• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yes but I think people would come down from there to Vegas for games on the weekend or what not, or just visit Vegas instead of Reno if Vegas had a team. I just think being the first professional team in this area is going to be really big.

For reference, that is 100 miles farther than if someone drove from LA to San Jose for a game.

ShaneB

So it looks like there won't be any Andi Petrillo on Sportsnet......

giphy.gif

:(

Day Season Ruined.

Also yeah, Hockeystreams is good times. Wish they could put together a Football package. Ah well.

Bought a PS4 last night after trading in all my consoles and accessories and a few games, used a gift card, and ended up paying just 140. Not bad for what will essentially be Maddenstation as I've been calling it.

TUSR

Banned
Take every advantage you can get.

Though I have no idea if this can disturb the shooter.

11.1 Goalkeeper’s Equipment - With the exception of skates and stick, all the equipment worn by the goalkeeper must be constructed solely for the purpose of protecting the head or body, and he must not wear any garment or use any contrivance which would give him undue assistance in keeping goal.
The League’s Hockey Operations Department is specifically authorized to make a check of each teams’ equipment (including goalkeepers' sticks) to ensure the compliance with the rule. It shall report its findings to the Commissioner for his disciplinary action.

It can. The patterns purpose is to distract the shooter not protect the goalie.

No fun allowed boys.

Man, what the fuck. An old medical debt I had (fairly minor, just forgot about it) was sent to a collector a few weeks ago. Their website is fucked up and I can't make a payment on it, the phone line is fucked up as well. When I select the option to talk to a rep the call ends immediately, and when I try to put in account info over the phone it does nothing.

And these fuckers are probably going to try to sue if I can't figure out their bullshit soon.

:|

iLLmAtlc

Man, what the fuck. An old medical debt I had (fairly minor, just forgot about it) was sent to a collector a few weeks ago. Their website is fucked up and I can't make a payment on it, the phone line is fucked up as well. When I select the option to talk to a rep the call ends immediately, and when I try to put in account info over the phone it does nothing.

And these fuckers are probably going to try to sue if I can't figure out their bullshit soon.

:|

Do you dispute the amount or anything?

A lot of places have legislation regulating how debts can be collected. Even if you don't dispute the amount you might be able to ask them to only contact you by mail or something.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/h_ca02149.html

Don't think you're from canada tho

Chromecast and Hockeystreams will be my 'go to' for this year.

Just picked up a Good Guy jersey, thanks for posting that $15-off code, Neil_J_UK

Nice.

Next jersey I get is going to be the new Away (shipping + AUD makes jerseys a very rare purchase). Gotta find out who is stellar this season and play it by ear.

I feel fucking dumb because I just bought a WDTV, like, last week.

Doesn't even play Attack on Titan episodes anyway so what's the fucking point. That's right TUSR, I'm watching an animes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just bought a new flat screen and this will be perfect for it. Hockeystreams for life.

Samyy

Anyone ever submit a job application, after checking it a million times, and still be paranoid about making some kind of stupid mistake?
Fucking been bothering me since I hit submit....

Red_Man

On the flip side, getting hockey streams and not having cable just made me want to sell my TV and use my PC monitor.
I've mentioned it before, but I haven't had cable for years now. It's the way to go unless you're into 3+ major sports. It's a giant scam, at least in Canada.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've mentioned it before, but I haven't had cable for years now. It's the way to go unless you're into 3+ major sports. It's a giant scam, at least in Canada.

Yeah we just finally cancelled our cable this summer too. Huge waste of money. Chromecast is 40 dollars?!?! that's nothing, whoa.

Cable TV is an enormous waste of money. We haven't had it in 3 years and I don't miss it at all. I just wish it were 5-6 years in the future where everything you could want would be available a la carte. Some stuff is but most of the stuff I care about isn't.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cable TV is an enormous waste of money. We haven't had it in 3 years and I don't miss it at all. I just wish it were 5-6 years in the future where everything you could want would be available a la carte. Some stuff is but most of the stuff I care about isn't.
All they're going to do is jack up the price of a la carte channels to make up for the lost revenue.

Red_Man

Yeah we just finally cancelled our cable this summer too. Huge waste of money. Chromecast is 40 dollars?!?! that's nothing, whoa.
Yep, with this Chromecast + mkv support on the xbox one coming, I'm set. Bell & Rogers can go fuck each other.

All they're going to do is jack up the price of a la carte channels to make up for the lost revenue.

I kinda doubt that if you're getting content directly from content creators. I'd wager all that's really stopping HBO from opening the flood gates to something like HBO Go are contracts with Comcast and the like.

Somewhere along the lines, it became ingrained in North American mentality that cable was essential. And I'm convinced it was to do with a mass monopoly from some huge telco from the late 70s combined with FTA TV being essentially nothing but bollocks.

