• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Socreges

Banned
derp derp dalè derp
The quote in my previous post is you responding to this comment from me:

Florida needs a couple more lottery picks before they even think about the playoffs.

Implying/joking they've recently gotten an absurd amount of lottery picks and would need even more before they could be successful.

DALĘ

So my brother's been playing hockey for the past few years and is now decent enough for people to notice and like him. Said he played and chilled with a lot of players and a lot of familiar faces including Jim and Devin Cuddy, Ron Mclean, Cuba Gooding Jr, Billy Talent, David Clarkson and a lot more that I don't remember on top of my head.

Am I jealous? Maybe just a little bit. I might start playing soon to feed my curiosity.

Socreges

Banned
General rule of thumb: If you don't understand a Soc witticism then you're too dumb to get it.

I'm guilty of that, like, dozens of times. Literally dozens.
:( that isn't true but that is how i treat people sometimes

/humbled

also you want me to post the tobias-dozensofus.gif but i won't do it

Quick

Banned

YOU SEE

SHE GOT WHAT SHE WANTS

CAUSE SHE'S HEART AND SOUL

SHE'S HOT AND COLD

SHE'S GOT IT ALL

Allow me to reigniting the Ducks/Stars rivalry in spectacular fashion...

iPMLBSjNOEU9Z.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
"@ian_mendes: TSN announcers for Sens games this season: Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert as play-by-play. Ray Ferraro and Jamie McLennan as analysts

SNES get the goat announcers.

It will be the only thing that's going for them.

calder

Is that for the upcoming season?

I seem to recall that CBC forfeited ad revenue from the game broadcasts to Rogers. Is that right or have I been living on Vancouver Island for too long?

That was my understanding too - CBC doesn't get *any* revenue from HNIC but they get free ad time for their own shows. The flipside being CBC isn't paying for the rights.

It was a pretty clever solution for Bettman, who basically said "I don't want to be the guy who everyone blames for killing HNIC so work that shit into your proposal".

calder

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 39s
Hearing MLSE president/CEO Tim Leiweke will be leaving the company soon. (1/2)

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 4s
Not sure of where he's going, but hearing the reason is he is looking for a new challenge.

Potentially big news.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
BRB starting my Randy Carlyle for CEO twitter campaign now, the Leafs in particular have had way too many good hires lately.

#carlyleCEO

knowing him, he'd make colton orr our GM after Nonis is gone

omg lolol

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Re @FriedgeHNIC reporting Leiweke leaving MLSE been hearing also. This could be a health issue; he's sick of them and they're sick of him.

Merguson

Banned
knowing him, he'd make colton orr our GM after Nonis is gone

omg lolol

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Re @FriedgeHNIC reporting Leiweke leaving MLSE been hearing also. This could be a health issue; he's sick of them and they're sick of him.

You know this is about Rogers/Bell ownership. How the hell are the two competitors are going to be friendly in a boardroom?

Especially with Rogers taking away the national NHL broadcast rights.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You know this is about Rogers/Bell ownership. How the hell are the two competitors are going to be friendly in a boardroom?

Especially with Rogers taking away the national NHL broadcast rights.

sad part is neither company will want to part with their share of MLSE

Rogers wants to own the Leafs with the TV contract

Bell wants to stick it to Rogers

ughhhhh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So my brother's been playing hockey for the past few years and is now decent enough for people to notice and like him. Said he played and chilled with a lot of players and a lot of familiar faces including Jim and Devin Cuddy, Ron Mclean, Cuba Gooding Jr, Billy Talent, David Clarkson and a lot more that I don't remember on top of my head.

Am I jealous? Maybe just a little bit. I might start playing soon to feed my curiosity.

I want to get good enough to meet the Subbans, Iginla and maybe Anson Carter.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently leiweke is going to head the clippers

Leiweke: I've barely started here, I don't feel comfortable leaving the organization so soon.

*Ballmer writes a bunch of numbers on a napkin, slides it across to Leiweke*

Leiweke: When can I start?

EDIT: Apparently the Islanders have been sold. Even the Islanders are already getting better!

Top Bottom