• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

banana-potassium-intensifies-weird-vibrating-shaking-1380578639M_zpsdd7d5421.gif
txJAc.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
What the fuck, Cherry wants american Hanifin over doug gilmour reincarnation Mitch Marner? We're living in bizarro world.

Yeah I thought that was strange too. Not only is Marner Canadian but he's from the GTA! Doesn't Cherry go on and on about how the Leafs should draft local kids?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
It's amusing that Bieksa might end up on the milk hot dog sharks and Lucic might be a Canuck.

So much for salty rivalries.

19 & 21, when I went to the bars last night I saw a guy on a motorized unicycle with hipster glasses walking his dog. The only way it could have been more Boulder is if he was on his way to his Subaru, which he most certainly was.

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah I thought that was strange too. Not only is Marner Canadian but he's from the GTA! Doesn't Cherry go on and on about how the Leafs should draft local kids?

Yes he does, he doesn't shut up about it tbh. Also Marner's playstyle isn't too far from Gilmour, probably one of Grapes' favorite leaf players ever. Just really weird.

19 & 21, when I went to the bars last night I saw a guy on a motorized unicycle with hipster glasses walking his dog. The only way it could have been more Boulder is if he was on his way to his Subaru, which he most certainly was.

The good news is now that you've lived there you can live pretty much anywhere else in the world and not be infuriated.

calder

I'm really surprised/alarmed by the rumours about how aggressive the Jets are being about getting the 3rd pick. Not only that they are pushing fairly hard but that they seem to want third to get Hanifin. Just not sure I like a dman at third, unless he's basically Ekblad.

zroid

Banned
Yes he does, he doesn't shut up about it tbh. Also Marner's playstyle isn't too far from Gilmour, probably one of Grapes' favorite leaf players ever. Just really weird.

I think he likes Marner. He's just being salty about Nylander and Ritchie.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't remember if Cherry liked Sundin or not.

I don't remember him blasting him ever but I don't remember him praising him much either.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm really surprised/alarmed by the rumours about how aggressive the Jets are being about getting the 3rd pick. Not only that they are pushing fairly hard but that they seem to want third to get Hanifin. Just not sure I like a dman at third, unless he's basically Ekblad.

Pierre McGuire was hyping him this morning, says he reminds him of Scott Neidermyer.

Oh man that Jets D would be nasty

Enstrom- Myers
Hanifin- Trouba
Morrissey- Buff

Ottawa definitely won that trade, but what does their goalie situation look like going forward? An aging Anderson and Hammond?

I'm surprised the Sharks want to extend Bieksa but maybe their defence needs more snarl or something. Or maybe Wilson really likes old, slow, defencemen. Or maybe they just want to take Bieksa out back and beat him with a stanchion. Who knows.

Benning obviously likes Lucic with the Boston connection but we really don't need him.

Cake Boss

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 10s10 seconds ago
NYR have been offered a 1st rounder for Talbot. Not from Oilers or Flames. Dallas, SJ and Florida still involved. 1st isn't a deal maker.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 5s5 seconds ago
NYR are looking for the best overall package, even though a 1st round pick for Talbot is attractive.

Oh right I forgot about O'Connor. Sens should be alright in the goalie department if he pans out.

If it's a first from DAL, SJ, or FLA, that means it's one of:

9th
11th
12th

That's...pretty good. If it's ONLY the pick, that's a tough call. Talbot does need to be replaced, after all.

I would take a 1st for Talbot in a heart beat.

Almost anyone can backup Lundqvist. All he needs is to play about 20 games and not be terrible.

Top Bottom