• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yawnier

Banned
Jesper Lindgren turned into a top pairing defenseman in my EHM game lmao

Brad Ross for Marincin? Jeez, oilers traded away one of their better D prospects

Samyy

What the fuck Oilers?

CIhMg41UYAAPbLj.png:large

He already signed in Germany lol.

Steal by the Leafs.

Interesting,
Btw haven't seen you around before?
Welcome!

Jblanks

What the fuck Oilers?

CIhMg41UYAAPbLj.png:large

Interesting,
Btw haven't seen you around before?
Welcome!
Thanks man. Yea I mainly post on HF, and didn't really even know this forum had a sports section. So here I am.
Brad Ross is from Edmonton. Clearly the only reason they took a minor league lifer.

He's been posting here for a couple months at least!
Yea been here for a couple months. A good small community here. On HF there's a lot of good posters but there's even more trolls/bad posters. Here everyone seems to be knowledgeable which is nice.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
HAGELIN FOR ETEM

Holy shit, I'm very positive about that.
It's a good trade all around. Probably has the potential to be the most mutually beneficial trade made this weekend.

Rangers needed to get bigger, cheaper, and younger. Ducks needed to get faster with proven playoff performance and have plenty of cap space to give Hags the contract he deserves.

This is why I never despaired and just blindly trusted The Murray.

After the Lindholm pick, I trust any Swedish pick Bob Murray makes.

Hagelin is miles above Etem. How did we land that.

It's a good trade all around. Probably has the potential to be the most mutually beneficial trade made this weekend.

Rangers needed to get bigger, cheaper, and younger. Ducks needed to get faster with proven playoff performance and have plenty of cap space to give Hags the contract he deserves.

Internal cap space is our thing. We don't have the market to make actual cap space. Even this playoff run proved we can't max it out and get a cost:benefit ratio going.

Samyy

Thanks man. Yea I mainly post on HF, and didn't really even know this forum had a sports section. So here I am.

Yea been here for a couple months. A good small community here. On HF there's a lot of good posters but there's even more trolls/bad posters. Here everyone seems to be knowledgeable which is nice.

Hfboards....hmmm bud stay away from there :x

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Internal cap space is our thing. We don't have the market to make actual cap space. Even this playoff run proved we can't max it out and get a cost:benefit ratio going.
Hagelin was 2.4m this year. He'll probably be more like 3.5m or so next year. So not a huge contract, but more than we could afford to take on right now.

Tabris

This stinks of Cory Schneider all over. Eddie Lack is going to be a bonafide #1 starter. And he's a like-able guy.

Know what it is? It's Jim Benning's relationship with Ryan Miller that dictated that, not play vs salary. It's the same as Pavol Demitra and Gillis.

Razorskin

----- ------
This stinks of Cory Schneider all over. Eddie Lack is going to be a bonafide #1 starter. And he's a like-able guy.

Know what it is? It's Jim Benning's relationship with Ryan Miller that dictated that, not play vs salary. It's the same as Pavol Demitra and Gillis.

Luongo, Schneider, & Lack became:

Bo Horvat
Shawn Matthias
Jacob Markstrom
2015 3rd
2016 7th

Top Bottom