• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Tindall-email-3-corrected_zpspkecyeio.jpg~original

BOOM

proof that tindall was working on the yotes/RSE/IA lease on city side which was disputed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because their offense sucks and they desperately need forwards? idk, it's just what I read.
So they move him and get one established forward and some picks / prospects, and then have one guy who score and no one in net. Sounds like a solid plan.

Pikma

Banned
So they move him and get one established forward and some picks / prospects, and then have one guy who score and no one in net. Sounds like a solid plan.
I don't plan to fix everyone's problems, I just want to get rid of Lehtonen. Is that too much to ask? :(
Teams have made dumber decisions in the past

DopeyFish

This guy worked for the city on the deal, but then was hired by the coyotes after.
I think.

While still being paid by the city.

A clear ethics violation.

But also... he was clearly a party helping in the creation of the lease with RSE which allows Glendale to use AS38-511 to terminate the contract

DopeyFish

To further explain

38-511. Cancellation of political subdivision and state contracts; definition

A. The state, its political subdivisions or any department or agency of either may, within three years after its execution, cancel any contract, without penalty or further obligation, made by the state, its political subdivisions, or any of the departments or agencies of either if any person significantly involved in initiating, negotiating, securing, drafting or creating the contract on behalf of the state, its political subdivisions or any of the departments or agencies of either is, at any time while the contract or any extension of the contract is in effect, an employee or agent of any other party to the contract in any capacity or a consultant to any other party of the contract with respect to the subject matter of the contract.

Tindall was part of drafting and creating process, as e-mail shows.

Tindall leaves COG and is hired by coyotes. AS38-511 states that if someone that was working on the contract from the city side is hired by the party the contract is negotiated with during the term of the execution of the contract (to a maximum of 3 years), the city has the right to cancel the contract.

The only issue would be clarification of the term "significantly" but considering he was advising on changes of verbiage... i don't think the NHL would win if it goes to court.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
While still being paid by the city.

A clear ethics violation.

But also... he was clearly a party helping in the creation of the lease with RSE which allows Glendale to use AS38-511 to terminate the contract

To further explain

A. The state, its political subdivisions or any department or agency of either may, within three years after its execution, cancel any contract, without penalty or further obligation, made by the state, its political subdivisions, or any of the departments or agencies of either if any person significantly involved in initiating, negotiating, securing, drafting or creating the contract on behalf of the state, its political subdivisions or any of the departments or agencies of either is, at any time while the contract or any extension of the contract is in effect, an employee or agent of any other party to the contract in any capacity or a consultant to any other party of the contract with respect to the subject matter of the contract.

Tindall leaves COG and is hired by coyotes. AS38-511 states that if someone that was working on the contract from the city side is hired by the party the contract is negotiated with during the term of the execution of the contract (to a maximum of 3 years), the city has the right to cancel the contract.

The only issue would be clarification of the term "significantly" but considering he was advising on changes of verbiage... i don't think the NHL would win if it goes to court.

and what does THAT mean?

What are the odds this goes to warzi-court?

DopeyFish

and what does THAT mean?

What are the odds this goes to warzi-court?

It means COG lucked the fuck out

And the court shit would happen if NHL/IA are able to get an injunction or not.

If they can, this will take a while, and the franchise will likely move to Las Vegas after glendale wins. (because it seems like a decent case)

If they can't the franchise will likely move to Quebec and Barroway will likely buy the Penguins.

DopeyFish

I wonder if all this is so that Glendale can sue for a chunk of the relocation fee.

I forgot the best part:

E. In addition to the right to cancel a contract as provided in subsection A of this section, the state, its political subdivisions or any department or agency of either may recoup any fee or commission paid or due to any person significantly involved in initiating, negotiating, securing, drafting or creating the contract on behalf of the state, its political subdivisions or any department or agency of either from any other party to the contract arising as the result of the contract.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
To further explain

So in other words, the Coyotes are all but effectively dead if this gets into the courtroom with all the evidence present at hand.

so... my Ipod Touch won't turn on and i'm freaking out. I'm not sure what happened, i was playing on my 3DS and i was going to check my email next thing i know it wont turn on.

:( i really don't wanna buy a new one. God i hope there's a fix.

DopeyFish

so... my Ipod Touch won't turn on and i'm freaking out. I'm not sure what happened, i was playing on my 3DS and i was going to check my email next thing i know it wont turn on.

:( i really don't wanna buy a new one. God i hope there's a fix.

hold home and power, see if that restarts it

calder

Did Devan Dubnyk price himself out of the Minnesota Wild's plans with his strong play this past season?

