• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I just realized that the expansion draft could save the Canucks from all their recent signings.

I can pray at least, right?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CLIqJVfWgAAtxxn.png:large

One of the names on this chart played in the Conference Finals last season.

Foggy

NMC though I recall that becomes void if a trade occurs?

Yeah I have no idea. Goddamn is that contract an albatross. All the front office had to do was insure Horton's contract and things would be even brighter. Just thinking of how much better the team could be with an extra $5.25 million in cap space. Then again, they probably would've just thrown that money at Franson and called it a day. Oh well, BJs are probably a consistent playoff team with a first-round or second-round win scattered around for the next 3 seasons. The best chance at being a cup team probably happens when Werenski, Carlsson, Heatherington, and Palliotta develop.

Samyy

He's not elite, give me a break. His linemate Giroux is elite.

His WOWYs suggest he makes Giroux better, not the other way around.
His even strenght p/60 is 2.13, Giroux's is 1.43.

As per 67sound:
2011-2015, Vorachek w/ Giroux: 55.1%CF, 57.1%GF; Vorachek w/o Giroux: 51.7%, 57.1%; Giroux w/o Vorachek 49.2%, 49%.

zroid

Banned
Voracek's P/60 over the last 3 seasons combined ranks 30th in the league among forwards with 800 minutes played

that's pretty good, puts him in the upper third of 1st liners

edit: for comparison sake, Giroux ranks 109th

Jblanks

They both compliment each other. If Voracek didn't have Giroux, his numbers wouldn't be nearly as good.

I mean in couple years in his prime then he could be elite, and this contract would look pretty good; but right now it's a little too much.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Didn't Giroux go 21 games without scoring a goal? Voracek was second in the league in assists last year. I don't think there's much of a gap between them.

Curufinwe

That is a lot of money for Voracek. $8M+ AAV is elite territory. It's more than Tarasenko and identical to Getzlaf's AAV.

He scored quite a bit more than Tarasenko did, and he was a UFA.

Tarasenko got 7.5 as a an RFA after scoring 135 points in 179 games (0.754 P/G). Jake put up 189 points in 212 games (0.892 P/G).

Curufinwe

His even strenght p/60 is 2.13, Giroux's is 1.43.

As per 67sound:
2011-2015, Vorachek w/ Giroux: 55.1%CF, 57.1%GF; Vorachek w/o Giroux: 51.7%, 57.1%; Giroux w/o Vorachek 49.2%, 49%.

Voracek was easily the better ES player of the two last season, but those numbers are a bit misleading. Giroux gets thrown out for DZ draws a lot because he's by far our best faceoff guy, so his ES OZ start % was a lot lower than Voracek's.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

60.7 for Voracek, 53.6% for Giroux.

iLLmAtlc

Is 2.13/60 really considered elite? Seems to suggest he's more of a power play guy.

Installed windows 10 and wow it's definitely a lot faster.

Tabris

What are the chances Stamkos walks away from TBL?

Do you think TBL trades Stamkos at trade deadline if things aren't going right?

There hasn't been a UFA of that caliber in at least 5-7+ years.

EDIT - Actually I'm trying to think of a similar UFA/free agency signing since league started in 04. Where the player was still so young.

EDIT 2 - Zdeno Chara

Top Bottom