• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

zroid

Banned
Yeah they should have learned something when they scuffled through the Sochi games and lost in the QFs
Oh, this Canadian roster is still probably the best in the tournament. But that's not the point, the best players should make the team.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think Ottawa are still pissed about that Hasek injury in the 2006 Olympics.

960655.gif

calder

Oh, this Canadian roster is still probably the best in the tournament. But that's not the point, the best players should make the team.

I personally would have taken Subban over Pietrangelo (who is actually really fucking good) but beyond that I don't see any huge problems. There's some guys I like less than others but Giroux isn't exactly bad at hockey. What "best players" aren't going?

Edit: oh yeah and Weber is grossly overrated but whatever virtually every person in hockey still thinks he's elite and that die was cast months ago

eyeless

Matthews is totally there because the world cup is in toronto lol
ray ferraro said he likes nugent-hopkins but he'd take matthews over him at the wc, which i like 2 hear about a guy who hasn't even been drafted yet :)

if we're picking matthews not sure i love this, him getting injured seems like something that would happen to the leafs, i was holding my breath during the world championship, i thought my worries were over

zroid

Banned
I personally would have taken Subban over Pietrangelo (who is actually really fucking good) but beyond that I don't see any huge problems. There's some guys I like less than others but Giroux isn't exactly bad at hockey. What "best players" aren't going?

Unfortunately some of the biggest errors were made on the preliminary roster, which is even more indicative of their poor decision-making. Taylor Hall is the worst omission among forwards.

Pietrangelo is great, but among righties he's probably the fifth best player available (behind Subban, Burns, Doughty, and Letang), and Weber well below that. It's a shame.

iLLmAtlc

Muzzin might be an underrated add. I remember seeing some data a couple years ago that doughty was worse without him and he didn't miss a beat. I haven't looked any further tho.

Still tho I wouldn't have added him over subban or letang. Hope hockey Canada doesn't ruin them like they did mike green >_>

Curufinwe

CapFriendly is tweeting the rosters with AAVs. Very I trrsting to see.

World Cup of Hockey Roster AAVs:
CAN $148.63M
USA $125.03M
SWE $104.78M
EUR $85.32M
RUS $83.91M
CZE $58.59M
FIN $55.65M
NA $54.88M

No AGally bugs me more than no Subban. I guess team USA doesn't like 30 goal scorers?

Less than they like 28 point scorers.

I'm guessing the Team NA brass just forgot AGally was American

like pretty much everyone else

Yeah I thought he was a Canadian boi

Also super stoked to see Gsus and Ghost Bear makin squids

Philly would be an interesting destination. If not signing there, Hextall could at least set a baseline for how much Stamkos could be offered and force teams to either back out or up their offers.

I'm thinking along the lines from when Philly offer sheeted Shea Weber and forcing Nashville to sign him, but obviously not the same exact situation.

Yeah I would love to have him but we have some holes to fill first. Now Konecny and our blue line yung gods may help big time but I only see Konecny and Provy up to start the season. Maybe one of Morin, Alt or Sanheim comes up later. But I would rather us go for some smaller contract guys. If we get Stamkos I won't complain though. Just hope it would pan out obviously.

Top Bottom