• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

zroid

Banned
I'm getting Hyrule Warriors, never played Dynasty before. Do people talk shit on it because it's legitimately bad mechanically, or just because the formula is stale?

I have played Musou games a bit; never owned one, and not really a fan of the series. Usually they are fun for half an hour and then I'm done. Stoked for Hyrule Warriors though, mostly for the fanservice, but I'm hoping that it might facilitate an understanding of why some people enjoy these games so much.

Razorskin

----- ------
Jordan Subban scoring on Malcolm Subban

subbjs3jqr.gif

sunnyhbhvkip.gif

Totally like a young PK before he got respek drilled into him.

Silexx

Whelp, I knew someone was eventually going to bomb that ISIS thread with the pictures of the execution. Just glad that the mods removed them before I got in there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to ask again just because I don't feel like venturing over to the gaming side, does anyone know if the xbox one turtle beaches will work with the mic adapter that came with the xbox one ?

Jordan Subban scoring on Malcolm Subban

Totally like a young PK before he got respek drilled into him.
:'(

Tell you what gang. I'm saving a whole bunch of money by not quickly buying an Xbone simply for EAs UFC and NHL15.

I'll be wanting Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age though...

I pre-ordered Simcity. Add that to the list...

I pre-ordered CEs of Alien: Colonial Marines and Watch_Dogs.

ITS HAPPENING.

HAPPY DAYS FOR YOU FRIEND. I'm so glad the Islanders are coming in to fruition.

lmao derp. Caps still own us for whatever reason.

Yeah, this year it'll be because NATHAN WALKER NATHAN WALKER NATHAN WALKER.

who the fuck caaaaaaaaaares

Welcome back to Mildly-Interesting-Thread-A-Thon-2014, starring your pals at GeoNAF.

I'm talking about social justice warriors, not everybody who plays games. It's the premise of my entire statement. You yourself even equated it with racism by hockey fans, which is further than I would have gone myself.

The NHL isn't really equated with the kind of racism you're talking about, whereas the daily dose of "Why isn't Mario a trans pre-op?" on the Gaming side is pretty much expected these days. That's embarrassing.

Social Justice Warriors, AKA, Tumblr.

Every body realised at once that a great way to feel good about themselves is to sit on a false ivory tower and peer down and judge all those that believe there should only be female and male bathrooms.

ZeroGravity

can someone summarize this zoe stuff in gaming?
She's the developer of a game called Depression Quest. Recently her ex-boyfriend made a blog post outlining a lot of the shit she did to him in their relationship, including cheating on him with five different people. Of particular note, and which is why the story started blowing up, is that two of those people are supposedly her boss and a writer for Kotaku who has give her game positive praise in the past.

Essentially it's become a battle of "This is an example of lack of integrity in gaming/gaming journalism and needs to be addressed" and "This isn't worth discussion because it's just sexist gamers slut-shaming a female developer."

Quick

Banned
I was a huge Sims fan. I played mostly 1 & 2 and little of 3 what they've taken out of 4 is crazy.

I played a ton of each one. All those sweet custom objects and mods.

Be-A-GM Mode in single player was actually reduced in scope/features/depth. They are supposedly gonna "patch in" more to beef it up at some point. I'm not holding my breath.

From OS:

SR: In Be-A-GM, you have the opportunity to control your own franchise and guide them to a Stanley Cup. All of the basics of the mode are there: there’s free agency, trading, and the rookie draft. You can play up to 25 seasons as well. The core of that mode is there.

We’re continuing as part of our updates to bring back some of that depth in different ways. We’ll have more details on what the patch plans for Be-A-GM specifically at a later date. The goal was to create a solid foundation to continue to build upon and to bring back things our fans have been asking for which we haven’t been able to in the past because of other technical limitations we’ve had.

I make a post about saying I only touch Be A GM, and concluded that I'll buy it anyway, implying that it surely won't be gimped anyway and then I see that post.

tumblr_n24k2jkez11rmzowno1_400.gif

That thread also gave me an idea for an OT. Oh man.

TUSR

Banned
She's the developer of a game called Depression Quest. Recently her ex-boyfriend made a blog post outlining a lot of the shit she did to him in their relationship, including cheating on him with five different people. Of particular note, and which is why the story started blowing up, is that two of those people are supposedly her boss and a writer for Kotaku who has give her game positive praise in the past.

Essentially it's become a battle of "This is an example of lack of integrity in gaming/gaming journalism and needs to be addressed" and "This isn't worth discussion because it's just sexist gamers slut-shaming a female developer."

im gonna join the "i dont give a shit side"

her boyfriend is a douche and gaming journalism had no integrity to begin with.

Well, no because I'm not buying it. :p

Just seems weird that the stuff that was there since the first Sims has been taken out. Plus I don't like the career paths.

i have only ever played the first sims, they added way too much stuff in the later games.

Quick

Banned
I just read a bit about that Zoe Quinn stuff in the Gaming side with EviLore's thread.

Someone compared the moderation team closing and deleting threads about her to having child molestation and rape by priests covered up by the Catholic church.

People wanting to keep the discussion open to feign discussion on the "wider issue" of nepotism and sexism, when all they really want to know is her personal business.

This is why I don't ever trust GAF to have a proper discussion on women, especially the gaming side.

How 'bout them vaginas, eh?

This is why I don't ever trust the video games community to have a proper discussion on women

The threads on Reddit... they're basically making this out to be like a Snowden-level conspiracy. One of the top threads on their gaming subreddit is literally "how far can we trust gaming journalism since the zoegate?"

Are you fucking kidding me? It's video games you dipshits. VIDEO GAMES.

Quick

Banned
And the bigger issue at hand:

WHAT DID YOU EA SPORTS FUCKS TAKE OUT FROM BE A GM?!

NO RFAs? AND...all the other stuff I forgot about?

I cancelled my Sims 4 pre-order. Looks like some money freed up for maybe Destiny.

I cancelled my Sims 4 pre-order. Looks like some money freed up for maybe Destiny.
THEY TOOK OUT RFAs FROM BE A GM?

WHAT THE FUCK.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BUILD A GAME ON A BRAND NEW AND MORE POWERFUL SYSTEM, AND SOMEHOW LITERALLY MAKE IT WORSE THAN THE GAME BEFORE IT?!

HOW THE FUCK EVEN.

Acid08

Banned
I just read a bit about that Zoe Quinn stuff in the Gaming side with EviLore's thread.

Someone compared the moderation team closing and deleting threads about her to having child molestation and rape by priests covered up by the Catholic church.

People wanting to keep the discussion open to feign discussion on the "wider issue" of nepotism and sexism, when all they really want to know is her personal business.

This is why I don't ever trust GAF to have a proper discussion on women, especially the gaming side.

Yeah it's fucking weird. All based on unproven gossip too.

This is some Illuminati-tier WTFs even for gaming side. Holy shit.

I bet those HUT cards will be extra hi-res tho. Fuck EA.

Top Bottom