• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Yawnier

Banned
DbxCsXH.png

Yes.

That Mark Hunter magic

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I would hope for a bit more than just Tinordi, but it doesn't make my blood run cold like a rumor last year of an Anisimov/Emelin trade. The scuttlebutt is that Atkinson's extension was in anticipation of a trade later this year. I'd be surprised if Atkinson or Tyutin are still in Columbus after the trade deadline.

Clarkson AND Cleary? We will combine their powers to create Clearkson.

Isn't Atkinson good?

Missed the game, how'd the EGS line look?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Isn't Atkinson good?

Pretty good offensively, AGally should have had two goals but hit the post, definitely have to work on their defensive zone awareness. They look like they've been playing together for a few seasons already.

Pikma

Banned
Final score:
Blues 6 - 0 Stars
I don't think I need to see our line up to declare that the St. Louis Blues will shit all over us tonight.

They will.

Edit: just saw the line up. It'll be interesting to see Lehtonen play the whole game, at least.
Looks like I know my team

Foggy

Isn't Atkinson good?

Atkinson's good, just a bit streaky and hasn't hit the ceiling the organization expected him to. It wouldn't even be considered if the forward/forward prospect depth wasn't so deep. But, if he's on fire this year playing with Hartnell and Wennberg(like Dano was last year) then I can see them switching back to shopping around Kerby Rychel.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, as we approach the season starting, I am wondering if there's any legit way to watch local team games (Avalanche for me) without cable? I know Gamecenter will give me everything BUT the home team, which really, really sucks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, as we approach the season starting, I am wondering if there's any legit way to watch local team games (Avalanche for me) without cable? I know Gamecenter will give me everything BUT the home team, which really, really sucks.

hockeystreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Biggest news coming out of tonight's game is that Brady Skjei seems to be in legit contention for the 7D job. Rangers have another round of cuts coming tomorrow after having slimmed down to 39 players today.

Well I able to not only draft McDavid in my keeper league, I was able to get Marner as well (he went 8th overall). Have no idea how he dropped like that or how people passed over him. Got a second rounder to choose on Saturday, planning on taking a young D-man.

Tabris

Well I able to not only draft McDavid in my keeper league, I was able to get Marner as well (he went 8th overall). Have no idea how he dropped like that or how people passed over him. Got a second rounder to choose on Saturday, planning on taking a young D-man.

McDavid should obviously be a #1 in a keeper league (unless someone drops that year and his keepers get placed into the pool you may want to consider others unless due to salary vs potential points that year and keeping him for future years it's worth it) but Marner was a wasted pick. He may not even play this year, well maybe due to the fact TOR's team is so bare right now, but still, won't amount to much point generation wise. That was nothing but a homer pick there.

Also I would temper your expectations on McDavid. Remember, unlike Stamkos, Crosby, and Ovechkin, McDavid has to play in the harder to play against West. Teams like the Ducks and Kings are going to beat the shit out of them. He's not tough like Ovechkin, he won't have Lecavalier/St Louis to play behind like Stamkos, and his team isn't stacked with tough guys like Crosby's was.

I predict he will be in the 45-60 point range. 25 goals scored. Which is awesome but it won't be like Crosby and Ovechkin's opening season.

McDavid should obviously be a #1 in a keeper league (unless someone drops that year and his keepers get placed into the pool you may want to consider others unless due to salary vs potential points that year and keeping him for future years it's worth it) but Marner was a wasted pick. He may not even play this year, well maybe due to the fact TOR's team is so bare right now, but still, won't amount to much point generation wise. That was nothing but a homer pick there.

Also I would temper your expectations on McDavid. Remember, unlike Stamkos, Crosby, and Ovechkin, McDavid has to play in the harder to play against West. Teams like the Ducks and Kings are going to beat the shit out of them. He's not tough like Ovechkin, he won't have Lecavalier/St Louis to play behind like Stamkos, and his team isn't stacked with tough guys like Crosby's was.

I predict he will be in the 45-60 point range. 25 goals scored. Which is awesome but it won't be like Crosby and Ovechkin's opening season.

As we've seen, scoring has gone down regardless, so 60 is never a bad thing for a rookie. By the way, I'm a Flyers fan and I took Marner. Not too many other people on the board. Plus, I'm in a rebuilding phase, not a win-now phase. Marner is definitely for the future (we have two NA slots, so one for Marner and one for Kapanen that I picked during this past season). Our league is 18 teams, so it's not like everyone that is worth it is up for grabs. I'm probably going to take Gostibehere or Medvedev though with my 2nd rounder. Probably more so on Ghost considering I think he will be a damn good offensive D-man in the future.

As a side note, for me to get that 8th, all I gave up was Chris Stewart.

Tabris

18 team deep keeper league? OK that makes more sense now. That's insane. You must be running with 3rd line players at that point.

The issue with my keeper league is my keepers have too much salary.

I have H.Sedin, D.Sedin, A.Ovechkin, C.Price, V.Tarasenko (which was perfect until that crazy extension), Z.Parise, A.Pietrangelo.

Only low salary keepers I have are A.Ekblad and N.MacKinnon (well I'm going to have to pick among those players to 7 players so going to have to drop Parise and Pietrbngelo most likely).

18 team deep keeper league? OK that makes more sense now. That's insane. You must be running with 3rd line players at that point.

The issue with my keeper league is my keepers have too much salary.

I have H.Sedin, D.Sedin, A.Ovechkin, C.Price, V.Tarasenko (which was perfect until that crazy extension), Z.Parise, A.Pietrangelo.

Only low salary keepers I have are A.Ekblad and N.MacKinnon (well I'm going to have to pick among those players to 7 players so going to have to drop Parise and Pietrbngelo most likely).

Actually, Stewart was someone I was wiling to drop if need be. I have much better players than him.

No drafting Marner 2nd round is what I found insane.

No no, he's wasn't second round. I took McDavid 1st overall. Then I traded Stewart to get 8th overall, and somehow he fell all the way down to there (did not expect that). So I had 1st, 8th and now I still have my 19th (2nd round, 1st pick). I'm sure I could of taken Provorov or something but I think Marner is going to be something special. Reminds me of Giroux.

Tabris

No no, he's wasn't second round. I took McDavid 1st overall. Then I traded Stewart to get 8th overall, and somehow he fell all the way down to there (did not expect that). So I had 1st, 8th and now I still have my 19th (2nd round, 1st pick). I'm sure I could of taken Provorov or something but I think Marner is going to be something special. Reminds me of Giroux.

It'll be years before he's a first line player, if ever. Toronto is bad but not that bad. I think you fell to 1st round player hype which rarely works out for fantasy.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Why are people saying that the Kane case is "getting weirder and weirder?" It's getting significantly less weird since the events of last night, and the new info apparently leaking this morning.

If Kane's lawyer dropped out, nobody would be saying "oh wow what a curious development." No, there would be a feeding frenzy.

GUYS WHEN DO I HAVE TO RESUB MY GCL SUBSCRIPTION

CAN I WATCH FREE STUFF TIL I HAVE TO RESUB OR WHAT?

Why are people saying that the Kane case is "getting weirder and weirder?" It's getting significantly less weird since the events of last night, and the new info apparently leaking this morning.

If Kane's lawyer dropped out, nobody would be saying "oh wow what a curious development." No, there would be a feeding frenzy.

It turns out I was actually watching American Horror Story while reading about the Kane saga and kept getting both mixed up.

In the end, both ended up cringey.

Top Bottom