• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Razorskin

----- ------
BvV4gv6IMAA22r5.jpg

Noooooooo!

Who is this and why is she announcing the Oilers are getting the #1 pick?

calder

Winnipeg Jets Games to be Broadcast on New TSN3

The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club, in conjunction with their broadcast partner TSN, today announced 65 regional Winnipeg Jets games will be broadcast live this season on the new TSN3.

Jets fans who already subscribe to TSN will automatically receive TSN3 as part of their existing television package. With games being moved to TSN3, the previously offered subscription to TSN Jets is no longer required. Winnipeg Jets games will now be more widely available across the broadcast region of TSN3, which includes all of the provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, Nunavut, the Northwest Territories, along with parts of Northwestern Ontario including Kenora, Dryden, and Thunder Bay.

TSN3 is part of a new collection of five TSN feeds announced on May 6th by Canada’s Sports Leader. All five channels will debut on Monday, August 25th.

The TSN broadcast package for this upcoming Jets’ season includes five pre-season games and 60 regular season games live on TSN3. The remaining 22 regular season games will be broadcast on CBC Hockey Night in Canada, Rogers Sportsnet, and City TV. The remaining two pre-season games can be seen on TSN GO.

The Jets first broadcast on TSN3 will take place live from MTS Centre on September 22nd, when Winnipeg hosts the Minnesota Wild in their first pre-season contest. The Jets will also open the 2014-15 regular season on the road in Arizona on October 9th and make their home debut the following week versus Nashville on October 17th. Both games will be featured on the new TSN3.

PLEASE NOTE: Game time for the Jets’ home game on November 23rd versus St. Louis has been changed to 3:30 p.m CT. Also, an earlier schedule released by the team on June 22nd indicated the game on January 8th at Arizona was scheduled to be played at 9:00 p.m. CT. The correct game time is 8:00 p.m. CT.

As fans have grown familiar with over three Jets seasons, all games on TSN3 will feature the Voice of the Jets, Dennis Beyak. Analyst duties will be shared by Shane Hnidy and Brian Engblom. TSN3 will also feature 30-minute pre- and post-game shows every game, hosted by TSN’s team of hockey experts and Insiders.

All of the Jets’ 82 regular season games, as well as all seven exhibition games, can be heard live on the radio and online on TSN 1290. Play-by-play calls are handled by Beyak and Paul Edmonds, who most recently served as the co-host of TSN 1290’s morning show. They are joined by analysts Brian Munz and Hnidy, both of whom have been part of TSN 1290’s Jets coverage since it debuted in 2011.

Yay! Fucked over no more!

But, mild downside, the whole TSN Jets thing was a big part of my justification for Center Ice.

Complaining to Comcast worked, they came out today and got everything set up, I can finally stop using my neighbors internet. They were also late to that's $20 dollars off the bill.

TUSR

Banned
Complaining to Comcast worked, they came out today and got everything set up, I can finally stop using my neighbors internet. They were also late to that's $20 dollars off the bill.

Hell of a lot better than the 3 weeks they initially projected.

Customer retention does wonders when threatening to jump ship.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kaberle is at the Biosteel camp looking to get a try out. Dude needs to watch Frozen, and let it go. It's over man.

Cake Boss

Banned
Send signed a dman that played 13 NHL games last season to a 3 year contract on top of his 1 year one way contract that kicks in for next season.

So a guy that has 21 NHL under his belt has 4 years of NHL salary guaranteed.

Razorskin

----- ------
Send signed a dman that played 13 NHL games last season to a 3 year contract on top of his 1 year one way contract that kicks in for next season.

Bryan Murray has a tough job with Melnyk breathing down his neck.

I wasn't going to post this but I couldn't think of anything to say except LOL.

Oh hey he's from Ottawa that means he's a keeper.

TUSR

Banned
I need you guys to double check if im fucking insane or not. Using made up names help me figure this out.

My cousin Josh lives in town with his girlfriend, his brother (Andrew) lived in Saskatchewan.

Andrew and his pregnant fiance (Jen) are driving through town on their way back home on the island and stop at our place because Josh and his girlfriend are over for our typical Sunday family dinners.

If memory serves me correctly, Andrew and my dad have never met. Bad family drama.

Andrew and Jen arrive at our place around coffee time after dinner. Jen doesn't come in and say hi to anyone. She gets in the door and lays down in the den and falls asleep immediately. Not even acknowledging the home owners (my parents).

Today I asked Josh what the fuck was up with his brother's fiances lack of social cues and hes perplexed.

zroid

Banned
"The fact that I haven't been invited to a camp, it's insulting," Ho-Sang said frankly. "I've done nothing to them (Hockey Canada). It's not like they invited me to U17 and U18 and I messed up at all that stuff. I haven't been invited back since my first year in the OHL in December. It's been a year and a half; I haven't been a part of any Hockey Canada stuff."

But he has a philosophy as to why invites have not been coming his way.

"They can't invite me to that stuff because they're afraid," he said. "If I go there and do well, then they have no reason not to put me on the World Junior team." Asked directly why Hockey Canada wouldn't want him on that team, Ho-Sang, looking puzzled, responded, "I don't know."

"If you're going to alienate an 18-year-old kid, like good job. Their job is development and progression of Canadian hockey. If I am a problem child, that means they don't like problems, that they have an issue with fixing things, that they like when things are easy. That actually means that they don't possess the ability to develop and that they are just taking players to fit their role that have been developed somewhere else."

