
Tragically Hip - 50 Mission Cap

iLLmAtlc

i havent had any run ins with da pull lease but i think there are bad apples like every other profession. speaking strictly for canada even tho there have been some bad incidents they don't change the fact that I wouldn't hesitate to call them if I ever got into trouble

Calamari41

41 > 38
If you ever want to hear an epic anti-police rant, talk to a well off white 20-something who just got his first (justified) speeding ticket.

Basically me 4 years ago.

Well thats gonna be in my head for the next 3 months. Thanks.

It was basically a kamikaze attack... I'll be right there with you.

Top Bottom