• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A lot of good stuff to look forward to on PS4, but I'll be god damned if The Last Guardian didn't look like an HD PS2 game.

The game mechanics were sooooooooo dated

I was so close to muting the stream because i was getting annoyed at the constant and repetitive calling of the guardian
It's like... couldn't they have put in more than 2 samples for that?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Where's my Phil Kessel Character action game by Platinum?

latest

zroid

Banned
Stamkos didn't score a single goal in that series. Even noted playoff choker Patrick Kane got one. Quite an embarrassing performance.

He should be ashamed and go sign in Toronto where he can be embarrassing like the rest of the embarrassingly bad players on that team.

Stamkos didn't score a single goal in that series. Even noted playoff choker Patrick Kane got one. Quite an embarrassing performance.

He should be ashamed and go sign in Toronto where he can be embarrassing like the rest of the embarrassingly bad players on that team.

GOOD OL' TARANTA BOYEEEEE

ZeroGravity

Honestly wouldn't care at this point. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at him in a positive light again after that performance.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shenmue is already more than 50% funded. I wonder how much it's going to blow by its target goal before it's all said and done.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly wouldn't care at this point. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at him in a positive light again after that performance.

If I can accept Rick Nash today, I'm sure you'll get over Stamkos shitting the bed. :D

You'll learn what kind of player and leader Stamkos really is next season, one way or another.

Yawnier

Banned
Shenmue is already more than 50% funded. I wonder how much it's going to blow by its target goal before it's all said and done.

It'll defo reach it's 2M goal in the next 3 to 4 hours max. Just a question on how far this will be funded after that for stretch goals and shit.

zroid

Banned
I'm not usually one to bitch about precedent and all that...but I really don't like this.

I don't really mind it in theory, but it's just the way that it was handled (ie Sony leveraging it at a press event) which is pretty cynical imo

that said, I guess Shenmue fans are happy and that's what matters.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not usually one to bitch about precedent and all that...but I really don't like this.

I don't really mind this. I mean, it's not like $2 million is even CLOSE to what the game's real budget is (Shennmue 1 was $47 million, after all, and that's in 1999 dollars), which means Sony (or someone else) is footing the actual bill for the game. But it is a big enough number to tell how many people will actually buy the game when it's done.

I see it more as a formality than anything else. Basically "pre-sell X number of copies of this potential game, and we'll pay for the whole thing."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gaming really has hit the shitter, Jesus.

It brings me great pleasure to know that Bishop being an idiot may have cost the Bolts a cup. Too bad well have to go through them to get to the finals for the next 8 years.

Pikma

Banned
I don't really mind this. I mean, it's not like $2 million is even CLOSE to what the game's real budget is (Shennmue 1 was $47 million, after all, and that's in 1999 dollars), which means Sony (or someone else) is footing the actual bill for the game. But it is a big enough number to tell how many people will actually buy the game when it's done.

I see it more as a formality than anything else. Basically "pre-sell X number of copies of this potential game, and we'll pay for the whole thing."
Do you seriously believe Yu Suzuki and especially Sony said: "oh ok let's ask for 2 millions that's all what we'll get, people will totally not give us more than that"

They know people will give them waaaaay more than 2 millions, I'd be surprised if it didn't reach 15-20 millions, easily.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you seriously believe Yu Suzuki and especially Sony said: "oh ok let's ask for 2 millions that's all what we'll get, people will totally not give us more than that"

They know people will give them waaaaay more than 2 millions, I'd be surprised if it didn't reach 15-20 millions, easily.

Well, of course they will. There was nothing about that presentation that made it seem like they had any doubt that it would be funded. :D

But business is still business, and it's not like Shenmue was wildly financially successful in the past.

Gaming really has hit the shitter, Jesus.

It brings me great pleasure to know that Bishop being an idiot may have cost the Bolts a cup. Too bad well have to go through them to get to the finals for the next 8 years.

I feel the same way about the Rangers.

Except I like Hank.

Top Bottom