Ho-Sang ain't happy

Cake Boss

Banned
HO SANG THROWING DAT ETHER!!

My mang, Hockey Canada has been run by clowns the past 5 years hence our lack of gold and failures in the big stage.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I need you guys to double check if im fucking insane or not. Using made up names help me figure this out.

My cousin Josh lives in town with his girlfriend, his brother (Andrew) lived in Saskatchewan.

Andrew and his pregnant fiance (Jen) are driving through town on their way back home on the island and stop at our place because Josh and his girlfriend are over for our typical Sunday family dinners.

If memory serves me correctly, Andrew and my dad have never met. Bad family drama.

Andrew and Jen arrive at our place around coffee time after dinner. Jen doesn't come in and say hi to anyone. She gets in the door and lays down in the den and falls asleep immediately. Not even acknowledging the home owners (my parents).

Today I asked Josh what the fuck was up with his brother's fiances lack of social cues and hes perplexed.

That's rude. I can understand her needing to lie down if she's pregnant but she should have acknowledged your parents and if she really needed to rest, asked if she could lay down somewhere.

calder

Wow, the first few paragraphs of this made me feel like it was a logic problem on an exam I hadn't prepared for.

In the end it's pretty simple - yeah she should have obviously said something. If she was super tired and/or sick it's very understandable to beg out of plans or whatever and say you just need to lie down, but saying "hi" to people you've never met when you enter their home takes like 2 minutes.

Silexx

Karlsson met with the media today.

Nothing groundbreaking here, but he was the one who let the media know that he was available to talk. He also emphasizes throughout the presser that he's spending more time in Ottawa these days and that now considers it home.

So yeah... BASED NORRISSON!!!

TUSR

Banned
That's rude. I can understand her needing to lie down if she's pregnant but she should have acknowledged your parents and if she really needed to rest, asked if she could lay down somewhere.

If it makes any difference shes only 3ish months pregnant.

In the end it's pretty simple - yeah she should have obviously said something. If she was super tired and/or sick it's very understandable to beg out of plans or whatever and say you just need to lie down, but saying "hi" to people you've never met when you enter their home takes like 2 minutes.

I drove my dad to work this morning and the first thing he said to me was "well that was weird" when I picked him up.

So I figured id bring it up to Josh (the local cousin) because I know its going to potentially bother my Dad. Family shit is weird, its 100% of the reason I make no effort to branch out to more relatives.

Thanks for the replies Kat and Calder.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
AB: Does the pro scouting staff measure players with anything other than their “eyeballs”? Does the team use any statistical metrics within their database of players?

SK: No, we are not using a statistical analysis. I am not saying there’s not room for that in the game, but sometimes a player’s contribution does not always show up on a stat sheet. I know a statistical analysis isn’t simply looking at goals and assists, but sometimes a player can play his best game and you don’t see his name anywhere on the scoresheet. My own personal belief is that I like to be there live and see a game myself.
OUR PRO SCOUT, EVERYONE!! I hope Dubas or someone cans this guy.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Yeah, no matter how tired you are, you can spare five minutes to introduce yourself to your hosts. The bitch done goofed. A more bitter person would hold a grudge, but at the very least doing that will make people talk shit on you behind your back for the foreseeable future.

And she was just on a minor road trip. I have ended international flights (that wound up closing in on 24 hours with layovers) by graciously chatting with my hosts for more than an hour before excusing myself to go pass out. No sympathy for her here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Confirmed missing now?

Speaking of family, I have a cousin who posts pictures of her daughter all the time on Facebook and how much she loves her, meanwhile she had her daughter taken away because she and her boyfriend constantly did drugs around the kid. She's also so excited!!! to be pregnant again, pisses me off.

I just want to play a new NHL game. :(

Guess I'll stick with the demo for now when that comes out, plus it saves me some money with all the other games coming out this year.

Speaking of family, I have a cousin who posts pictures of her daughter all the time on Facebook and how much she loves her, meanwhile she had her daughter taken away because she and her boyfriend constantly did drugs around the kid. She's also so excited!!! to be pregnant again, pisses me off.

That is upsetting.

Here I am offending my in-laws by asking them to take down pictures of my kids from their Facebook accounts. I am uncomfortable with people having an online presence they didn't consent to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Confirmed missing now?

I...wtf....??
That is upsetting.

Here I am offending my in-laws by asking them to take down pictures of my kids from their Facebook accounts. I am uncomfortable with people having an online presence they didn't consent to.
What does your wife think of it? I don't have a kid yet, but I don't believe I'd be upset if my mother or mother-in-law posted his/her pic.

Cake Boss

Banned
Really you guys would get upset if relatives posted pics of your baby?

I wouldn't mind it, I would be proud that someone else is showing off what came out of my balls man.

Jesus fuck I just got an email from the University saying that they are still going to admit students from those four countries in Africa who have been most affected by Ebola and that we aren't supposed to worry because they are going to have required doctor visits once a day.

How the fuck do you allow people from there to come over here? Quarantine everybody you dumb fucks. Don't allow anybody to come in here. Especially around me. Goddamnit.

Razorskin

----- ------
Jesus fuck I just got an email from the University saying that they are still going to admit students from those four countries in Africa who have been most affected by Ebola and that we aren't supposed to worry because they are going to have required doctor visits once a day.

How the fuck do you allow people from there to come over here? Quarantine everybody you dumb fucks. Don't allow anybody to come in here. Especially around me. Goddamnit.

You'll be just fine dude.

Top Bottom