• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
image.php
They're our only hope, I really hope they bite

Calamari41

41 > 38
Only posted in the thread a couple times, but the Coyotes are my favorite team, used to be a partial season ticket holder when I lived there. Been back every year since for at least a couple of games.

Seeing a Coyotes game is great. The center the arena is built in has a great group of restaurants and hotels in easy walking distance. Not a bad seat in the house. (Obviously) plenty of good seats available. But yeah, tough to think they'll ever be able to sell that place out consistently.

It's like if the Stars played their games in Waco. Or if the Sharks played their games in Gilroy. Glendale is so far from the metropolitan Phoenix area that there's no way a person in Scottsdale is going to get their family together and drive the hour in traffic to get out to Glendale in time for the start.

Maybe even if they built a brand new, beautiful rink in Scottsdale it wouldn't work. But at least it would had a chance.

Breaks my heart though. I've had great times at Coyote games over the years, and we've had some great players come through. And it's always interesting wearing Coyote gear to away games. My gf was called a "dirty desert c@$t" at a playoff game in LA, and people in Anaheim just kind of pity us when we show up there wearing Coyote gear.

One Ducks fan ahead of us in line at a concession stand in Anaheim bought us beers at the final game of the 2013 season because he was sure the team was moving (if the Coyotes do move, we'll end up being Ducks fans, probably just because of this guy).

So the vote a couple years back, we thought, gave us at least a few more years to enjoy Doan's sunset. We knew the hockey would be terrible (because of course it would be, they're trying to land a sweet deal to move, and the worse the team is the easier it'll be to move) but to go out like this? This is rough.

I stop by and read what's going on in this thread all the time. And there's a lot of schadenfreude along with legitimate criticism of the team and the situation.

But just like with Atlanta, Winnipeg, Quebec... it always sucks for a big group of people when a team leaves. Good thing that in the desert the air is so dry the tears are whisked away quickly.

Glad to hear some validation for my anti-Kings fan rants via a story about a Ducks fan buying you beers and a Kings fan calling your girlfriend a cunt from out of nowhere.

But seriously though, I feel sorry for the Coyotes fans, which is why I've avoided reveling in the potential shuttering/movement of the team. It seems like there are a lot of dickheads involved on the Coyotes ownership side, the NHL's side, and also the city's side... but the fans aren't doing anything wrong and are the ones who will be losing the most in all of this.

You're welcome at the Pond any time, we'll be overnighting Kesler jerseys soon.

Pikma

Banned
Breaks my heart though. I've had great times at Coyote games over the years, and we've had some great players come through. And it's always interesting wearing Coyote gear to away games. My gf was called a "dirty desert c@$t" at a playoff game in LA, and people in Anaheim just kind of pity us when we show up there wearing Coyote gear.

One Ducks fan ahead of us in line at a concession stand in Anaheim bought us beers at the final game of the 2013 season because he was sure the team was moving (if the Coyotes do move, we'll end up being Ducks fans, probably just because of this guy).
Typical LA douchebaggery, typical classy Ducks

Big surprise Gaf is shitting on the MS and Occulus partnership.
If it was Sony everyone would be sucking dicks left and right. I know it's too much to expect the gaming side to be objective but goddamn

Glad to hear some validation for my anti-Kings fan rants via a story about a Ducks fan buying you beers and a Kings fan calling your girlfriend a cunt from out of nowhere.

You're welcome at the Pond any time, we'll be overnighting Kesler jerseys soon.

Seriously though. Like that guy was really nice. Then, since we thought it could be the last Coyote game ever, we bought tickets on the glass in the corner with Ducks superfans all around us and sure everyone was giving us razzing but it was all good spirited. It was a lot of fun actually.

Wild Wing even stopped to take a picture with us. Like, it was a great time.

