• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

iLLmAtlc

News from insider trading, but in their weasely way

- pit interested in saad
- B. Sutter "could" be on the block
- Nucks will choose lack or markstrom this week

Pikma

Banned
You can be the waterboy when I replace quenneville. You can sit on the bench with some crayons and draw pictures and graphs.
photo2.jpg

They're gonna hire zroid to consult on the next Mario and Sonic At The Olympics. You have no fucking idea how much Wario loves corsi.

Gonna be a challenge calculating warsi, but zroid can do it.
Holy shit :lol :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the Coyotes move to Quebec, that'll really put the NHL in a bind on their.conference alignment.

Vegas expansion team is all but guaranteed and will even it out again.

Pikma

Banned
So it seems the Devils would be willing to move Schneider, I say we give them Shihtonen and one or two of those forwards we don't need.

giphy.gif

lupinko

I have a favour to ask from French Canadian GAF. I'm writing a Japanese translation for Roch Carrier's The Sweater, and there is a bit of radio play by play in French regardless if you're watching the English version.

I can sorta understand and figure it out since it's hockey and what French I remember left from Grade 8. But that's not enough for me to really translate it properly for Japanese school kids. My fellow Canadian teachers here are only providing me with moral support when I suggested it could be a fun and interesting lesson we can work on together.

So yeah just the brief part in the beginning with the Richard play I believe.

Curufinwe

Lebrun saying that Peter Churchill might offer sheet Dougie Hamilton.

Now that would be a troll job. Please do it Peter.

I hope they do because there should be more offer sheets. Otherwise it's just seems like the teams are colluding to keep player salaries down.

I hope they do because there should be more offer sheets. Otherwise it's just seems like the teams are colluding to keep player salaries down.

GMs are an old boys club and don't want to piss each other off. They can usually be offer sheeted right back.

And yeah they are colliding to keep salaries down as well. Helps all teams.

Besides the draft pick compensation is very steep for any good player.

Curufinwe

For a good but not great player you could offer a little over $3.3m and only have to cough up a 2nd rounder. That seems like something that should happen more often. And I think players like Stepan and Hamilton would be worth giving up a first, a second and a third for.

BreLt9GCEAAdWc4.png

Silexx

I have a favour to ask from French Canadian GAF. I'm writing a Japanese translation for Roch Carrier's The Sweater, and there is a bit of radio play by play in French regardless if you're watching the English version.

I can sorta understand and figure it out since it's hockey and what French I remember left from Grade 8. But that's not enough for me to really translate it properly for Japanese school kids. My fellow Canadian teachers here are only providing me with moral support when I suggested it could be a fun and interesting lesson we can work on together.

So yeah just the brief part in the beginning with the Richard play I believe.

Here's what I was able to cook up:
The starting lineup for the Candiens – Blake , Mosdell and Richard

And here’s the face-off, the puck is passed from Mosdell to Toe Blake.

Blake gets to centre ice and approaches the dot by Emile Bouchard who take the puck and is checked on the boards. The ref whistles the puck out of play.

The score in this 3rd period still remains Canadiens: 2 and Toronto: 2.

The puck is dropped, Emile Bouchard receives the puck at the blue line. He shoots towards the net of Broda and the puck is taken by Stewart, who in turn, shoots the puck back to the blue line and it’s Blake who receives the puck.

Pass to Mosdell. Mosdell to Richard. Richard shoots … and scores! Maurice Richard! And it is now 3-2 for the Canadiens with 14 seconds left in the 3rd period. Maurice Richard with assists from Blake and Mosdell.

Many players for the Tricolore are on ice to congratulate Richard…

For a good but not great player you could offer a little over $3.3m and only have to cough up a 2nd rounder.

Unless the team is at the cap limit, that would be matched. Even if they were you can go over the cap in the off-season and figure out how to get under before training camp.

I can't see a reason why a team wouldn't match unless they don't want the player anyway, in which case he probably isn't worth offer sheeting anyway.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Zroid is our MVP, at least it's not Yoda with the top post count.

So it seems the Devils would be willing to move Schneider, I say we give them Shihtonen and one or two of those forwards we don't need.

giphy.gif
Why would they move him?

Lebrun saying that Peter Churchill might offer sheet Dougie Hamilton.

Now that would be a troll job. Please do it Peter.
This needs to happen.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

1) Statement from @NHL on Glendale situation: “We have been advised by the Coyotes that the City of Glendale’s contentions are without merit

2) and we fully expect the Coyotes to continue to play at the Gila River Arena and for the City to continue to honor its obligations...

3) After everything that has transpired, it is extremely disappointing that City of Glendale would do anything that might damage the Club."

Bettman's hard-on for this team is borderline creepy. How many more millions will the city need to bleed before common sense moves in?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bettman's hard-on for this team is borderline creepy. How many more millions will the city need to bleed before common sense moves in?

3) After everything that has transpired, it is extremely disappointing that City of Glendale would do anything that might damage the Club."

Translation: "After how much we bribed councilmen and councilwomen with to change their votes, we're stunned they're turning on us."

Those two took any and every opportunity to go into incredibly specific detail as to the sex they were having, no matter what the thread was about. Attention whores of the highest order, glad to see them broken up.
We had to talk about like, 4 very important things:

1) Our finances and how to split those up.

2) Our son and how to make sure his life is still good.

3) The Netflix account.

4) Who gets to make the GAF thread.
I have no idea why you'd say that.

Translation: "After how much we bribed councilmen and councilwomen with to change their votes, we're stunned they're turning on us."

Yeah NHL is only using Glendale to prop up the team until they can move them somewhere else.

I'd love to see certain people take the stand under oath and forced talk about this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Where's this from? It'd be nice to see it graphed by year to show the trend. The last 5 years or so seem to sit in the bottom half, but it's hard to tell how significant that is without seeing it plotted.

looks like hockey reference

calder

Look at it more like Bettman has a stiffy for some failed market propping up the franchise value of a team while it's new home gets built. From the league's point of view, it's brilliant really.

It's like being in a failed marriage but, while your girlfriend is building a sweet new house and she wants you to move in when it's done your estranged wife is still obligated to let you say in your current home while she pays the mortgage.

henceforth all offseason thread metaphors will be failed-relationship themed

Top Bottom