• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Calamari41

41 > 38
I gave up cable for two solid years and came crawling back because I just couldn't do without easy access to live sports. Now that there's nothing but baseball going on, though, I am basically paying all that money per month to watch that and endless HGTV home remodeling shows.

zroid

Banned
We are probably not going to be giving up cable any time soon, but I'm definitely paying a lot more than I want to be. With this new CRTC ruling that you can now opt to pay specifically for the channels you want instead of getting roped into shitty bundles, cable should (hopefully) be a much better deal.

Samyy

I had Hockeystreams for just the playoffs and it worked very well, there was only one game where it had some problems. Worked perfect the rest of the time.

HS has issues every once in a while, I wouldn't say 10% of the time. The main concern with it is it could potentially be shuttered at any given moment.

Neil_J_UK

I'm from the UK and going to try hockeystreams this season - hoping to find a VLC stream on Reddit or something last season was a hassle.

I need a bit of advice - I'm going to Florida next week and I want to pick up a Bruins Bergy/Chara premium jersey as shipping costs are really high to the UK. I've had a look around at different places I could get one from, and I've found this place:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16630406

They have a store near where I'm staying, and I can order it in for collection. Has anyone used Dicks Sporting Goods before? First time buying a jersey, so I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the different types. Only thing that looks suspicious in the one I linked is the lack of A badge for Bergy or C for Chara, I'd have to contact them about that.

Var

HS worked great on my Wii U last year. When it did have issues it was most just freezing a bit and refreshing the page or changing server locations usually fixed it.

Quick

Banned
I'm from the UK and going to try hockeystreams this season - hoping to find a VLC stream on Reddit or something last season was a hassle.

I need a bit of advice - I'm going to Florida next week and I want to pick up a Bruins Bergy/Chara premium jersey as shipping costs are really high to the UK. I've had a look around at different places I could get one from, and I've found this place:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16630406

They have a store near where I'm staying, and I can order it in for collection. Has anyone used Dicks Sporting Goods before? First time buying a jersey, so I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the different types. Only thing that looks suspicious in the one I linked is the lack of A badge for Bergy or C for Chara, I'd have to contact them about that.

Dick's is a big sporting goods store in the US, so it should be fine.

Jerseys from them might have screen printed numbers and letters. Not sure if you really care about that, though.

Have you had a look at Ice Jerseys? Not sure how much shipping will be for the UK, but they stitch on numbers and letters rather than glueing screen print. Stitching just makes the jersey look better.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Jerseys from them might have screen printed numbers and letters. Not sure if you really care about that, though.

Have you had a look at Ice Jerseys? Not sure how much shipping will be for the UK, but they stitch on numbers and letters rather than glueing screen print. Stitching just makes the jersey look better.

It will also ensure that it lasts practically forever.

If you're going to get a jersey for a player that could very well be traded, go for a screen printed one just so you can retire it without getting pissed. You can also get more of them for your money and have some good variety going, too. If you're going for a stitched jersey, make sure you get a franchise player (like Kesler for the Ducks, for example).

TUSR

Banned
The worst part about cable cutting is losing the casual nature of turning on the TV and throwing a game on as background noise. Even though I pay for HS, I'll more than likely put a game on while I'm in the kitchen or living room. Even though I have the means to get the game on my main TV through HS and my Apple TV, it just doesn't seem as relaxing/casual as just turning on cable.

Edit: also the world is so sensitive I've had my daily GAF exposure from 2 threads already.

Quick

Banned
I cut cable around playoff time, and I was limited to CBC and some other free streams.

CBC's stream cut out a lot for me. And the free streams were just terrible quality.

Neil_J_UK

Thanks.

Hmmm - Ice Jerseys have a sale on that ends today, $144.50 for Bergeron jersey, $200 with shipping to UK. $30 more than Dick's, but I'd rather get the lettering stitched... Ugh, what to do!

TUSR

Banned
Thanks.

Hmmm - Ice Jerseys have a sale on that ends today, $144.50 for Bergeron jersey, $200 with shipping to UK. $30 more than Dick's, but I'd rather get the lettering stitched... Ugh, what to do!

stitched letters/numbers or dont get a jersey

Chris R

Are they painting directly on concrete?

And if anyone ends up with a $25 off GCL coupon from NHL '15 that they aren't going to use hook me up!

Can you elaborate on this, please? Do you mean that the league doesn't want another small market team? Because, aside from that, I'm pretty sure the league wishes that it's bigger market teams had about even half as much support from fans and ticket sales as we give our team.

The league most definitely does not want to expand into smaller, fragile markets in Canada, and yes, the NHL wants better gate for its big market teams (as every pro league does).

So I tried the NHL demo on simulation All-star and the game seemed to flow a lot better, it might be starting to grow on me, still there are too many other games coming out though but I really just want to play a hockey game again.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thanks.

I didn't see this sale before, thanks for bringing it up. Just ordered a Subban jersey, if they give him the C, I'll just go have it put on downtown.

