• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
If it's a first from DAL, SJ, or FLA, that means it's one of:

9th
11th
12th

That's...pretty good. If it's ONLY the pick, that's a tough call. Talbot does need to be replaced, after all.

If you can get 9, 11, or 12 for Talbot, you take it and run.

9th
11th
12th

That's...pretty good. If it's ONLY the pick, that's a tough call. Talbot does need to be replaced, after all.

Personally I wouldn't complain if I got a top 12 pick for Talbot. This year is a pretty good draft year.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 37s38 seconds ago
As for Erik Condra, Murray says nothing new on that front -- even with money freed up from Legwand move.

bzHRn3b.jpg

calder

9th
11th
12th

That would be a crazy price to pay for a backup goalie. CRAZY. A late first round pick would be a nice pickup for an older, semi-proven backup goalie.

I can't believe it's one of those teams to be honest, if someone offered a 12th overall for Talbot you would have heard Sather screaming YES YES YES from Florida.

Fei

Regarding the rumor of Arizona trading #3 for Dougie Hamilton: Why would Boston trade Hamilton to move up and draft a defenseman? Makes no sense.

Silexx

Now that I think about it, I have to guess that the Sens might be looking to move up because they want Travis Konecny. Murray loves his local boys.

If true, Murray should just from now on not make any moves until draft day. This is when he works best.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

No surprise here. The Devils are local enough for him to stay with his family, and the Pens seem to just want every half decent forward.

Maybe he can come back, but he sure looks like he just physically can't go, though. His explosive speed all but completely vanished around December, and his brain looked like it had fallen behind the speed of the game, too. He's a great guy to have around and be a mentor, but I'm really doubtful that he can be the player he actually wants to be anymore.

But who knows, the guy certainly puts in the effort.

MEANWHILE...
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 2m 2 minutes ago

Rangers have not been offered 9th, 11th or 12th overall pick straight up for Talbot. NYR would have to give up more...
Blech

zroid

Banned
More capspace (Hanifin ELC)?

still seems a bit of a hairy trade, but maybe Boston is genuinely afraid of an offer sheet they can't match. in that case it might make sense to trade him for a 3rd overall which is a much better pick than they'd get as compensation

But Hamilton's really good. The kind of player you should be using your capspace on.

also this but we have seen that the current Bruins management is a bit sketchy

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 35m35 minutes ago
#blackhawks are trying to trade Patrick Sharp, Kris Versteeg and Bryan Bickell to try to free up cap space. #tvasports

One Sharp please, hold the Versteeg and the Bickell.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 4m 4 minutes ago
Should clarify...also possibility that NYR would have to take on bad contract, for which they'd have no space to keep their team intact...
Blech

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 7m7 minutes ago
Hearing Penguins and Canadiens are teams in hottest pursuit of #Blackhawks' Patrick Sharp. Rangers have also made contact.

I should just take a nap and wake up at like midnight D:

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lmao @ the idea of being offered the 12th pick for Talbot and not taking it and running. He's not even close to as good as Schneider, that would be such a heist. He's a nobody, 28 and played behind one of the best defensive teams in the league, give me a break.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Elliot Friedman said:
This morning, mentioned LA interested in Lucic but couldn't make it work. Understand LA/BOS revisiting it this afternoon. We'll see.

One of biggest piece of shit players on one of biggest piece of shit teams. I shouldn't be surprised.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Lucic is fine with going to Vancouver because Kesler is gone. I imagine other players feel the same.

However, how does Miller feel about playing on the same dude that went headhunting on him?

Not gonna lie, Lucic and Burrows on the same line would be pretty fucking funny

Got tired of trying to turn Kassian into Lucic so they figured they might as well just get him

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have no doubt whatsoever that Lucic is fine with going to Vancouver because Kesler is gone. I imagine other players feel the same.

However, how does Miller feel about playing on the same dude that went headhunting on him?

Got tired of trying to turn Kassian into Lucic so they figured they might as well just get him

we'll trade Miller, simple

Lucic on the Kings? Why are all the guys I hate wanting to come to my favorite team? Curse you best lawyers, beautiful socal women, and amazing weather 360 days of the year.

Top Bottom