• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe we'll finally get to see these...things in action!

g0HCdEE.jpg

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
With Glendale voting to terminate the lease, the Coyotes are on verge of death.

When's the earliest we can expect a judge to see this case?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I missed a Glendale meeting?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
TSN said:
A former NHL team owner would only speak on the condition of anonymity because he is in talks to buy a minority interest in another NHL club said that the NHL might direct the Coyotes owners to put the team up for sale, allowing new owners to start fresh negotiations with the city of Scottsdale, another suburb of Phoenix that is more affluent than Glendale.

Hahahahaha...yeah, Glendale is the reason this didn't work. Right. I'm sure Scottsdale will magically fill the arena every night.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Coyotes should move to Glendale, CA and siphon away all of the Kings' Armenian fanbase, leaving Clydefrog alone in the Staples Center for the rest of his days.

Coyotes should move to Glendale, CA and siphon away all of the Kings' Armenian fanbase, leaving Clydefrog alone in the Staples Center for the rest of his days.

All I'm picturing is a sad frog in a kings jersey sitting alone cheering on The Kings :(

Clydefrog is a good in my books though Even though he supports a shitty team

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I had a good laugh when i stumbled to the coyotes HF page and saw posters calling the people at the meeting saying the city should cancel the deal as crazies

Like... wut.

Can't wait til they put a team in Antarctica. It'd be more successful than Arizona.

More penguins would show up than actual fans in AZ.

Hahahahaha...yeah, Glendale is the reason this didn't work. Right. I'm sure Scottsdale will magically fill the arena every night.

"You give us money and we will bankrupt your city"

(No we're not like the last guys)

What is with the NHL's Arizona fetish?

One of the highest TV viewership areas.

Can't wait til they put a team in Antarctica. It'd be more successful than Arizona.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm crossing my fingers that the court denies an injunction

the one thing im finding funny is the temporary restraining order

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of failing franchises in dead markets, wasn't there supposed to be a vote in Broward County about the fate of the Panthers around this time, or did that vote not happen?

I know it was supposed to happen in May, but no word on that front at all.

Top Bottom