• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

CIg_9NGWsAAK3kE.jpg

WOO

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really sad to see Etem go, but he never advanced to level of consistency that we needed.
Pretty much my feelings on Hagelin. :D

Of all the pending RFAs on the team, Hagelin always seemed like he had to be the odd man out. Stepan had to be signed and is finally going to get his pay day, Fast and Miller are coming along nicely and need bridge deals, but Hagelin was already priced about where he ought to be and probably would have wanted a slight raise, and that money flat out doesn't exist.

Trading him is a bit of a surprise, though, and acquiring Etem in return is a pretty interesting get. So overall I like that trade quite a bit. Helps both teams, I think.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Lehner goes for a first rounder and the best you can do for Talbot is FIFTY SEVEN? Right after we sent #59 packing? So basically NOTHING? I mean, I understand that Talbot isn't quite as sweet of a deal due to being older and not being signed beyond this season, but jesus christ, if that's the return you might as well hold him and try to dish him off to some desperate schlubs at the trade deadline.

And now we still need to find a backup. WTF Slats?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was too angry at the first trade that got us the 57th pick to even notice that we had since TRADED IT AWAY TO MOVE DOWN IN THE DRAFT.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 11m11 minutes ago
#predators are trying sine a few weeks to trade Viktor Stalberg. It could happen. Maple Leafs a possibility but nothing confirmed yet.

Stalberg coming home maybe?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Martins Dzierkals?? Whose that Toronto?

Dzierkals is an incredibly quick and energetic forward who plays the game at an unmatched tempo. He has a dynamic, electric skill-set that makes him incredibly tough to contain as a defender. Never stops moving his feet and can burn most defenders on the rush as he cuts down the wing. Quick stick and slick puckhandler gives him versatility to beat defenders down the middle. Size is a big question mark standing at 5’10, but continue to add lower body strength in order to protect the puck in tough situations at the next level. We was a force this season with Riga in the MHL and representing Latvia at the U18s and U20s.

Dzierkals is an incredibly quick and energetic forward who plays the game at an unmatched tempo. He has a dynamic, electric skill-set that makes him incredibly tough to contain as a defender. Never stops moving his feet and can burn most defenders on the rush as he cuts down the wing. Quick stick and slick puckhandler gives him versatility to beat defenders down the middle. Size is a big question mark standing at 5’10, but continue to add lower body strength in order to protect the puck in tough situations at the next level. We was a force this season with Riga in the MHL and representing Latvia at the U18s and U20s.

Sounds Promising.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like all of the good left handed defencemen are gone. We might have to settle for Nicolas "Freddie the Goat 2.0" Roy.

Actually Wotherspoon and Gilbert may be there, they could be alright.

Top Bottom