• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Man, the regular leafs fans are idiots.

I've seen the argument numerous times that kessel was the ice for more goals against than for throughout his career. Do these knobs even understand what the fuck a powerplay is?

He's -79 at even strength, but he has 128 PP points

Even don cherry doesn't want him traded.

calder

Kids, kids, kids, if I could teach each and every one of you young whippersnappers one thing - just one thing! - it would be this:

Wherever you're going, they'll have drugs there. They may be more expensive, or a bit of a hassle to find, but don't worry they have them. Hitting a border with anything in your car/suitcase/whatever is just so pointless and dumb. Unless you're trafficking, in which case I dunno do whatever I have no relevant life experience with that beyond knowing from NatGeo that foreign jails are fucking hardcore.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kids, kids, kids, if I could teach each and every one of you young whippersnappers one thing - just one thing! - it would be this:

Wherever you're going, they'll have drugs there. They may be more expensive, or a bit of a hassle to find, but don't worry they have them. Hitting a border with anything in your car/suitcase/whatever is just so pointless and dumb. Unless you're trafficking, in which case I dunno do whatever I have no relevant life experience with that beyond knowing from NatGeo that foreign jails are fucking hardcore.

Calder, is that- wait, that IS you

never mind

Quick

Banned

Shut up old man!

I do what I want.

Acid08

Banned
Dillon contract is ridiculously fucking good. Vlasic/Dillon/Burns/Braun locked up as our top four is so fucking great. Now just need a reliable third pairing.

A first rounder for Jones seems fucking crazy.

Dillon contract is ridiculously fucking good. Vlasic/Dillon/Burns/Braun locked up as our top four is so fucking great. Now just need a reliable third pairing.

A first rounder for Jones seems fucking crazy.

Eh? I still don't like Burns on D. I've never liked him on D since we traded for him. I think they really need to move him back up and get a good solid veteran D in his place.

The Richards rumour-mill has turned pretty ugly.

Hopefully it's all just a misunderstanding!

emoji.png

Acid08

Banned
Eh? I still don't like Burns on D. I've never liked him on D since we traded for him. I think they really need to move him back up and get a good solid veteran D in his place.

I wouldn't mind him moving back up but only if we get another dman who's capable of what Burns can do offensively. We have no one else back there who's nearly as good as he is in that regard which is a big problem.

Calamari41

41 > 38
when they mentioned an incident 'at the border' I instantly thought Mexico.

But I guess Canada also has a border.

I naturally assumed it was an incident at the Mexican border, to the point where I was going to make a joke about smuggling bagged milk into US territory or something. I didn't realize there was even serious security along the northern border.

Curufinwe

I wouldn't mind him moving back up but only if we get another dman who's capable of what Burns can do offensively. We have no one else back there who's nearly as good as he is in that regard which is a big problem.

I don't see many Sharks games, but I thought he was fantastic on D at the World Champs.

calder

Stafford for 2 years at 8.7 is not terrible. It kinda shows you how much a team will have to overpay for Frolik though, and I think the big thing for Frolik is he'll want 5 years which will be tough.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like a Hunwick deal isn't getting done, so he's going to free agency.

Rangers are going to be in need of a 7D. Chris Summers is pretty much the top of the depth chart right now, and that's probably not going to cut it.

Taking that into account, the opening night Rangers right now are looking like:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Etem-Lindberg-Hayes
Glass-Moore-Fast
?????

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
?????

Lundqvist
Raanta

So look for the Rangers to be hunting for (cheap) depth/role players tomorrow.

fallout

I kind of wonder if Richards got caught with something while boating on Lake of the Woods. It's not hard to cross the border out there.

Stafford for 2 years at 8.7 is not terrible. It kinda shows you how much a team will have to overpay for Frolik though, and I think the big thing for Frolik is he'll want 5 years which will be tough.
Yeah, I think the deal makes a lot of sense. Jets have plenty of cap room and it's a small raise over 2 years.

calder

Yeah, I think the deal makes a lot of sense. Jets have plenty of cap room and it's a small raise over 2 years.

Basically I'm OK with pretty much any salary on a two year deal for a guy (just barely) under 30.

Frolik is super gone though. I wonder if they'll get Tlusty back for cheap? He was ok for a cheap bottom six guy. Is Condra any good, like if we gave him 2m per would he be a middle six?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@mirtle question is how much... I'm hearing 6x6 for Franson

@dstaples Stauffer and Garrioch expect Franson to sign with Leafs

halp

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
6 mio for franson?!? that means the Leafs are gonna be paying like 14mio for a second-pairing d-line?

zroid

Banned
I'm fine with Franson for 6x6 (market value) but I don't know how they can afford it unless Phagoof is traded.

And I'm not sure how he fits into the rebuild...

Jblanks

I'm fine with Franson for 6x6 (market value) but I don't know how they can afford it unless Phagoof is traded.

You won't be fine in year 3-4, when were starting to compete and Franson still hasn't learned to play in his own zone.

Garroich is a bad source though.

Top Bottom