• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tanner Glass is in midseason form. In the box with a slashing and a roughing minor after a tussle with Tlusty. (Tlusty got 2 for slashing.)

you weren't kidding

FamiliarPersonalGreatdane.gif

Clydefrog

It's why even the members of Kings-Gaf either already live in Orange County or want to move there.

To be honest, California is losing its luster for me now. I've been here since 2003 and I'm ready for something else.

I don't want to have a massive mortgage down here..

Stasis

Also, very importantly, I finally learned how the fuck you pronounce Brady Skjei's last name tonight. Apparently it's pronounced "shay." Who knew?

Yeah that threw me. I was half listening to the game while doing something else but I heard that and wondered. Also saw Glass and wondered what the fuck was going on. Missed McIlraths hit but liked what I did see. I'd really like to have him make the team. Like getting Sauer back. A nastier bigger Sauer. Don't want him dropping the gloves needlessly but its nice to have a guy who actually contributes and can also handle pretty much anyone if need be.

Missed both games cause I was stuffing my face with chicken wings :/ trying to contain excitement, it's just pre-season, but that Nylander setup makes me want more...that I probably won't see for a while :(

Kat! Pikma! I finally hit level 10 in Splatoon.

I'm ranked now!

we quad squad now!

So is everybody else.

I just can't get into baseball, or cheer for a team with Toronto in its name.

Fair enough

I've been a Blue Jays fan since childhood, when my parents would take our family to games. I couldn't watch a lot of their games over the years, because I didn't get any sort of cable or satellite until 2006, but I'd watch them when they were on CTV from time to time and go every so often.

I really got into watching a lot of baseball in 2006 or 2007. I'd get really excited for the start of each season and not miss a game, then burn out a bit and take a break. Then I'd start watching again.

Baseball does get boring sometimes, but I'm a Blue Jays fan at heart. I don't particularly enjoy watching other teams play unless it matters at the end of a season, and don't really bother much with the playoffs. That will change this year.

imBask

Banned
holy shit, the new animal crossing comes out this week? totally snuck up on me

RIP my life

the interior decorator thingy? meh, I wish they would just release a new full Animal Crossing game, the last one was really good but man did it have a bunch of obvious problems

zroid

Banned
the interior decorator thingy? meh, I wish they would just release a new full Animal Crossing game, the last one was really good but man did it have a bunch of obvious problems

the sheer volume of tools and stuff looks insaaaaane

between this and Mario Maker, I'm pretty much going to be playing nothing but "designing" games for the rest of 2015 :lol

Pikma

Banned
holy shit, the new animal crossing comes out this week? totally snuck up on me

RIP my life
I'm EXCITED and I'm also getting dat n3DS and maybe a few amiibo cards

So not only RIP my life but RIP my wallet as well
WRONG OPINION

imBask

Banned
I'm EXCITED and I'm also getting dat n3DS and maybe a few amiibo cards

So not only RIP my life but RIP my wallet as well

WRONG OPINION

look, New Leaf was great but it had tons of problems concerning slowness, everything was slow... unskippable dialogues everywhere, tedious stacking process because the damn items won't stack automatically, etc

plus let's be real here, the gate system has to be the worst online system of all time. You can get visitors IF they're in your friend list and IF you opened your gate which prevented you from doing most things you wanted to do as long as the gates were opened

I still played the shit out of it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
CPg81q6WoAAqyw8.jpg

No AGally - Semin love making tonight :(

The actual lines

#Habs lines vs #Leafs:
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
De la Rose - Mitchell - Kassian
Carr - McCarron - DSP
Bozon - Dumont - Thomas

McCarron potentially lining up as our 3rd C could be pretty great

Samyy

CPg7cjKUEAAY3qX.jpg

Leafs are sending the kids and some scrubs
The ultimate Goat vs. McCarron third line C battle will commence tonight!

Speaking of design games, Zroid I just bought Story of Seasons. What have I gotten myself into?

it's sooo gooooood!

...just bear with the tutorial, ie the first in-game week. it's borderline tortuous but then everything is awesome

I've made it to the fall. So far I'm pretty much just focusing on clearing out my farm / getting a decent amount of crops going. Somehow I've managed to hold on to my root farm in the south.

Do I ever get more hearts?

Curufinwe

Flyers line up tonight vs NYR:

Sam Gagner -Sean Couturier -Wayne Simmonds
RJ Umberger - Scott Laughton - Brayden Schenn
Aaron Palushaj - Nick Cousins - Travis Konecny
Danick Martel/JayRosehill - Tim Brent - Colin McDonald

Nick Schultz-Mark Streit
Ivan Provorov-Evgeny Medvedev
Travis Sanheim-Shayne Gostisbehere

Steve Mason

imBask

Banned
More like trade Pleks and fire Desharnais into the sun.

I don't know man, i'll keep Plekanec over Eller any day of the week

super consistent, reliable, defensive player... I don't believe in Eller at all anymore, he's 26, enough with the "potential" argument

but yeah the sun might be the only one willing to take Desharnais

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't know man, i'll keep Plekanec over Eller any day of the week

super consistent, reliable, defensive player... I don't believe in Eller at all anymore, he's 26, enough with the "potential" argument

but yeah the sun might be the only one willing to take Desharnais
Pleks will have great trade value come the deadline and will only decline from here. Eller proved last season he can handle the tough match ups, I'd rather get something of value for Pleks than watch him walk away or go downhill from here.

imBask

Banned
Pleks will have great trade value come the deadline and will only decline from here. Eller proved last season he can handle the tough match ups, I'd rather get something of value for Pleks than watch him walk away or go downhill from here.

he's only 32 he still got some good hockey in him! And if you want to trade him and get something decent, you need to trade him RIGHT NOW. We'll only get picks at the deadline since he'll be considered a rental player

zroid

Banned
I looove animal crossing but im not excited about this game at all. I'll probably watch my gf play and if it looks interesting ill pick it up.
I felt similar at first because I thought it was just going to be like a vertical slice of a real Animal Crossing game, as opposed to its own thing. But it seems to actually take the interior design aspect of the series and inject it with a lot more depth, options, and polish. I'm pretty excited now!

So my buddies and I are playing a Halloween cover set/tribute set next month and we're figuring out a band to cover. We're either thinking Blink 182 (Enema of the State and earlier), Alkaline Trio (same kind of deal, their earlier stuff), Vivian Girls, or something in that vein. But I don't know how hard people will dig it. Was thinking doing something like the Blue Album by Weezer or something... The event is a independent film festival at a theater, so that's the crowd. Does anyone have suggestions of a band to cover?

Top Bottom