• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Marvie_3

Banned
This tiny white guy for Cleveland is basically the NBA version of Johnson
Bullshit. The NBA banned white guys after Larry Bird retired.

So, uh, what the hell is going on in Arizona? Apparently the City of Glendale is trying to void their agreement with the Coyotes? Possibly even tomorrow?
This has been talked about for awhile. Doubt anything happens though. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Yotes were finished though. Enough of this nonsense.

Eetu Selanne just got drafted to the NAHL.

What's the NAHL?

Second highest junior league in the US

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thing is... glendale has a case because of the audit.

They were using the funds for managing the arena for other purposes (paying off fortress)... which is against the contract

If glendale drops that nuke on the coyotes, and the coyotes attempt to sue... it's going to take a while and the outlook isn't looking good for them.

My bet is they'd cut their losses and run. Probably move to Quebec (since they could probably offer more money up front)

They just blame it all on the city on their way out of the door.

CHF9R1qWQAEt7Fe.jpg

Went to the Jays game and Wayne Gretzky was there!

And Dan Marino

Only the Great One can pull off those pants

Marvie_3

Banned
Thing is... glendale has a case because of the audit.

They were using the funds for managing the arena for other purposes (paying off fortress)... which is against the contract

If glendale drops that nuke on the coyotes, and the coyotes attempt to sue... it's going to take a while and the outlook isn't looking good for them.

My bet is they'd cut their losses and run. Probably move to Quebec (since they could probably offer more money up front)

They just blame it all on the city on their way out of the door.
They probably couldn't even afford a lawyer like Lionel Hutz, let alone decent representation.

Syrinx

The idea is... carolina wants to bury those contracts badly. They can't exactly afford them. Skinner is one concussion away from retirement and Semin was a healthy scratch near the end of the year and they make like $13 million between them

Thing for the Leafs... if we take both of those poisonous contracts and Horton comes back... loooool

We'll be beyond cap hell
What I don't really get is that if we're trying to get out of these expensive contracts, why would we take back Phaneuf or Kessel and their massive contracts? I could sort of understand taking Kadri, but taking back one of those two kind of defeats the purpose.

And the.Hurricanes desperately need offensive playmakers, so I highly doubt they'd take Phaneuf over Kessel or Kadri if this rumor is somehow real.

DopeyFish

So it seems the reason glendale is pursuing this might have to do with a staffer called candace macleod, the glendale city auditor.

In April, an assistant auditor quit her job saying that candace adjusted her figures and made it seem different than her original findings. She then said there is likely a conflict of interest.

What glendale is pushing for is to terminate because:
The posted agenda item cites a state statute that allows government entities to end a contract after three years if a person involved in negotiating the contract for the city is, in effect, an employee or agent of the other party to the contract.

If this ends up being true... then holy shit. It essentially means the coyotes are secretly paying off members of glendale staff.

Samyy

So it seems the reason glendale is pursuing this might have to do with a staffer called candace macleod, the glendale city auditor.

In April, an assistant auditor quit her job saying that candace adjusted her figures and made it seem different than her original findings. She then said there is likely a conflict of interest.

If this ends up being true... then holy shit. It essentially means the coyotes are secretly paying off members of glendale staff.

Also the Glendale City lawyer that helped them negotiate the contract was hired by the Coyotes sometime after the deal

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wonder how that Aoustin Matthews kid must feel upon the 2016 Entry Draft.

"Congrats on being picked No. 1! We'll meet you in Quebec City!"
That's just mean.

I'm not entirely sold on a Vegas team happening either. They're in a better position than Seattle, unfortunately, but something about it just seems off. Maybe it's the CFL experience that's soured me on that city and professional sports :D

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

you're saying there might be corruption in our (sports, etc) system?

COLOUR ME SHOCKED

SHOCKED, I SAY

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Bullshit. The NBA banned white guys after Larry Bird retired.
Take your racism and place it somewhere where we don't have to see or smell it!

Holy shit at this Glendale situation blowing up. If this finally gets the Coyotes out of Arizona, I'm all for it.

LI-TI-GATION *clap clap clapclapclap*
LI-TI-GATION *clap clap clapclapclap*

Marvie_3

Banned

I thought this was common knowledge?

That's just mean.

I'm not entirely sold on a Vegas team happening either. They're in a better position than Seattle, unfortunately, but something about it just seems off. Maybe it's the CFL experience that's soured me on that city and professional sports :D
Oh it's happening. It's also going to be a massive fucking disaster when it does.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh it's happening. It's just going to be a massive fucking disaster when it does.
You're referring to when the TMZ videos pop up of the teams 3rd overall pick doing coke out of a strippers ass during training camp?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're referring to when the TMZ videos pop up of the teams 3rd overall pick doing coke out of a strippers ass during training camp?

The "chlamydia is going around" rumours are gonna catch some legitimacy

Marvie_3

Banned
No, there's already videos of Jarret Stoll doing coke off Jeff Carter's ass on TMZ. That kind of stuff is old news.

I'm talking about when the team is bleeding cash like the Coyotes are now.

If the Coyotes move to Quebec, that'll really put the NHL in a bind on their.conference alignment.

Welcome back to the terrordome, Detroit!

Syrinx

Is the LV arena supposed to be on the Strip? It would have to be, right? Otherwise it might be even worse than being in Glendale.

DopeyFish

Is the LV arena supposed to be on the Strip? It would have to be, right? Otherwise it might be even worse than being in Glendale.

yeah it's on the strip

apparently it won't be complete until early next year though

soooo.... nordiques return?

DopeyFish

Holy shit. Zroid has 800+ posts in this thread already. Only one other person has more than 280.

can you make a spider graph of these figures so I could pretend to understand it.

wow, I hope this happens. I'll never forget watching that city meeting where they clearly paid off the dude voting last. That was crazy

it's a shame the old guy that always fought with the council died this last weekend

Top Bottom