Now we're heading into THE NEW AGE where Netflix and other streaming subscription services are all we'll ever need.

Time Warner and all of the telcos are fucking frightened. And that's why they're throttling Netflix at the ground level through traffic blocking.

In Australia, cable was never an "essential". It was only ever a staple of the privileged few. Our national networks gouged us with ads but they also delivered content. Movies, sports, it was all there. All we had to do was be patient and then sit through just as many ads. Then Rupert Murdoch dug his bloody claws in deeper and grew Foxtel to the point where local sports only existed on Foxtel and all HBO and AAA-calibre movies and shows were Foxtel exclusives.

The advent of piracy, grew with it.

Wanna know what you need to do to watch Game of Thrones legally? Get a premium cable subscription. You can't watch it on iTunes anymore. It's literally the only way until bluray releases. It's the most pirated show in Australia for a reason. It's also why I buy the bluray releases of shows I like and then never open the package.

If you want to watch NHL hockey, you have to get a premium sports package and only then do you get NBC games of the week.

Fuck Rupert Murdoch.

Marvie_3

Banned
I kinda doubt that if you're getting content directly from content creators. I'd wager all that's really stopping HBO from opening the flood gates to something like HBO Go are contracts with Comcast and the like.
I was just referring to a la carte channels through cable companies, not the channels themselves. ;)

iLLmAtlc

Anyone ever submit a job application, after checking it a million times, and still be paranoid about making some kind of stupid mistake?

Don't worry too much. I've been talking to a lot of job recruiters lately and they tell me an error or 2 is quite common and isn't going to sink anybody. It's unlikely you even have any errors given how much you've checked.

Though getting someone else to look over it is probably much more efficient. Sometimes it's just hard to find our own typos.

Samyy

Now we're heading into THE NEW AGE where Netflix and other streaming subscription services are all we'll ever need.

Not if they successfully kill Net Neutrality.

Don't worry too much. I've been talking to a lot of job recruiters lately and they tell me an error or 2 is quite common and isn't going to sink anybody. It's unlikely you even have any errors given how much you've checked.

Though getting someone else to look over it is probably much more efficient. Sometimes it's just hard to find our own typos.

Yea I didn't really have time to give it to someone else, pretty unique situation. Essentially, with this company, I interviewed (did a writing assessment, group case assessment and partner interview) to attend their national summer leadership conference, which I got. For students that attended the conference they sent us an email yesterday asking us to submit our applications today for full-time, a week before the general deadline, so I got caught off guard. There was only like 50-60 of us I think from across Canada, so not sure what any of this means - kinda sucks, wish I had more time.

So people who cancelled cable, how do you keep up with tv shows you like? For example Walking Dead on AMC, Sons of Anarchy on FX or South Park on Comedy Central? Do you just wait until it shows up on netflix or buy the seasons, or what? Are you guys unable to watch the shows the day/week they come out and thus have to wait until the season is complete?

I have netflix and amazon accounts but haven't really messed with any other service. Are they available there?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well look at this beautiful coincidence, HDMI splitter is off 85% on amazon. Chromecast&This ordered.

So people who cancelled cable, how do you keep up with tv shows you like? For example Walking Dead on AMC, Sons of Anarchy on FX or South Park on Comedy Central? Do you just wait until it shows up on netflix or buy the seasons, or what? Are you guys unable to watch the shows the day/week they come out and thus have to wait until the season is complete?

I have netflix and amazon accounts but haven't really messed with any other service. Are they available there?

Netflix and project free tv.

Red_Man

The advent of piracy, grew with it.

Wanna know what you need to do to watch Game of Thrones legally? Get a premium cable subscription. You can't watch it on iTunes anymore. It's literally the only way until bluray releases. It's the most pirated show in Australia for a reason. It's also why I buy the bluray releases of shows I like and then never open the package.

If you want to watch NHL hockey, you have to get a premium sports package and only then do you get NBC games of the week.

Fuck Rupert Murdoch.
Preach. Until the system changes, I'm not shelling out my cash for shit services.

I love you.

I don't watch a lot of TV shows in general so it's not a huge issue for me, but when there is something I have to watch (True Detective or something like Justified) I will buy the episodes on Amazon or whatever service has them cheapest. Justified was up on the same night as they aired usually, sometimes the day after. Dropping $25-35 on a season over the course of months as opposed to a $90-150 monthly cable bill is much more.. Justified. To me.

There are also services like Hulu that, while the ads suck balls and everything, offer access to a lot of shows for cheap and sometimes for free.

Yeah, you're fine. Just read it out loud and trust yourself. That can be easier said than done though

Netflix and project free tv.

This. Also Amazon/iTunes. Haven t had cable for nearly two years, I'm not nearly home enough to watch it and once I did I really don't use 90% of the channels. Makes more sense for me to get content I want to watch a la carte rather than be stuck in the contract for cable.

Top Bottom