• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Samyy

How is 61 technically a second rounder if it falls in the 3rd?

30 + 30 = 60

Because they issued an extra 2nd rounder, there is 1 extra pick in the draft.
This pick does not exist naturally, compensatory due to the Hawks inability to sign Kevin Hayes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy who watched Juulsen a lot this season said he's already our #1 D prospect now, even higher than Tinordi but discounting Beaulieu. Really surprising to hear and I'm not sure if that's more to do with Tinordi regressing or Juulsen being that decent at the moment.

Those are really nice. Elegant.

The Leafs and Habs have two of the best jersey combos in sports.
I've been jealous of the Leafs jerseys with laces for a while now, happy to see the Habs hop on the train. Agree on them having two of the best jerseys in the league.

I wonder how many Montreal Has
At the moment we don't have any 2nd round picks, traded the one we had for Petry.

Yawnier

Banned
Bravo Bruins,
I had this guy potentially at our 3rd round pick:
senyshen.gif

Don Sweeney and the Bruin scouts are cray

I believe you have 4 more

Alright Alright Alright.

Also,Watch where these guys go, they might be huge steals.I'm shocked Sprong didn't get picked

Forwards

Jansen Harkins (C)
Daniel Sprong (RW)
Jeremy Bracco (RW)
Filip Chlapik (C)
Thomas Novak (C)
Dennis Yan (LW)
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson (C)
Michael Spacek (C)
Defense

Jeremy Roy (D)
Brandon Carlo (D)
Oliver Kylington (D)
Ryan Pilon (D)
Jonas Siegenthaler (D)
Travis Demott (D)

Goalies

Mackenzie Blackwood (G)

Parch

I'm alright with the Reinhart deal. Hamilton deal better, but it's not like there's a lot of young d-men available. Reinhart already more popular than most of the Oilers because of his Oil King success.

So... wow the Sabres dealings.

The team is going to be virtually unrecognizable compared to last year. Possibly an entire first line of new players if they wanted to try Kane/Eichel/O'Reilly together in some combination.
McGinn and Legwand on the bottom 6 seem at least an upgrade from the likes of Zac Dalpe and Matt Ellis (and probably ends the Pat Kaleta era).
Reinhart technically not "new" since he played those try out games last year, but seems likely to make the team full time.
Then two new goalies (Johnson still technically "new" as backup or if he's eventually replaced).

Grigorenko was useless to Buffalo at this point, Regier fucked that project up so bad. A total reset somewhere else could help I guess.
Zadarov should be a beast for years to come, definitely leaves a hole in Buffalo's defense, but now either they go spend big on free agent D or trade for overpaid D from teams struggling to meet the cap, or Pysyk/McCabe/Ruhwedel seize the opportunity.

Red_Man

No idea what to expect from the Sabres next season. Murray has been really impressive though, hard not to be jealous of the haul he's brought in over the past 6 months.

Don Sweeney and the Bruin scouts are cray
This is honestly as good of a day for a Habs fan as its going to get. I don't know what acid Sweeney took, but I love it.

So... wow the Sabres dealings.

The team is going to be virtually unrecognizable compared to last year. Possibly an entire first line of new players if they wanted to try Kane/Eichel/O'Reilly together in some combination.
McGinn and Legwand on the bottom 6 seem at least an upgrade from the likes of Zac Dalpe and Matt Ellis (and probably ends the Pat Kaleta era).
Reinhart technically not "new" since he played those try out games last year, but seems likely to make the team full time.
Then two new goalies (Johnson still technically "new" as backup or if he's eventually replaced).

Grigorenko was useless to Buffalo at this point, Regier fucked that project up so bad. A total reset somewhere else could help I guess.
Zadarov should be a beast for years to come, definitely leaves a hole in Buffalo's defense, but now either they go spend big on free agent D or trade for overpaid D from teams struggling to meet the cap, or Pysyk/McCabe/Ruhwedel seize the opportunity.

I don't know what to feel yet lol

I'm excited about this season. Which is weird. We have a good young defenseman who will likely get even better! I still want to grab Sekera but fucking finally there's a light at the end of this defenseless tunnel.

Fei

I love the idea of Girgensons and O'Reilly PKing together. That work ethic.

It's funny how Sabres fans have watched these prospects over the years with anticipation, and then see many shipped off without playing much if at all in Buffalo. Zadorov, Grigorenko, Armia, Lemieux, Compher. There's a lot of talent in that group, but when you look at their return - talented, proven, and young, it's hard to be upset.

Samyy

This will be a good slap in the face for the shit stain media in this town trying to spin that we're somehow not rebuilding, slimy fucking ass wipes.

zroid

Banned
Richards has 5 more years at $5.75M

so... that's a fucking lot

apparently a buyout this month would cost $1.467M for 10 years on the cap

I'm excited about this season. Which is weird. We have a good young defenseman who will likely get even better! I still want to grab Sekera but fucking finally there's a light at the end of this defenseless tunnel.

