• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They have no intention/plan to build an elite team. They want to make the playoffs, because apparently anything can happen in the playoffs. In other words, to win a cup, they are hoping to get lucky.
Yea, and the worst part is Price is so good that they'll probably make it to the second round again next year, and this cycle will never end until Price dips.

Silexx

Then who's this Geoff Molson character?

I had to look it up, but Bell pulled some shenanigans with their MLSE stake.

Essentially, NHL rules state that if you own more than 30 per cent of a team, you can't be involved with another franchise. Bell's stake in the Habs is at 19%. When they bought MLSE with Rogers, the split would have given them 37.5%, but they divided part of their stake and gave to their employee's pension fund leaving Bell with 28%, thus allowing them to keep their stake in the Habs.

Red_Man

#Habs Bergevin: "I believe that with a healthy Carey Price we're not sitting here today having this conversation."

c4jt321.png

imBask

Banned
well now that we know nothings going to change, it's truly over

The Montreal Canucks.

if any of my fellow Habs-gaf wants to come with me to an Impact game just tell me, you'll fall in love with the game and a decent team

imBask

Banned
Wait did Bergiballs just say that Subban isn't untouchable and if an offer is right, he will trade him?

He said he wasn't going to trade him but he's going to listen but not trade him but like maybe listen to offers if they come like maybe trade not him but maybe you know like trade him maybe not

Yawnier

Banned
So what are the habs and Bargain bin Bergevin gonna do this summer?

Sign a bunch of Grabners, and Dave Bollands or what.

Quick

Banned
Stupid work shit:

Someone working with my company wants me to mail a file out to our lawyer ASAP. It's missing some important paperwork that we sent to him to have one of his clients sign. Boss tells me to hold off on doing that until we have all the paperwork in (which I think is fair). That person calls me a couple of times last week asking if the file has been mailed out, and I told him I can't because the file isn't complete and my boss said not to do it.

He called me again asking the same thing, I told him what I said last time. He said he'll call one of my boss' superiors now. Hope I didn't get my boss in trouble.

There's some part of me that hopes I get reassigned somewhere else, just to escape this mess. But then I'll just have more of the same issues come up anyway, maybe even more than now.

I've been looking for a new job to escape completely.

please don't mention this trash, this is a small portion of our fanbase AKA idiots.

The Leafs fanbase definitely has its share of dumbasses, but they're just too lazy to protest anything. :lol

Foggy

Curious if Torts will be around by the time the Jackets are forced to hand over a 2nd round pick to the Nuckies. I think at this point they can choose between the 2017 and 2018 draft.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey guys, how's it go-

ceWIhAk.png

imokaywiththis.jpg

You have run the simulator 30 times.

Team 1st
Vancouver Canucks 7
Toronto Maple Leafs 5
New Jersey Devils 4
Montreal Canadiens 4

Solo

What's hilarious is if the Habs get lucky and get a Top 3 pick and get Matthews or Laine, MT and MB will both be safe for like another 4 years. Hard to know whether to laugh or cry,

Socreges

Banned
Tanev, Markstrom, and Hutton going to the worlds

Also Weber...

Curious if Torts will be around by the time the Jackets are forced to hand over a 2nd round pick to the Nuckies. I think at this point they can choose between the 2017 and 2018 draft.
Shame it wasn't this draft. 34th pick would be nice indeed

Red_Man

I actually don't really have an issue with Bergevin not saying "I will not trade PK Subban", he said he wasn't looking to move him, but if Edmonton comes to you with a McDavid trade obviously you would say yes. It's the GM's job and duty to explore every possible angle, there's a difference between actively shopping a player and listening to offers which all GMs should be doing.

Can someone give me the Coles notes of the Habs conference and what Tony asked?
Tony asked Therrien specifically why DD got more PP time than AGally even though AGally has produced at more than twice the rate of DD on the PP and also asked why AGally finished this season with less ice time than last season, even though the team was riddled with injuries and he was playing as well as he did.

Wilde challenged Bergevin to back Subban like he backs Therrien.

Edit: Forgot Wilde also said something along the lines of "Even if Price comes back and plays at an average level or is injured again, how are you going to address this team that played .300 hockey in his absence?" something like that

Someone else asked how they expect the fans to be happy with a status quo response after statistically being the worst team for the last 3-4 months.

Engels asked why after failing to make the playoffs for the last 4 years, the AHL coaching staff is all remaining in place.

There were a lot of good questions, but the answers were all generic deflections, Bergevin's specialit.

Solo

#Habs Bergevin says he needs to add 3rd and 4th line scoring to compensate for lack of available premium scorers.

Is this real life

SIGN ALL DA GRINDERS

Team isn't going anywhere without a 2nd line. All of it. Like, we need a 2LW, a 2C, and a 2RW. We don't need more of these 4th line plugs MB loves to sign. Fuck character, we need skill. Badly.

yyzjohn

Banned
Is this real life

SIGN ALL DA GRINDERS

Team isn't going anywhere without a 2nd line. All of it. Like, we need a 2LW, a 2C, and a 2RW. We don't need more of these 4th line plugs MB loves to sign. Fuck character, we need skill. Badly.

Lupul is available, you're welcome.

Socreges

Banned
I actually don't really have an issue with Bergevin not saying "I will not trade PK Subban", he said he wasn't looking to move him, but if Edmonton comes to you with a McDavid trade obviously you would say yes. It's the GM's job and duty to explore every possible angle, there's a difference between actively shopping a player and listening to offers which all GMs should be doing.

Tony asked Therrien specifically why DD got more PP time than AGally even though AGally has produced at more than twice the rate of DD on the PP and also asked why AGally finished this season with less ice time than last season, even though the team was riddled with injuries and he was playing as well as he did.

Wilde challenged Bergevin to back Subban like he backs Therrien.

Someone else asked how they expect the fans to be happy with a status quo response after statistically being the worst team for the last 3-4 months.

Engels asked why after failing to make the playoffs for the last 4 years, the AHL coaching staff is all remaining in place.

There were a lot of good questions, but the answers were all generic deflections, Bergevin's specialit.
You're a mad man!

Top Bottom