Edit: Damn, it's hard resisting picking up 3-4 jerseys when they're this cheap....must resist urges

Socreges

Banned
We are probably not going to be giving up cable any time soon, but I'm definitely paying a lot more than I want to be. With this new CRTC ruling that you can now opt to pay specifically for the channels you want instead of getting roped into shitty bundles, cable should (hopefully) be a much better deal.
Any idea when it takes effect? (ed: December '15, ouch)

We're simultaneously on the verge of both cancelling cable and moving to a place where we could potentially share services. So I've got some decisions to make.

If I could just choose the standard channels, Sportsnet, TSN, and Comedy Network.... I'd hold onto return to cable for sure.

Marvie_3

Banned
So I tried the NHL demo on simulation All-star and the game seemed to flow a lot better, it might be starting to grow on me, still there are too many other games coming out though but I really just want to play a hockey game again.
im just going to buy a used copy of nhl 14

Neil_J_UK

I didn't see this sale before, thanks for bringing it up. Just ordered a Subban jersey, if they give him the C, I'll just go have it put on downtown.

Edit: Damn, it's hard resisting picking up 3-4 jerseys when they're this cheap....must resist urges

No probs. I also used the SCHOOL15 code for $15 off, although there were other offers for $10 off and free shipping (which I'm not eligible for as I'm getting it shipped overseas.)

Decided to go for the small jersey... I'm a medium in everything I wear, and the size's didn't seem too different between small/medium - I didn't want it to be too baggy. Hope it will be OK.

Huh, those prices don't look like anything special

Red_Man

No probs. I also used the SCHOOL15 code for $15 off, although there were other offers for $10 off and free shipping (which I'm not eligible for as I'm getting it shipped overseas.)

Decided to go for the small jersey... I'm a medium in everything I wear, and the size's didn't seem too different between small/medium - I didn't want it to be too baggy. Hope it will be OK.
I've previously shopped from them and have always gotten smalls jerseys and they're a pretty good size. You shouldn't have any problem unless you have some odd proportions with your height / arm length.

Huh, those prices don't look like anything special
$144 from Icejerseys is about as good as you're going to get for the quality of jerseys they ship out. I haven't seen them cheaper than that.

I've previously shopped from them and have always gotten smalls jerseys and they're a pretty good size. You shouldn't have any problem unless you have some odd proportions with your height / arm length.

$144 from Icejerseys is about as good as you're going to get for the quality of jerseys they ship out. I haven't seen them cheaper than that.

I guess I haven't looked at jersey prices in a while lol.....

If Toronto gets another team I'll buy a new jersey, but other than that I think I have enough

Edit - NHL.com has an Islanders jersey for 30 bucks lol, are they changing their logo already?

Red_Man

I guess I haven't looked at jersey prices in a while lol.....

If Toronto gets another team I'll buy a new jersey, but other than that I think I have enough
I've been looking for a Subban jersey since his contract extension, and $144 is the cheapest I've come across. As far as I'm concerned, Icejerseys does the best work as well, their jersey stitching is fantastic. If I didn't have so many payments coming up, I'd have gotten a few more.

I've been looking for a Subban jersey since his contract extension, and $144 is the cheapest I've come across. As far as I'm concerned, Icejerseys does the best work as well, their jersey stitching is fantastic. If I didn't have so many payments coming up, I'd have gotten a few more.

Check ebay? Some smaller sports stores sell on there........just make sure it's not a fake

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I figure I'll wander into Cosby's in a few weeks for my next jersey. Probably going to go with a road white McDonagh jersey. With the captain's C.

Clydefrog

I'd go for the commemorative Brown knee pads, if I were you. Still have shards of patella stuck in the outer padding.

Did you see those waves yesterday?

lol

no, I didn't see them in person. I imagine the wedge was SUPER crowded. I could totally see them from my office window though. crazy

Calamari41

41 > 38
lol

no, I didn't see them in person. I imagine the wedge was SUPER crowded. I could totally see them from my office window though. crazy

At one point, like noon or 1, the water was crashing over the top of the HB pier. It was awesome. Some idiot was surfing through the pylons though... I felt bad for the lifeguard who had to go swim out after him.

This was in the evening after the waves got smaller:

10647117_10203462416375674_8872355537420002757_n.jpg

Red_Man

Sportsnet broadcasters:

Glenn Healy, Kelly Hrudey, Craig Simpson, Mike Johnson, Darren Pang, Cassie Campbell, Leah Hextall, PJ Stock, Garry Galley

The Rest

Really happy to see Johnson land there seeing as he's one of the better commentators imo. Unbelievable that Healy still has a job though.

Razorskin

----- ------
Sportsnet broadcasters:

Glenn Healy, Kelly Hrudey, Craig Simpson, Mike Johnson, Darren Pang, Cassie Campbell, Leah Hextall, PJ Stock, Garry Galley

The Rest

Really happy to see Johnson land there seeing as he's one of the better commentators imo. Unbelievable that Healy still has a job though.

He probably has an ironclad contract like me.

Top Bottom