• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Yawnier

Banned
I still don't get how Bouwmeester made team canada. There are so many other top pairing defencemen to choose from

Edit: Actually Armstrong is the GM so that's probably why

zroid

Banned
The Dwight King era starts now

6d836ef9ac0449fb9be087be6032fd3f.png

Wait wait wait wait wait hold the fu- I SAID HOLD THE FUCK On wait wait hold up for a second stop wait hold up wait

Wait

wait

wait

The Kings had a Captain?!?

you guys playing on PS4? if so, add me: SmileyFM

i'm sick of randoms always fucking ignoring team compositions or objectives

YES LET'S HAVE 3 TORBJORNS IN ONE MATCH

YES LET'S DO TWO MCCREES AND TWO REAPERS THAT'LL BE GOOD

My dude, though it would be stellar to have a game with you, I insist on pulling the PC Master Race card. Rare as it is for me to do such a thing, the aforementioned reason is almost exactly why. I gave the Battleborn beta a shot on both PC and PS4 and the player bases were vastly different. FPS where team composition is important? PC PC PC.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait wait wait wait wait hold the fu- I SAID HOLD THE FUCK On wait wait hold up for a second stop wait hold up wait

Wait

wait

wait

The Kings had a Captain?!?

My dude, though it would be stellar to have a game with you, I insist on pulling the PC Master Race card. Rare as it is for me to do such a thing, the aforementioned reason is almost exactly why. I gave the Battleborn beta a shot on both PC and PS4 and the player bases were vastly different. FPS where team composition is important? PC PC PC.

I agree with you but PC is still meh

calder

Man, Overwatch threads are managing to rack up some solid ban counts for a cross-platform game. Blizzard needs to brag about that in their commercials.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shipachyov update

Earlier this week the deal seemed to hit a snag with Friedman reporting that SKA St. Petersburg believes that Shipachyov still owes the team one-year under his KHL contract. Friedman clarified that short tweet earlier today with an explanation that SKA is looking for $700,000 in order for buy out Shipachyov to be bought out of the final deal of his NHL contract.

Now Friedman went on to say that he wasn’t sure if this was even possible, or if the NHL would allow a team to buy a player out of a deal.

The short answer, Friedman is correct when he states that an NHL club would likely not be able to directly buy out the contract of a KHL player. There are a number of problems here, including benefits given to a player outside of the CBA/Salary Cap, and the issue of tampering with a KHL contract that is frowned upon by the IIHF.

ZeroGravity

I'm really gonna miss Stamkos in Tampa. I just hope he doesn't land in a big market.
Even if he ends up in Toronto I wish him nothing but success. He was pretty much the entire reason I was able to enjoy hockey again after the lockout, and he did everything that was asked of him and more to help this team win. I hope he can someday get back to being that dynamic player he used to be, because he was such a fun player to watch.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty pumped to see both Subban & Galchenyuk left off their World Cup rosters, all due to Hockey Savants ignorance.

Yawnier

Banned
He will be a Leaf. Oh yes, he will be a Leaf.

I'm expecting Detroit, Buffalo, and Vancouver and maybe even a New Jersey all to throw a blank check at him. It's gonna be tough to sign him at a semi-decent cap hit but that's free agency for you I guess.

The last forward of his caliber to become a UFA was Parise maybe? and he got paid.

Smiley90

I'm expecting Detroit, Buffalo, and Vancouver and maybe even a New Jersey all to throw a blank check at him. It's gonna be tough to sign him at a semi-decent cap hit but that's free agency for you I guess.

The last forward of his caliber to become a UFA was Parise maybe? and he got paid.

Vancouver?

:lolno

For that to happen the Sedins would have to retire like... now

ZeroGravity

Also, in Drouin's own words: "I definitely want to be here."

Not much doubt in my mind he's here to stay, and for a long time. You can all put away your terrible trade proposals now. Looking at you Creeper.

Marvie_3

Banned

Does Detroit even have the room for Stamkos considering Datsyuk's cap hit is still going to be there?

Yawnier

Banned
Vancouver?

:lolno

For that to happen the Sedins would have to retire like... now

Jim Benning has a massive hard-on for players that can "rip the puck" so I'm expecting him to go after Stammer hard.

Vrbata and Hamhuis are coming off the books so maybe there could be room? Idk.

imBask

Banned
if we've learned anything it's that anyone can sign stamkos and deal with the cap issue later. The league will even do it for you if you're a garbage southern team

Yawnier

Banned
Does Detroit even have the room for Stamkos considering Datsyuk's cap hit is still going to be there?

A team like the leafs or coyotes could take that on if Kenny Holland would throw in a pick or a prospect, but idk if he would want to do that.

Richards, Helm, and Quincey are all ufas as well so there is like $8.4M in cap space right there.

eyeless

never been interested in stamkos for the leafs, less so now that we're probably getting matthews, a recent quote from babcock about not adding big pieces in the growing phase hopefully means that's not in their plans

if they did sign him tho, i could accept it and talk myself into it, a forward group of jvr-stamkos-nylander/komarov-matthews-marner with kadri and bozak as third and fourth line centers would be very easy to get excited about

i'd prefer they save the big cap hit he'll inevitably get for defense and a goalie tho

If possible, a team will free up cap space for Stamkos.

The Canucks have about $12M in space now. If they buyout Burrows they'll have more space. If they trade Sbisa for a bag of pucks they'll have even more.

Some statistics from Russia about latest World Championships:
About 60 million Russians watched some part of some game during latest World Championships. About 34 million people watched the semifinal Russia-Finland.

So there is your answer if there was still some doubts why this is yearly tournament lol.

Smiley90

the canucks are going to trade for Stamkos at the entry draft for their fifth overall pick only for him not to sign with vancouver

/jimcreeper

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
never been interested in stamkos for the leafs, less so now that we're probably getting matthews, a recent quote from babcock about not adding big pieces in the growing phase hopefully means that's not in their plans

if they did sign him tho, i could accept it and talk myself into it, a forward group of jvr-stamkos-nylander/komarov-matthews-marner with kadri and bozak as third and fourth line centers would be very easy to get excited about

i'd prefer they save the big cap hit he'll inevitably get for defense and a goalie tho

I believe he was referencing trading prospects for a big piece

As shanahan puts it, if a big name becomes available, they will go after them. They won't sacrifice their future to get them, though. They aren't trying to build slow but there's always a chance that they move quicker.

I am starting to think their plan may be let stamkos slide and see if they can nab Tavares later. This way they can get a couple years of decent prospects and build out the defense and goaltending.

But there's still the chance they go for him, but considering his fancy stats they may not... Which is poop.

Top Bottom