• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Foggy

Why are people saying that the Kane case is "getting weirder and weirder?" It's getting significantly less weird since the events of last night, and the new info apparently leaking this morning.

If Kane's lawyer dropped out, nobody would be saying "oh wow what a curious development." No, there would be a feeding frenzy.

Probably the mix of batshit weird developments followed by what appears to be a total collapse. As a whole, it's a weird, uncomfortable case.

On a separate note, vigilante Clarkson isn't going to get supplemental punishment. The top cop's water bottle can rest easy.

this is the first im hearing of the NWHL which is kind of sad. Looks like they actually are really putting some proper effort into it. Hope it does well. Expand to pittsburgh and I will goto games

imBask

Banned
Trios et défenseurs du CH ce soir:

Flynn-Plekanec-Gallagher;
Blanchard-Dumont-Gregoire;
De La Rose-Mitchell-Kassian;
Carr-Hudon-Smith Pelly;

Emelin-Petry;
Beaulieu-Lernout;
Barberio-Johnston.

G: Price-Fucale.

It's weird how I've been paying more attention to the NWHL than the preseason. Mainly cos Ducks media is hard to follow. But at the same time, it's really exciting to have a professional womens league with the amount of media presence behind it.

The only time you get to hear about awesome skaters like Hilary Knight is during the Olympics.

Buying jerseys now

Get me an oversized novelty styrofoam fedora too, please.

I'm more of an Ohio State Militant Atheist Men's Rights Activits Fuck Women fan.

I heard about the division loss to the Oklahoma Feminists :( sorry dude...

zroid

Banned
this is the first im hearing of the NWHL which is kind of sad. Looks like they actually are really putting some proper effort into it. Hope it does well. Expand to pittsburgh and I will goto games

it seems promising because, unlike the CWHL, they're actually going to pay their players

Calamari41

41 > 38
From the Kane thread:

Erie County DA conference regarding the evidence bag right now.

-Investigation is ongoing.
-Evidence in general is usually placed in cans, bags or boxes
-A rape kit goes in a box, not a bag (demonstrating a sample rape kit box)
-All materials remain sealed in the box
-Rape kits in Eerie County are not placed in bags
-Surveillance video shows chain of custody was not breached in any way

They're rolling the footage now. Pretty clear cut here.

This case is pretty much finished.

Edit: More:

More from the conference:

-Accuser went to mother's house, changed her top, and went to the hospital
-Civilian accompanying accuser was given bag to put new top in
-Civilian was the accuser's mothers
-Mother was the last person seen with this bag

So in short, mom screwed up big time. She concocted the entire thing.

She will not be charged because in New York it is not a crime to fabricate evidence (edit: that hasn't been formally introduced into a hearing.)

WOW!

This is a joke.

zroid

Banned
It sounds like the DA is going to continue the proceedings unless they find out the accuser was involved in the hoax. So I guess that's going to be another mini-investigation. Sigh.

Samyy

No Nylander tonight means I get to see him live tomorrow!!!
Yes!!!!!

Also huge test in a few hours - fuck tests I feel lik shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers made 5 more cuts today, sending Bellemore, Hrivik, Hughes, Malcolm, and Tambellini to the Wolf Pack. Down to 34 players now, including just 3 goaltenders (Lundqvist, Raanta, Hellberg).

She will not be charged because in New York it is not a crime to fabricate evidence that hasn't been formally introduced into a hearing.

WOW!

tumblr_mc2ljl2bA61qmrfbao1_500.gif

Kane isn't going to be able to shake this reputation from him, regardless.

It sucks how he's tarnished. But if he wasn't such a shit cunt in the first place then everyone would've brushed it aside and victim blamed.

Kind of says a lot about him that everyone instantly wasn't all... "Him?"

Foggy

My guess is somehow the mother got word that the case was going to be dismissed or that it was looking grim so she did something very drastic. Paints her and her daughter in an awful light. Which really really really sucks. Texts show the accuser didn't even want to be at the house while her friend did. Source apparently said Kane said there was a party at the house but there wasn't. We'll never know what happened(as if that was a real possibility before all these shenanigans). Can't wait for the Kane redemption piece coming down the pipe. The world's just gonna keep on turning.

Went in a new property for less than 5 minutes to take photos, and as I'm leaving the driveway I look at my leg and see I'm now covered in a biblical amount of fleas. Fuck. Fleas all over me and now in my car, fuck. Now I get to run home and do the strip naked into laundry room dance. Hate fucking fleas, never see them in the houses, always as I'm driving away.

Went in a new property for less than 5 minutes to take photos, and as I'm leaving the driveway I look at my leg and see I'm now covered in a biblical amount of fleas. Fuck. Fleas all over me and now in my car, fuck. Now I get to run home and do the strip naked into laundry room dance. Hate fucking fleas, never see them in the houses, always as I'm driving away.

What? How? When? And for the love of god, Why?

Calamari41

41 > 38

How long are you in LA?

So just because the mother mistook the shirt bag for an evidence bag, that means the case is closed, or am I missing something? That doesn't prove or disprove that Kane assaulted her.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So just because the mother mistook the shirt bag for an evidence bag, that means the case is closed, or am I missing something? That doesn't prove or disprove that Kane assaulted her.

The mother knew what the bag was the whole time. It was given to her to put her daughter's shirt in, and never left her possession. The whole "someone left this rape kit bag on my doorstep" story is a confirmed hoax.

It was a hoax, not a mistake.

The mother knew what the bag was the whole time. It was given to her to put her daughter's shirt in, and never left her possession. The whole "someone left this rape kit bag on my doorstep" story is a confirmed hoax.

Okay, but that doesn't really change the rest of the case. People are talking like Kane is clearly innocent, but we don't know that.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bryan Murray says Senators will suspend Wikstrand if doesnt return to North America

#sens suspend Wikstrand, who has gone to Sweden. Murray says he can be a "grocery clerk, play beer league," but not playing for Swedish team

Loool love this angry old man sometimes.

vikstrand is a fucking idiot though, how do you plan to learn to play on north american ice if you never play in the AHL.

How long are you in LA?
I wish, I would seriously wade into the sea fully clothed to rid myself of them.

What? How? When? And for the love of god, Why?

I do asset management for a brokerage so when we get foreclosure properties I go in after they are cleaned to take photos for listing and damages to help determine the price. Now fleas are the over evolved fuckers so their hatching cycles are triggered by the animal scratching which, in this case, is the vacuuming of carpets. So people can be in here and cleaning and not have flea issues, but those fuckers are waiting for me hungry as fuck.

Can't even squish them, have to put them between two fingers and roll them to kill them.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Okay, but that doesn't really change the rest of the case. People are talking like Kane is clearly innocent, but we don't know that.

All we know is that the family of the accuser did something asinine and completely crazy in order to, apparently, attempt to invalidate whatever results came up in that rape kit.

This doesn't make Kane "clearly innocent," but it make the case against him look weak. People throw around the whole "presumption of innocence only applies to a jury, not to public opinion." Well, that's true for this as well. We're allowed to make personal judgments based on the events that unfold in this case, and after all of this I am going to go ahead and take the bold stance that I will require some kind of evidence before I assume that anything happened that night.

Top Bottom