• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So it looks like there won't be any Andi Petrillo on Sportsnet......

giphy.gif

:(

Got my invite. Stupid question time: Can I become a premium member at any time? First thing it asks is what type of membership you want and I don't want to pay this early.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
While it has some problems, you get a ton if streams for a low price with decent quality and no fucking local black out.

For fans of bigger teams like the Leafs though you can always find a high quality stream for free.

I did have numerous problems streaming on mobile and there was severe stuttering and issues when the number of people on was high. For example, the gold medal game was terrible.

Still, you get good value and they include games from other leagues and sometimes MMA fights from time to time. Not sure if they had wrasslin or not though.

I've frozen my account and I'm just waiting for the start of the preseason to get back into hackey.

Red_Man

You're upset about this because the number of female sports commentators is quite low yes?
Exactly. I wouldn't care if they brought on a house plant to replace Healy & Stock, nobody could be worse.

Got my invite. Stupid question time: Can I become a premium member at any time? First thing it asks is what type of membership you want and I don't want to pay this early.
I believe you can pay monthly, could be wrong though. You can also wait until the season starts to pay.

I believe you can pay monthly, could be wrong though. You can also wait until the season starts to pay.

They have a promotion going on that ends on the 13th, was planning on paying then. I'll just try a regular membership and see if I can upgrade later. The invite came quick, I could just request another if I can't.

Red_Man

They have a promotion going on that ends on the 13th, was planning on paying then. I'll just try a regular membership and see if I can upgrade later. The invite came quick, I could just request another if I can't.
It might be possible to buy a membership and then freeze it until the season starts. I have a membership from last season, and they gave me the option to freeze it until training camp.

Ugh the Panther's jersey is hideous.
They really are disgusting.

Sportsnet broadcasters:

Glenn Healy, Kelly Hrudey, Craig Simpson, Mike Johnson, Darren Pang, Cassie Campbell, Leah Hextall, PJ Stock, Garry Galley

The Rest

Really happy to see Johnson land there seeing as he's one of the better commentators imo. Unbelievable that Healy still has a job though.

So the Canucks will have Shorthouse and Garrett. I wonder if they will also do the CBC/non-Sportsnet broadcasts.

Razorskin

----- ------
What's the promotion? I can't see any.

http://www6.hockeystreams.com/support/categories/1/announcements/8453/20142015+Season\

2014-2015 Season
Hey folks!

We're about 20 days away from the pre-season, and here's what you can expect for the upcoming year.

- 100% Home and Away feeds (up from about 40% last season)
- Home and Away archives
- True Live, zero-delay feeds, on both home and away
- NHL, AHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL, WORLD JUNIORS, and more
- Further enhanced delivery networks (up about 500% in resources from last season, where we had the best year ever in terms of quality and reviews)
- Chromecast supportnnPricing will remain the same as last year! (Yay to no price hikes!)

1 Day - $7.49
1 Week - $12.99
1 Month - $17.99
3 Months - $47.99
6 Months - $69.99
1 Year - $109.99

There is an early bird special running NOW until September 13th, 1 year for $99.99

Click here to subscribe!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - let us know!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hockeystreams is awesome.

Keep in mind you can also "freeze" your account during the offseason and use the time later.

During the regular season the broadcasts were fine, first round playoffs it had a bit of server problems because so many people watched the same game, but they fixed it shortly after.

Dat 60fps no-delay HD stream though. So good. And no stupid blackouts.

Razorskin

----- ------
I am so happy. I think a Vegas team will do great. Lots of people in the Vegas/Henderson/Reno area, plus sports are so big out here due to gambling, and millions of tourists coming into town looking for stuff to do at night. I will be at the first game the Flyers play here for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you at the city council meetings in a few years.

Red_Man

Imagine being a top 5 pick being drafted a Vegas team? Growing up in that atmosphere at that age, people complain about the Montreal nightlife....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I am so happy. I think a Vegas team will do great. Lots of people in the Vegas/Henderson/Reno area, plus sports are so big out here due to gambling, and millions of tourists coming into town looking for stuff to do at night. I will be at the first game the Flyers play here for sure.

Reno? Reno is like 450 miles away from Vegas.

Reno? Reno is like 450 miles away from Vegas.

Yes but I think people would come down from there to Vegas for games on the weekend or what not, or just visit Vegas instead of Reno if Vegas had a team. I just think being the first professional team in this area is going to be really big.

Top Bottom