• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My biggest issue with all of this is Molson said today "No stone will be left unturned" as they evaluate this season, yet they come out and guarantee Therrien's job today, when Julien might be fired this week. They didn't have to come out and give him the thumbs up, why not take your time and evaluate all your coaching options like you're supposedly doing with the roster?

Dunno if the rest of Sens-Gaf read Ian Mendes article about the Dorion hire, but this was an interesting revelation:

My give a shit factor went up reading that little tidbit. Not because analytics is the holy grail but at least it's a sign Dorion is more progressive and open minded than All-Bran.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yes and he also needs to get rid of Mark Boroshit in the summer. Especially with the talk the team needs a new defensive 5th dman to play with Wideman.

Mark Borowiecki on the exit meetings: Pierre made it clear to us with the way the season was don’t be surprised if things change #Sens

giphy.gif

Silexx

My give a shit factor went up reading that little tidbit. Not because analytics is the holy grail but at least it's a sign Dorion is more progressive and open minded than All-Bran.

Indeed. I don't think Dorion is going to be the Billy Beane of hockey, but I think he's got his own way of evaluating players and may bring a much needed new perspective (even though he's already been part of management of years now).

He's certainly going to have his favorites *cough*Pageau*cough*, but every GM does.

Yawnier

Banned
Dave Tippett and Don Maloney should start making anime with all the free time they'll soon have.

Dave Tippett?

The Dave Tippett ERA of the Arizona Coyotes has just begun. The Don Baloney era is over.

The anime title: I can't believe my little head coach is this cute

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND

Fuck this

Did Bergevin guarantee the entire coaching staff is coming back? I can't help but think of the Leafs a couple years ago when they fired the assistants but kept Carlyle.

Red_Man

Did Bergevin guarantee the entire coaching staff is coming back? I can't help but think of the Leafs a couple years ago when they fired the assistants but kept Carlyle.
Everyone is coming back except for Ramsay who was a consultant on the team that worked part time.

Pretty bleak, the only positive I can come up with is the team was legitimately playing very well to start the season under Therrien. Top in the NHL in goals for, goals against, shot's against, corsi, all that stuff. Hopefully he can retain that, but I doubt it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how they can say they're going to analyse the team top-to-bottom and do everything in their power to build a great team, then give the entire coaching staff a pass.

Even in the AHL where the team fucking sucks, they're keeping the dumbass head coach.

Quick

Banned
I don't know how they can say they're going to analyse the team top-to-bottom and do everything in their power to build a great team, then give the entire coaching staff a pass.

Even in the AHL where the team fucking sucks, they're keeping the dumbass head coach.

Make Montreal Great Again

Yawnier

Banned
@OverDrive1050 1h1 hour ago

Shanahan on what things were like before Babcock and Lou: "Some players were hung out to dry ... the inmates were running the asylum."

Lmao

Clarkson, Kessel, Lupul, Phagoof were running the asylum

Red_Man

I wouldn't even be salty if the Oilers won again, they already got McDavid, and still look at where they are.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Draft has been taken care of, no need to talk about it.

UV6Uvt1.png
I'd be fine with this. The Avs are a team I got no beef with along with the Flames. Ideally, it'd be Leafs, Flames, Avs though the Flames and Avs could be reversed and I'd be fine.

As for Columbus, I will always be grateful to them for taking Mimico hero Clarkson off our hands.

KingBroly

Banned
First time
3 - Montreal
2 - Toronto
1 - Buffalo

Second time
3 - New Jersey
2 - Vancouver
1 - Ottawa

Third time
3 - New Jersey
2 - Edmonton
1 - Phoenix

I don't understand this shit anymore.

Hearing Shanahan on Overdrive happily discuss the state of the club and the previous season made me wonder: How much of the 'media is awful' excuse you'd hear cited when discussing Toronto's FA-signing issues was a result of the outright antagonistic approach favoured by Burke and Wilson?

Erdrick

Good, good. Not 100% sure what that means for the potential expansion draft in 2017 or 2018, I assume waiting until the season is over means this kicks in starting next year so the Jet won't have to protect him as he'll still be a 2-year pro even in 2018.

CfxdGQaUsAAco6z.jpg:orig

Beauty!

I'm always worried that some day, we'll have an Anaheim or Nashville situation where one of our draft picks screws around with us only to sign elsewhere. Connor looks to be a steal based on what he has done thus far in his career vs. where we got him last year. Glad they got him on board. Great news to see this am.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I accidentally simulated the darkest timeline

ylkY3ty.png

one in which the Oilers win and there is no second pick. And then the Devils pick 3rd.

Top Bottom