As opposed to LA... where one dude in a flat brimmed hat said he was going to kick my ass in the bathroom and then the C word bomb. She was also called a bitch in the bathroom and we were actually in the Premium seats at Staples. It was no fun at all. And we had Kings gear and been to a ton of games. Not anymore though. Fuck the Kings and everyone associated with them.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Seriously though. Like that guy was really nice. Then, since we thought it could be the last Coyote game ever, we bought tickets on the glass in the corner with Ducks superfans all around us and sure everyone was giving us razzing but it was all good spirited. It was a lot of fun actually.

Wild Wing even stopped to take a picture with us. Like, it was a great time.

As opposed to LA... where one dude in a flat brimmed hat said he was going to kick my ass in the bathroom and then the C word bomb. She was also called a bitch in the bathroom and we were actually in the Premium seats at Staples. It was no fun at all. And we had Kings gear and been to a ton of games. Not anymore though. Fuck the Kings and everyone associated with them.

Any place where Kings fans are turns into just a seething cauldron of hatred and violence. They are Raiders fans, and I don't mean that figuratively. There's a reason that we had to literally bar people in Kings gear from going into certain restaurants during the playoffs last year... the Kings fans who go to the Pond, believe it or not, make the guys from your story look like Mickey Mouse.

Your experience at the Ducks games is what I've seen to be the case with regards to visiting fans no matter who is in town, even in the playoffs. Everyone is just there to have a good time, rather than to mark their territory like a fucking rabid dog.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I can have a virtual girlfriend sitting next to me while I play my xbone games in my virtual living room.

calder

Matthew Coller @MatthewWGR
Also I was very impressed by Dan Bylsma's knowledge of analytics. He mentioned some studies I've read and deployment theory

He said, "I'm very aware of the percentage of Dzone faceoffs I gave Crosby the one year after Staal left"

Impressive. Love seeing coaches getting into that more.

calder

I hope I can have a virtual girlfriend sitting next to me while I play my xbone games in my virtual living room.

Get out of here with that anti-MS bullshit you filthy Sony fanboy. Recognizing the sheer stupidity of the baffling XB1-Occulus demo isn't allowed in these here parts!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Get out of here with that anti-MS bullshit you filthy Sony fanboy. Recognizing the sheer stupidity of the baffling XB1-Occulus demo isn't allowed in these here parts!

You know what, I was wrong.

This is perfect for those people who bought an Xbone One, but have no television.

fallout

Reddit's r/all has been fucking terrible today. Holy shit.
I never browse /r/all and I'm unsubscribed from most of the default subreddits. I saw the announcement last night, but had no idea about the shitstorm until I saw the GAF thread.

Quick

Banned
I never browse /r/all and I'm unsubscribed from most of the default subreddits. I saw the announcement last night, but had no idea about the shitstorm until I saw the GAF thread.

I usually stick to the home page and a couple of subreddits. But I saw someone reference r/all in the Reddit thread, and it's just...WOW.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Big surprise Gaf is shitting on the MS and Occulus partnership.

I don't care what company is behind it--wearing a VR helmet to see a game on a virtual wall is ridiculously stupid. Just use the television. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reddit

Rofl

"Reddit bans r/whalewatching thinking its a clone of r/fatpeoplehate. It was actually a real attempt at a whale watching community and has existed for +2 years"

ROFL
okay that's actually pretty amazing, now I wish "whalewatching" was a fat people related subreddit :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Glendale Vice Mayor Ian Hugh told TSN the Coyotes were also tenants in the city-owned arena under terms of that agreement. Hugh said now that council has cancelled the arena management deal, the Coyotes are without a place to play their home games.

"A restraining order, what are they going to do, keep us out of our building?" Hugh explained. "We own the building.

Looool

Reddit is exactly like GAF. The smaller communities you have to dig for are the only reason to bother at all. Their up vote shit is and will always be a shit idea though.

Yup, I like linear conversations on forums way more than Reddit's up-voting posts. You can't have an actual conversation on Reddit, unless you want to be regulated to a string of a single comment.

Top Bottom