The two sides are believed to have been attempting to work out a new deal for the past two weeks, but an agreement is proving difficult, Bob McKenzie of TSN reported Tuesday on "Insider Trading."

Well, Devan Dubnyk negotiations have been going on a week or two now. There’s no deal in place at this point. That’s not to suggest that they can’t get a deal done, but it’s going to be difficult.

The Minnesota Wild are a cap-strapped team right now and they want to buy out Niklas Backstrom, their veteran goaltender, but he’s got elbow surgery coming up. You can’t buy out an injured player, so there’s lots of concern on that front.

It may be a case too where Dubnyk is going to be looking for a lot more money than the Wild had planned on paying him. He’s unrestricted in the summer.
Backstrom has one year left on his deal with a cap hit of just over $3.41 million, while Darcy Kuemper also signed for 2015-16 at $1.25 million.

McKenzie further suggests a team like the San Jose Sharks could be willing to pay the free agent rather than trying to acquire a goalie via trade.

It's an interesting spot for Dubnyk to find himself in, considering he was all but out of the NHL at this time last year. However, his career experienced a great resurgence in Minnesota as the 29-year-old posted a record of 27-9-2 with a .936 save percentage guiding the Wild to the playoffs, and earning a Vezina Trophy finalist nod.

Unconfirmed reports: Peter Chiarelli furiously masturbating in his office at the thought of swooping in. DO IT OILERS. MAKE THE WILD SUCK AGAIN AND I WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR BULLSHIT LOTTERY LUCK.

Samyy

Unconfirmed reports: Peter Chiarelli furiously masturbating in his office at the thought of swooping in. DO IT OILERS. MAKE THE WILD SUCK AGAIN AND I WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR BULLSHIT LOTTERY LUCK.

There is no way Dubnyk signs with the Oilers and goes back to that

calder

There is no way Dubnyk signs with the Oilers and goes back to that

True, true, but no team needs a goalie more, has as much cap room, and has a team that seems poised to improve as rapidly. All Chiarelli and McLellan have to do is fly Dubbie in, bring him into a meeting room with the Oilers front office and say "See? Notice how all the dumbass fuckers are gone now?"

This plan assumes they put a fake offsite meeting in Lowe's outlook calendar so he's not there.

Red_Man

How does Dubynk start making crazy demands? He's been shit his entire career except for one partial season with the Wild. Suddenly he wants top dollar? Get real and just be happy you don't play for Edmonton anymore.

Samyy

How does Dubynk start making crazy demands? He's been shit his entire career except for one partial season with the Wild. Suddenly he wants top dollar? Get real and just be happy you don't play for Edmonton anymore.

And perhaps he'll never have a season like that ever again which is why you cash in now

Samyy

Or you get laughed out of the room. Any GM giving him serious term X cash won't be a GM for very long.

Well there is nothing wrong with negotiations, not like Wild have a ton of other options available.

He'll put out some feelers and see what happens, nothing wrong with that.

Red_Man

Well there is nothing wrong with negotiations, not like Wild have a ton of other options available.

He'll put out some feelers and see what happens, nothing wrong with that.
Wild pretty much resurrected his career, seems kind of insulting to go out and try and bump it as much as you can on such a small sample.

calder

Dubnyk still has a few things going for him even ignoring his one really good season - he was highly touted as a prospect (that matters as it helps convince teams that recent success isn't necessarily a fluke). And he scouts well, in that he's lanky and has a prototypical NHL frame.

I think a few teams would be willing to give him a decent contract. Obviously we don't know if he's asking for something crazy, but I don't doubt he'll get a 4-5 year offer at about 20M, which I think would be good for a young starter on his first post-ELC contract.

Samyy

Wild pretty much resurrected his career, seems kind of insulting to go out and try and bump it as much as you can on such a small sample.

Obviously, from a perspective of a fan that is the initial feeling, but he's gotta do what is in his best interest.

The more you hear about players situations after the game, the more I've become okay with players doing whatever they can. Remember, the owners are all rich billionaires, why should players be cutting the teams a break?

Cake Boss

Banned
Plus I remember he had a good record with the Coyotes before he was traded.

Dubnyk saved their season as much as they saved his career.

Curufinwe

How does Dubynk start making crazy demands? He's been shit his entire career except for one partial season with the Wild.

He has a career SV% of .914 despite the disastrous 13-14 season where the Eakins clown show arrived and the Oilers went from bad to laughable. .914 is not shit for a starter.

Top Bottom