• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lineup for tomorrow's game in Philly:

Forwards: JT Miller, Kevin Hayes, Luke Adam, Jayson Megna, Oscar Lindberg, Viktor Stalberg, Jarret Stoll, Ryan Bourque, Kirill Kabanov, Richard Nejezchleb, Jayden Hart, Emerson Etem

Defense: Dylan McIlrath, Kevin Klein, Raphael Diaz, Brett Bellemore, Ryan Graves, Ryan Mantha, Mat Bodie

Goalies: Magnus Hellberg, Antti Raanta

Super scrub squad tomorrow, even more so than tonight. Only 3 (more or less) full time Rangers from last season in the lineup: Hayes, Miller, Klein.

Guess a first round of cuts is probably coming on Wednesday, then.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He's still alive?

He was pretty good tonight, much better than I've seen him in a Blueshirt before. His check to the head penalty was absolutely inexcusable, though. If he can't be more disciplined, then he has no business being at this level. It feels like every time he gets a chance to play on the big squad he does something stupid.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thought you guys would appreciate this. Kreider's goal and
attempted
celly:

eRlFTS4.gif

Curufinwe

Rangers lineup for tomorrow's game in Philly:

Forwards: JT Miller, Kevin Hayes, Luke Adam, Jayson Megna, Oscar Lindberg, Viktor Stalberg, Jarret Stoll, Ryan Bourque, Kirill Kabanov, Richard Nejezchleb, Jayden Hart, Emerson Etem

Defense: Dylan McIlrath, Kevin Klein, Raphael Diaz, Brett Bellemore, Ryan Graves, Ryan Mantha, Mat Bodie

Goalies: Magnus Hellberg, Antti Raanta

Super scrub squad tomorrow, even more so than tonight. Only 3 (more or less) full time Rangers from last season in the lineup: Hayes, Miller, Klein.

Guess a first round of cuts is probably coming on Wednesday, then.

I doubt many of the Flyers vets who played today will back up for tomorrow's game. These four dmen didn't play today so they will likely be the top 4 with Mason in goal.

Schultz-Streit
Sanheim-Alt

zroid

Banned
Seeing pics of people lining up in Halifax for Babcock autogaraphs is pretty funny

I wonder did any Leafs fan ever ask Carlyle for an autograph?

I meant to look at the Leafs' pre-season schedule over the weekend but didn't, and didn't know they were playing tonight until after it had started. I had to go visit a family member, though, so I didn't catch it.

Glad to hear we won, I guess. This season is going to be weird. I'm not used to cheering against the Leafs from the beginning of a season.

Wow. Looks like Reimer was horrible.

zroid

Banned
This season is going to be weird. I'm not used to cheering against the Leafs from the beginning of a season.
:lol there's no need for that

this isn't (intended to be) a tank season, it's a development season and a "hopefully the guys on short-term deals have good years so they can be flipped at the deadline" season.

Leafs results are whatever. Cheer for the Marlies.

RC

Banned
I think I pissed everyone off at the bar for asking to put the Nucks/Sharks preseason game on the big screen.

this isn't (intended to be) a tank season, it's a development season and a "hopefully the guys on short-term deals have good years so they can be flipped at the deadline" season.

I'll cheer for the Blue Jays :p

Yeah, the best part of a rebuild is getting to cheer both your wins and your losses. The top three picks being lottery this year makes tanking a crapshoot anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, very importantly, I finally learned how the fuck you pronounce Brady Skjei's last name tonight. Apparently it's pronounced "shay." Who knew?

Also, very importantly, I finally learned how the fuck you pronounce Brady Skjei's last name tonight. Apparently it's pronounced "shay." Who knew?

Is that the correct pronunciation or the rangers crew pronunciation? Players have been there for a decade and they still fuck up their names.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is that the correct pronunciation or the rangers crew pronunciation? Players have been there for a decade and they still fuck up their names.

Seems to be correct. It was used both in the arena (he got an assist) and on commentary on MSG. I usually defer to the in-arena announcer at the Garden, as he tends to get those right. He's also one of the only guys who actually consistently says AV's name correctly around here.

Acid08

Banned
How's Goldobin looking? Any chance he cracks the roster soon?

He's looked good, but I don't think he'll crack the opening day roster. Maybe if Best Karlsson is still injured, but then he would be playing a 4th line role and that wouldn't make much sense. Later this season? I still doubt it barring some injuries.

Our top 9 is pretty much solidified as Jumbo/Pavs/Marleau/Couture/Ward/Wingels/Tierney/Nieto/Hertl. That leaves fourth line spots open, most likely going to Smith, Karlsson, and Torres.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seems to be correct. It was used both in the arena (he got an assist) and on commentary on MSG. I usually defer to the in-arena announcer at the Garden, as he tends to get those right. He's also one of the only guys who actually consistently says AV's name correctly around here.

what do they call him?

VEIN-ALT?

Socreges

Banned
Destiny community is on its 31st OT....

I thought people hated it? Addictive MMO, I guess? Or is talking about the game somehow more gripping than actually playing it?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I thought people hated it? Addictive MMO, I guess? Or is talking about the game somehow more gripping than actually playing it?

According to wsox, the DLC kind of salvaged it. So basically, if you've never played it, NOW it's worthy of the full price.

TUSR

Banned

most of the posts in the destiny ots are looking for groups

"need x more for y"

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The main clique post a lot. And ppl lfg/help like crazy. It's definitely a disappointment but it's done pretty well. Or so they claim, they've never given hard numbers on active players though I heard 20 million as of taken king but we have no way of knowing how they count things.

I dunno the expansion definitely makes things better but it's not enough to keep me back long term. Done everything but the raid already. Really hopeyou tax credit and the rest of my student grants come through so I can upgrade to pc and play stuff I want to play. This gen had been slim picking so far. Mostly expansions to look forward to for me.

Soma tomorrow though. Stoked.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

First real successful MMO* on a console. Game is complete garbage, although I haven't played the new expansion, but seeing as the original game was so bad, I'm not spending anymore time or money on a patch that is a year late and cost full price.

Listened to a Full of Sith podcast today where one of the hosts talked about camping out 30+ days for The Phantom Menace.

That has to be about the saddest damned thing I have ever heard.

Top Bottom