• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Foggy

His WOWYs suggest he makes Giroux better, not the other way around.
His even strenght p/60 is 2.13, Giroux's is 1.43.

As per 67sound:
2011-2015, Vorachek w/ Giroux: 55.1%CF, 57.1%GF; Vorachek w/o Giroux: 51.7%, 57.1%; Giroux w/o Vorachek 49.2%, 49%.

Voracek's P/60 over the last 3 seasons combined ranks 30th in the league among forwards with 800 minutes played

that's pretty good, puts him in the upper third of 1st liners

edit: for comparison sake, Giroux ranks 109th

Voracek was easily the better ES player of the two last season, but those numbers are a bit misleading. Giroux gets thrown out for DZ draws a lot because he's by far our best faceoff guy, so his ES OZ start % was a lot lower than Voracek's.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

60.7 for Voracek, 53.6% for Giroux.

gm5IkRV.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
What are the chances Stamkos walks away from TBL?

Do you think TBL trades Stamkos at trade deadline if things aren't going right?

There hasn't been a UFA of that caliber in at least 5-7+ years.

EDIT - Actually I'm trying to think of a similar UFA/free agency signing since league started in 04. Where the player was still so young.

EDIT 2 - Zdeno Chara

Suter

Parise

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin strikes again!

bergygmfmc.gif

Fantastic deal for AGally, now just fucking put him at center.

Socreges

Banned
They both compliment each other. If Voracek didn't have Giroux, his numbers wouldn't be nearly as good.

I mean in couple years in his prime then he could be elite, and this contract would look pretty good; but right now it's a little too much.
As a Leafs fan you may not be aware of this, but that's normally the case with 1st lines. Great players complement other great players. And normally you have two of them on your top line.

Normally.

Jblanks

As a Leafs fan you may not be aware of this, but that's normally the case with 1st lines. Great players complement other great players. And normally you have two of them on your top line.

Normally.

Yea no shit. Giroux was putting up good numbers before Voracek even got to Philly and on the first line.

Alright our Habs wish list is done. We can get the other stuff sorted out at the next trade deadline or earlier

I guess the only thing to do now is relax and watch The Jays.

Socreges

Banned
A fantastic deal would have been a Couturier deal.

Not a fan of bridge deals. That includes the one for Kadri. Just means the player makes bank in 1-2 years instead of locking them up in their prime for below market value.
I actually thought Red was just joking there by making this about Bergevin. Satirizing his own penchant for unwarranted, masturbatory praise.

Yea no shit. Giroux was putting up good numbers before Voracek even got to Philly and on the first line.
Why did his linemates get far fewer points? While Voracek has actually surpassed him?

Red_Man

Not a fan of bridge deals. That includes the one for Kadri. Just means the player makes bank in 1-2 years instead of locking them up in their prime for below market value.
I agree when it comes to players who are more or less proven, but AGally is a bit behind where a lot of people expected him to be now. I don't mind the bridge and than paying the player the cash they're owed once they've proven they have it.

I actually thought Red was just joking there by making this about Bergevin. Satirizing his own penchant for unwarranted, masturbatory praise.

Why did his linemates get far fewer points? While Voracek has actually surpassed him?
If only we had a GM who would trade Bonino for Sutter and then sign him for 5 years.

Socreges

Banned
If only we had a GM who would trade Bonino for Sutter and then sign him for 5 years.
Buddy. That's not a comeback. Our GM is shit - we all agree. Bervegin is a good GM, Benning is not. Just funny that you take an average signing, every time, and act like Bergevin had just parted the Red Sea.

Buddy. That's not a comeback. Our GM is shit - we all agree. Bervegin is a good GM, Benning is not. Just funny that you take an average signing, every time, and act like Bergevin had just parted the Red Sea.
I've noticed this too. You're a good poster Red, but the Bergevin fellating is out of control.

Red_Man

His greatest skill is cap management which he has done a fantastic job of since he became GM. He's still had his blunders which I openly criticize, most recently his treatment of Subban in his last contract, the Sekac for DSP trade, tailoring the team to Therrien's preference, etc. I don't believe he's without imperfection, but he's done a lot to set this team up for success in the present and in the future. After having Gainey & Gauthier ruin this teams future for years, it's refreshing having a GM who works in the opposite way.

Socreges

Banned
His greatest skill is cap management which he has done a fantastic job of since he became GM. He's still had his blunders which I openly criticize, most recently his treatment of Subban in his last contract, the Sekac for DSP trade, tailoring the team to Therrien's preference, etc. I don't believe he's without imperfection, but he's done a lot to set this team up for success in the present and in the future. After having Gainey & Gauthier ruin this teams future for years, it's refreshing having a GM who works in the opposite way.
Relief of a lack of utter incompetence. Manifest as idol worship. I get it. Honestly. GMs can be extremely frustrating - refreshing when they, more often than not, do what makes sense.

So Habs and Bruins fans. Who do you think will play in the Alumni game before the winter classic? It's been announced that Ray Bourque will play. Maybe we can see Saku Koivu play again

imBask

Banned
So Habs and Bruins fans. Who do you think will play in the Alumni game before the winter classic? It's been announced that Ray Bourque will play. Maybe we can see Saku Koivu play again

Kovalev, Koivu, Jan Bulis, Pierre Dagenais, Kostotsotopoulos, Jim Dowd, Samsonov, Perezhogin

Sanjuro

Bobby Orr might. I mean, it's going to be elderly just cruising around, and of at least a few years ago he could hit the ice fine.

Hope Moog shows up!

zroid

Banned
goalie arbitration hearings must be hilarious

I would pay good money to hear some of the gems used against Bernier

Curufinwe

Couturier got a bridge deal two years ago.

My guess they would mention his performances this past season, his durability, and his 'lack' of experience in the NHL.

I think he'll get 4.75m.

Pakkidis

I remember hearing on TV they offered Bernier the lowest amount they could offer and Bernier wanted double....

I thought to myself how does Bernier make a case that he wants 5 mil a year......

Top Bottom