• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Merguson

Banned
if this goes well, other teams might start trying to poach Dubas. hopefully he gets a promotion first.

Poach the next (allegedly) Leafs GM from the richest team. Good luck with that. If anyone is being poached, it'll be Sheldon Keefe, or one of Babcock's assistants.

calder

SportsCentre @SportsCentre
UPDATE: Prospect @KyleConnor18 announces he's signed his entry-level contract with the @NHLJets

Good, good. Not 100% sure what that means for the potential expansion draft in 2017 or 2018, I assume waiting until the season is over means this kicks in starting next year so the Jet won't have to protect him as he'll still be a 2-year pro even in 2018.

CfxdGQaUsAAco6z.jpg:orig

Beauty!

Cake Boss

Banned
Broons could have had all Barzal, Kyle Connor and Colin White in last years draft.

Hopefully they are just as interesting in this years draft.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For my Habs GAF bros: my sister's boyfriend's mother is good friends with the Habs' sports psychologist and as such as privy to get him to get stuff signed. For Christmas 2014 they gave me a red Habs hat signed by everyone and last year at Christmas they gave me a white Habs hat signed just by Carey Price. Well, I just met my sister's boyfriend's mom for the first time at Easter and she was so nice and said the psychologist was making one last trip to Montreal for the season last week and that if I wanted I could send something and halve it signed and maybe personalized if I was lucky. I figured why not and sent my AGally jersey and asked if he could sign it to me and my girlfriend. This just arrived:
That' sick man

Translate this for me Imbask

Montréal, le spectre de Guy Boucher dans l'organisation semble ce pointer à l'horizon #asuivre

Something about Boucher coming on possibly?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
For my Habs GAF bros: my sister's boyfriend's mother is good friends with the Habs' sports psychologist and as such as privy to get him to get stuff signed. For Christmas 2014 they gave me a red Habs hat signed by everyone and last year at Christmas they gave me a white Habs hat signed just by Carey Price. Well, I just met my sister's boyfriend's mom for the first time at Easter and she was so nice and said the psychologist was making one last trip to Montreal for the season last week and that if I wanted I could send something and halve it signed and maybe personalized if I was lucky. I figured why not and sent my AGally jersey and asked if he could sign it to me and my girlfriend. This just arrived:

Pretty awesome.

Hhnnnngghhhh, that's awesome. Don't make a mess on it.

Solo

There's been suggestions in the media that if we don't fire Therrien, at least we should bring Boucher in as an assistant coach to a) keep MT honest (no more fuckery of minutes), and b) have a successor on board for when they fire MT.

Too late for that, Schuey. What I blacked out wasn't our names, it was my semen.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There's been suggestions in the media that if we don't fire Therrien, at least we should bring Boucher in as an assistant coach to a) keep MT honest (no more fuckery of minutes), and b) have a successor on board for when they fire MT.

Too late for that, Schuey. What I blacked out wasn't our names, it was my semen.

Lol

Next season will be interesting. Looking forward to see what happens in the draft.

if this goes well, other teams might start trying to poach Dubas. hopefully he gets a promotion first.

Speaking of statsbros, whatever happened to Dellow/Mc79hockey in Edmonton?

I think he's been there for a couple of (comically disastrous) years now.

imBask

Banned
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=878047&navid=DL|MTL|home

Dear fans,

It has been a tough year. As a fan, I find that the results of our team were disappointing. There are likely many reasons that explain what happened, but I am not interested in excuses. I am interested in making our team better.

As far as what to expect in the off-season, I will let our hockey operations team, led by Marc Bergevin and Michel Therrien, detail these in due time. When you have a disappointing season like the one we just had, no stone can be left unturned in looking for ways to improve. You have my full commitment that we will do everything possible to improve our team.

This being said, despite subpar results this season, stability in our approach remains the focus. The mark of all good organizations in sports is stability and long-term vision. I remain convinced that we have a strong foundation of core players and veterans, as well as younger players with promising futures.

Like you, I am a fan of this legendary organization. I hear your frustrations and I read your tweets after a loss. I share your elation and feel the same thrills when we succeed. I know how important it is to have a winning team in this city. You demand and deserve better. I guarantee that we will do everything in our power to honour this and continue building the great heritage of the Montreal Canadiens.

This year we hit a bump in the road. I see this as an opportunity to become stronger, better, and more prepared for the future.

On behalf of our entire organization, I wish to thank you for your continued support, your loyalty, your passion and for being the best fans in the world. See you next season!
-Geoff Molson

RIP

a couple of reports also saying Boucher will most likely join the team...

imBask

Banned
But I want my Bond Villain looking coach NOW NOW NOW

i'll take Boucher over Therrien but i'm very cautious. The guy couldn't find a job anywhere else for quite some time now, and there have been report of him being kind of a douche and refusing to admit any mistakes

zroid

Banned
Speaking of statsbros, whatever happened to Dellow/Mc79hockey in Edmonton?

I think he's been there for a couple of (comically disastrous) years now.

Who knows... it seemed like he and Dallas Eakins had a good relationship. It's a mystery what his role is now.

i'll take Boucher over Therrien but i'm very cautious. The guy couldn't find a job anywhere else for quite some time now, and there have been report of him being kind of a douche and refusing to admit any mistakes

He definitely has a temper. That's for sure.

Yawnier

Banned
The laffs spoke to and from what most sources said Guy Boucher was gonna be the head coach of the team, but then Babsocks happened.

I get the impression the only way he will come back to North America hockey will be in a NHL head coaching job, and nothing less. He probably could have had an assistant coach job with the leafs if he wanted it (most likely in DJ Smith's role).

Perhaps he will take a hometown discount to be an assistant coach with the habs though.

Good lord... There is a girl in my class that is wearing a shirt as a dress... Bless her.

She got a booty

image.php

Red_Man

Just reiterating the same shit he always said, not that I expected any different.

Bergevin in French tells news conference he made a few bold trade offers this season that were rejected. Hard to acquire top-6 offense
There were rumours of him moving Beaulieu, wonder if that was part of one of these packages

Red_Man

Tony with the only legit questions that take balls to ask

Therrien just spewing more bullshit

Edit: This is amazing Tony is a legend

calder

Holy fuck Laine.

It may be a mistake but I think I'd take him #1. Sure you'd regret not having a natural center but he is basically Ovechkin out there the last few months as a 17 year old in a pro league.

Red_Man

Bergevin says there are no untouchables. But has no intention of trading core players, including Subban

So no big trades, no coaching staff changes. Everything will be fine.

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck Laine.

It may be a mistake but I think I'd take him #1. Sure you'd regret not having a natural center but he is basically Ovechkin out there the last few months as a 17 year old in a pro league.
What'd he do now

Canucks have somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 1/4 chance of drafting 1st or 2nd. Would be so happy with either Matthews or Laine. But I'm preparing myself for a 4-6 pick. Really good prospects but not necessarily anyone that would have an immediate impact.

BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 5m5 minutes ago
Subban finishes interview. Gets challenged to hug Pacioretty if they get along so well. Subban walks right over and hugs Pacioretty.
Ho-lee Fuck. What a circus

Red_Man

Pretty crazy to see how casual and nonchalant they are about this entire situation. Marc has a lot of work to do this summer, but doesn't seem like he's very interested in it.

Kifimbo

They have no intention/plan to build an elite team. They want to make the playoffs, because apparently anything can happen in the playoffs. In other words, to win a cup, they are hoping to get lucky.

Top Bottom