• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's basically... how do we announce a game today without showing anything

Oh lets just make it seem like there wasnt enough demand

Its sad when you have a kickstarter for a title like this on a E3 main stage

Sure it means it's coming but it feels so fucking tacky

I've never played a Shenmue game, but it's a pretty shitty way to tease fans imo. A kickstarter will have a much lower budget than a publisher funding it, but they can still act like they saved the day.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I've never played a Shenmue game, but it's a pretty shitty way to tease fans imo. A kickstarter will have a much lower budget than a publisher funding it, but they can still act like they saved the day.

it also sets a really really bad precedent

why the fuck did sony do that

like holy shit

RC

Banned
I'm just shocked TLG, FFVIIr, and Shenmue III were announced all at the same conference.

Half-Life 3 is the only megaton left.

zroid

Banned
i'm not watching so obviously i'm lacking context, but it's funny how the biggest announcements here are a game that was actually announced like 8 years ago, a remake of a PS1 game, and a Kickstarter

from Twitter reactions that Horizon game sounds neat though

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How much does Kickstarter take too?

I mean they'll smash the $2,000,000 goal, but look at gaming budgets these days.

i mean more in the sense of how long until kickstarters start being shoved down our throat

"you choose what you want!"

this is a main stage event... this kind of shit shouldn't be there... kickstarter is supposed to be for the little guys. for someone who can't get the capital on their own.

Pikma

Banned
i'm not watching so obviously i'm lacking context, but it's funny how the biggest announcements here are a game that was actually announced like 8 years ago, a remake of a PS1 game, and a Kickstarter

from Twitter reactions that Horizon game sounds neat though
Basically, this shit is only relevant because the situation of those properties were so damn precarious and depressing for such a long time that people turned them into running jokes, memes basically, so now thousands of people act like they're hyped about Shenmue 3 even though they've never played any of the two previous installments because nobody gave a shit back then, for example.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just watched TLG gameplay trailer

lol this looks worse than Fallout 4, fucking development hell hasn't done this game any good

no hype from me

No Man's Land & Horizon: Zero Dawn look REALLY interesting though...

don't care for Shenmue either, esp with the lolkickstarter

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards with the secondary assist on the Stanley Cup winning goal and the primary assist on the Stanley Cup dagger goal.

K3u2s9d.png

Silexx

I'll be honest, I was just hyped to see the FF7 Remake announcement. TLG and Shemune 3 were not really my thing. But I think people are being taken for a ride if they think announcing a Kickstarter is something to get hyped about.

RC

Banned
Shenmue never looked particularly interesting to me, but it's good that the series will finally have its conclusion.

I have faith in Team ICO and at least the animation looked great for TLG.

As for the FFVII Remake, well, I'm embarrassed to admit it but there might have been a tear or two in my eyes when it was finally revealed. Will probably be the last game I ever play.

Quick

Banned
I'll be honest, I was just hyped to see the FF7 Remake announcement. TLG and Shemune 3 were not really my thing. But I think people are being taken for a ride if they think announcing a Kickstarter is something to get hyped about.

LET'S COUNT DOWN.

...SHENMUE 3 LOGO.

Thanks everyone!

Last Guardian looked..... boring and rough. I have never played Shemnue so I have no interest in that, same for FFVII, so I don't have an erection for them like the rest of GAF apparently. No Man's Sky looks good but I still don't fully understand the game yet, so I'm iffy on it. The new Guerrilla game looks pretty sweet though, gave me Enslaved vibes, but with that said....

UNCHARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, meh day, nothing that really got me pumped up, New Gears was alright, same with Halo. Fallout will be fun, but I have a feeling I'm going to have trouble enjoying other games now after Witcher 3 which will be hard to beat as GOTY, and I'm just finishing up Act 1 since having it since Day 1.

Oh, screw Chicago. Guess we need to tank for some top draft picks for a few years and then we'll be golden too (Edmonton is the exception to this rule).

One last thing, I know it is Shemnue and people are somehow super pumped, but announcing a kickstarter at an official E3 conference? That's just a new low.

E3 is over forever. Literally impossible to top that. 3 white whales at once. What's left? Half-life 3? lol. That's like Barbies horse adventures in comparison.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Last Guardian looked pretty, maybe it was just the art style.

No Man's Sky interests me, but I'm still unsure on the gameplay.

Top Bottom