• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

I'm actually quite scared of the Sabres now.

Ryan O'Riley, Jack Eichel, Lerner,Evander Kane.

I expect the Sabres to make it to the playoffs next season

Fei

So, this is real.

murray1111-1.jpg

I actually feel better about the Lehner trade today. I thought that we wouldn't be in on O'Reilly once giving up the 21st as a trade piece. Given the whole picture, we're looking pretty stacked at forward on paper.

Parch

There's still some decent potential left for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, probably better than previous years, but let's not go nuts. It's just long shot potential and about as useful as a lottery ticket. And it's not even a good lottery ticket, just a secondary prize if lucky.

You might get a 3rd liner that struggles to get 30 points at the NHL level. That is if you're lucky. If you think you're going to get an all-star in the 2nd or 3rd round, well aren't you the optimistic trooper. Odds are greatly stacked against that happening, but good for you for hoping.

Parch

What the fuck is Glen Sather waiting for to trade Talbot.
The Oilers already traded their first and Sabres got their goalie.
Oilers made it clear they weren't trading their extra first for a goaltender. They wanted a d-man.

Plenty of 2nd tier goaltenders on the market. Oilers can wait for a deal.

Parch

My only issue with the Juulsen pick is we have Subban and Petry signed long term on the right side, then we have a couple young guys coming up from the AHL in Pateryn, Dietz, and Ellis who will be fighting over that third spot.
I had mixed thoughts about that pick too. Takes a little longer for d-men to develop so situations can change in 2 or 3 years.
There were a bunch of D slated to go late in the first and Montreal got one of the better ones IMO. Wait and see I guess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really hope the Rangers get fucked by not accepting the supposed first they were offered for Talbot.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had mixed thoughts about that pick too. Takes a little longer for d-men to develop so situations can change in 2 or 3 years.
There were a bunch of D slated to go late in the first and Montreal got one of the better ones IMO. Wait and see I guess.

Yeah, I like what I read about him, and it's not like those guys above him can't get traded for other assets either way. Bergevin said he expects Juulsen to play two more years of Junior, add another two in St. John's(weird typing that instead of Hamilton), and then a year or two on the bottom pairing depending on Petry's play.

There's also the slim possibility that he plays on the left side, but you rarely see it with right-handed defencemen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're just grumpy because cats can't get married yet.

One day...

So hey got to see bits and pieces of the draft last night and just got caught up.

Yay Marner! And I see we traded back a million times and gained a few more picks. Does anyone have any idea who we were targeting?

Samyy

One day...

So hey got to see bits and pieces of the draft last night and just got caught up.

Yay Marner! And I see we traded back a million times and gained a few more picks. Does anyone have any idea who we were targeting?

I think strong targets left are Harkins, Roy, Sprong, Kylington
Dopey is in love with Bracco so perhaps thats a buyer beware?

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUCK AND MORE FUUUCKS FUCK THIS SHIT FUCK THAT SHIT FUCK THIS TEAM FUCK EVERYTHING

:lol

Oilers slowly fixing their shit show, though I'm pretty sure that segment Katz/McDavid segment cursed them for the next 20 years so we should be alright.

Avs traded 31st overall to San Jose for more picks.

Top Bottom