If the Radulov rumors are true this would be a pretty good lineup for the 16-17 season, pending landing someone like Sekera. Who knows how Tanguay plays this coming season, but some of the wing positions are interchangeable, interested to see how Grigorenko does with Roy.

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Radulov
Rantanen-Soderberg-Hishon
McLeod-Mitchell-Everberg

Sekera-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Bigras-Plug

Varlamov

I love the idea of Girgensons and O'Reilly PKing together. That work ethic.

It's funny how Sabres fans have watched these prospects over the years with anticipation, and then see many shipped off without playing much if at all in Buffalo. Zadorov, Grigorenko, Armia, Lemieux, Compher. There's a lot of talent in that group, but when you look at their return - talented, proven, and young, it's hard to be upset.
I'm not upset about it at all. Sabres desperately needed some proven talent after they traded or let all their old talent go a couple years ago

Fei

Grigorenko was threatening to go to the KHL unless he got a one way contract from Buffalo.. So expect him in your lines somewhere. I hope he does well. Buffalo couldn't have fucked that up more.

zroid

Banned
Right but if we're dumping Phil, Dion, Bozak theres no real issue, you could keep him in the minors for 3 years then buy him out or something when you need the cap.

That is true.

edit: if we bought him out in 2017 then it's $1.167M for 6 years

Red_Man

You know your first-round pick is great when people can’t stop comparing him to Radko Gudas. The new Bruins are going to be hilarious.
I'm fucking dying reading twitters responses to the Boston shit today. One of the best hockey days in a long time.

Cactus

Banned
Probably don't even have to bury him in the minors. Just let him play with the Leafs.

EDIT: that being said, i don't even know who this pagnotta guy is, so i'm still skeptical...

If the Radulov rumors are true this would be a pretty good lineup for the 16-17 season, pending landing someone like Sekera. Who knows how Tanguay plays this coming season, but some of the wing positions are interchangeable, interested to see how Grigorenko does with Roy.

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Radulov
Rantanen-Soderberg-Hishon
McLeod-Mitchell-Everberg

Sekera-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Bigras-Plug

Varlamov
And you were worried we would bone up the O'Reilly deal. I honestly don't think it could've gone better than it did. I genuinely hope Buffalo can get a deal done with O'Reilly because I think both teams got better and I actually prefer that to complete fleecings even if they go our way.

Except for Forsberg

zroid

Banned
Probably don't even have to bury him in the minors. Just let him play with the Leafs.

Nah you don't want to waste a roster spot on shitty veterans with no value

better to fill it out with guys you can flip at the deadline

(I say this knowing we're stuck with Robidas for two more years :lol. I guess they do like him as a mentor though)

Red_Man

4th period guy is a bit of a hack irc
This. I used to follow their guys, but they're just more Eklunds. They've never broken a trade and just repost shit from national guys. If LeBrun, McKenzie or Lavoie don't have it, then it's probably not a thing.

Samyy

This. I used to follow their guys, but they're just more Eklunds. They've never broken a trade and just repost shit from national guys. If LeBrun, McKenzie or Lavoie don't have it, then it's probably not a thing.

Those guys haven't had a single Leafs thing all year

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 1m1 minute ago
Nothing big is going on between LA and Toronto. Don't believe everything you read, Kings fans. Go enjoy your Friday night.

;_;

Calamari41

41 > 38
Does anybody in here have experience giving acepromazine to their dogs? This is going to be my puppy's first 4th of July, and the vet prescribed some for her to help deal with the fireworks. The problem is that there is information out there saying that the drug doesn't actually knock them out and quell their fear, but just keeps them from being able to move or express their fear.

I don't know if this is a case where there are actual drawbacks to the drug or if this is some anti-vaxxer level conspiracy shit.

Does anybody in here have experience giving acepromazine to their dogs? This is going to be my puppy's first 4th of July, and the vet prescribed some for her to help deal with the fireworks. The problem is that there is information out there saying that the drug doesn't actually knock them out and quell their fear, but just keeps them from being able to move or express their fear.

I don't know if this is a case where there are actual drawbacks to the drug or if this is some anti-vaxxer level conspiracy shit.

So we had a Pomeranian that had a bum knee and he ended up needing surgery for it. Post surgery he was not happy at all and they gave us some ace to help him not move and to help him sleep through the night. First time we gave it to him he just passed the fuck out on the floor within about a minute and pissed himself in the process. That was the only really strange time when he was on it, it did help him (and us because he was screaming all goddamn night wtihout it) sleep. He also built up a tolerance. I have no idea how it would go for treating fear of fireworks but our little guy seemed no worse for wear after he healed.

For the record though, it didn't always put him to sleep. It really depended on if he was tired at all to begin with. Giving it to him mid day would've probably knocked him on his ass but he would've been awake for sure.

Top Bottom