• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

a more likely scenario is he'd be paid the amount of a full buyout

I could actually see The Kings getting Voynov back before Richards

My point still stands, it would be hilarious if they had to take him back a la A-Rod

America has a pretty good track record against your kind. We'll just roll in and plant our flag at the Bell Centre, rename it the Bell Center, and take back our sport.

The war of 1812 begs to differ.

fallout

The CAD being at 0.75 USD really fucking sucks when you wanna visit anyone in the US for an extended weekend. Which is both of my parents, family, a bunch of old friends...

I didn't miss this shit at all.
I'm getting married on the Labour Day long weekend in the States. We've been planning for awhile and prepaid a bunch while the dollar was at par, but for the most part, it's just costing us (and our guests) 30% more than we anticipated.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think you guys have been taking too much Acid

On that note, where the fuck IS acid?

Pikma

Banned
Mike Richards wanted to be fully accepted by his fellow Kings so he thought trafficking painkillers would get him closer to them but nope, that's very mild by their standards. Voynov on the other hand, that guy gets what they're looking for, beating your wife is probably as good as it gets and I'm pretty sure they're very proud of him.

Wonder what Lucic will have to do for his initiation ritual.

Quick

Banned
dictatorship, communism, facism, democracy, it's all the same thing wake up sheeple

Don-Cherry-On-Being-Canadian-The-Importance-Of-Honesty-NHLs-Most-Passionate-Player1.jpg

dem

Not a chance the Kings are able to terminate Richards contract..

He will have to go into the drug program though.

The fact that I sincerely support you and I'm here for whatever you may need doesn't mean I cancelled my plan to shit by your front door if the Avs ever sweep us again, so yeah I guess I consider you my friend. <3
Hey just know that front door belongs to a grandma most likely. Also there are bears around here.
Apologies for prying, but were you in a relationship where you and her just existed within your own bubble? Did she also disconnect from her own friends from before you guys started dating?

Regardless of anything, you're doing the right thing in trying to reconnect with people. I took some of my friends for granted and put whoever I would be dating ahead of them, but I'm fortunate enough to learn my lesson before we hit the breaking point.

That being said, I did lose a good friend of mine recently over a girl that I had a hard time letting go of. She thought I was an idiot for still clinging on, and she just reached her breaking point and decided to stop all contact with me. In a way, it's a bit of a relief since she has her own issues, but I don't ever like losing friends.

I'll echo Dastardly and say that you're definitely welcome to PM me anytime if you need to talk.
Her and I are both pretty introverted but I think I am to a larger degree. She went through multiple months of treatment for her eating disorder this year. At one point she was living out of state for about a month and a half and we had very little contact. That place didn't lead anywhere good though and she ended up somewhere else but very close by home. The second place she made some friends at, and has also found success with keeping her bulimia at bay. However just like most people who get control of one addiction she has switched to a new way of coping.

I don't want to get too much into that but the new way of coping directly threatens us (or any relationship she'll be in) and because she's been relying on it so heavily it's raised doubts in her mind about us. The thing is I know it's all a fog, when she's engaging in the new way she copes it's just like watching her in the grocery store pre-binge. All of her focus is on it and reality around her fades into the background. I still want to try to make it work with her because I know that right now she's not being herself. But I can't force her to fix anything she doesn't want to. I just never thought this would happen and that's what fucks with me the most. Things between us have been great for most of these last 5 years.

I think that's an incredibly big part that most people seem to miss or purposely avoid. The only way to fix any issue you may encounter in life is by acknowledging that you have it in the first place, and start working from there, and when I say work I mean to actually do something and not just the typical "try to forget/ignore/run away from it" people tend to try. Adversity cannot be avoided, it's impossible, the only way to get rid of it is to fight it.

And all of that may sound pretty duh! theorically but I think we all know how putting it to practice is the actual difficult part.
She has such a strong pull towards avoidance. If something destructive feels good it takes a long, long time for her to come to terms with the damage it's doing to her life. She just has no healthy coping skills whatsoever. She knows that things between us can only continue if she's willing to commit to getting help. But like I said above, this will affect any relationship she's in. And there aren't many people out there who would put up with the things that I've been through while trying to support her through all of her problems. She tells me that often, she's definitely not oblivious to it.
Wishing you all the best 19&21
Thx bro
Wherever you go, there you are. Hang in there 19&21, I'm wishing you the best brother.
Thx bro
What do you mean if, Pikma?
Lets just wait and see what Berra's role will be this year.

Stasis

I'm getting married on the Labour Day long weekend in the States. We've been planning for awhile and prepaid a bunch while the dollar was at par, but for the most part, it's just costing us (and our guests) 30% more than we anticipated.

Have a nice wedding! Hope the weather is great. Where, if you don't mind me asking? Good job on the prepay! Maybe you'll simply receive a few smaller cash gifts. Or a lesser food processor, lol.

Also your name is awesome right now. It makes me excited.

fallout

Have a nice wedding! Hope the weather is great. Where, if you don't mind me asking? Good job on the prepay! Maybe you'll simply receive a few smaller cash gifts. Or a lesser food processor, lol.
We're doing it at a Ren Faire just outside Minneapolis.

Also your name is awesome right now. It makes me excited.
While I love the games, I've had this handle from before I knew the games existed.

Stasis

We're doing it at a Ren Faire just outside Minneapolis.

While I love the games, I've had this handle from before I knew the games existed.

I haven't been to one of those in ages, but I absolutely loved it as a kid. I remember that much. A friend of mine is big time into re-enactment and medieval combat and actually heads up the a Portuguese academy called the Lisbon Steel Warriors. It's pretty cool stuff.

Are you going to be a knight? Please be a knight =P

Also, to everyone, I'm changing to a catvatar. Not to imitate, but because all this time I've been living a lie. I'm a cat fanatic. I have 3. One lives almost permanently on the top of my chair and serves as a furry headrest.

Pls welcome me into your cat family. I am one of you.

Also let me know if anyone has seen this av used on Gaf, lol.

fallout

I haven't been to one of those in ages, but I absolutely loved it as a kid. I remember that much. A friend of mine is big time into re-enactment and medieval combat and actually heads up the a Portuguese academy called the Lisbon Steel Warriors. It's pretty cool stuff.

Are you going to be a knight? Please be a knight =P
Haha, no. I'm not going to be a knight.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Also, to everyone, I'm changing to a catvatar. Not to imitate, but because all this time I've been living a lie. I'm a cat fanatic. I have 3. One lives almost permanently on the top of my chair and serves as a furry headrest.

Pls welcome me into your cat family. I am one of you.

Also let me know if anyone has seen this av used on Gaf, lol.

Welcome to the cat mafia.

Come at me, you fucking furballs.

WGusfUc.gif

Top Bottom