• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That'll be an expensive defense, either way.

What do you expect the three RFA forwards to get?

Honestly the crystal ball is really murky on how this offseason is going to pan out. There seems to be an increasing amount of smoke around a possible Rick Nash trade, and if that happens that's a huge amount of cap space that we get back, even if we retain some salary. There's also the Yandle situation, which I'm going to put at around a 20% chance that we re-sign him now, given that the cap is not increasing. Rick Nash and Keith Yandle, at maybe slightly below market value, represent about $14m worth of salary cap space, so the difference between having them and not with regards to how we approach the rest of the offseason is massive. Depending on what happens with those two guys, our offseason could go in radically different directions. And that's not even factoring in the possibility of trading Stepan, who has garnered interest and is at $6.5m himself, or in trying to excise one of Staal or Girardi's contracts (the only thing we know they won't do is buyout Girardi).

As for the 3 RFA forwards, I see Kreider's expiring contract, $2.475m, as something as a benchmark. JT Miller is probably going to want something in that ballpark and end up right around $2m. Kevin Hayes will probably want around what Kreider's been getting, as well, but he didn't really do the job of earning it in this past season. I'm not really sure where he's going to end up, so I could see him winding up anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5. And then Kreider is probably going to want a significant raise from where he is. He's probably the biggest problem. If you look at the other guys who have been in the top 6 for several years the way he has, they're getting: 7.8, 6.5, 5, and 4.5. It wouldn't shock me to see him ask for that 4.5 that Zuccarello is getting, even though like Hayes he really didn't earn getting paid on the same level as the team's top scorer this season. I'd like to see him get around $3m, but I'm guessing he ends up on the north side of 3.5.

Fifth overall for Barrie

/JimCreeperTrades

Tyson Barrie is Tyson Barrie, but the 5OA could be anything! It could even be a Tyson Barrie, you know how much we've been wanting one of those!

Pretty much the Avs organization, let's not pay 1 of the 2 defencemen who can move the puck out of our zone.

Samyy

I'd give up a lottery protected 1st (in the sense that its not top 3) for next year since next year's drafted is projected to be relatively bad.

The Euros are gonna be great. I hate talking soccer on Gaf though.

Pulling for Iceland to make a deep run and I want to see Germany win again. France winning on home soil would be cool too.

I'd give up a lottery protected 1st (in the sense that its not top 3) for next year since next year's drafted is projected to be relatively bad.

Which is why the Avs would accept it, right?

Nolan Patrick is next year. He's going to be damn good. Kailer Yamamoto is legit. There's another Strome brother. It's likely going to be about even with this draft, aside from there being two players worthy of #1 this year whereas next year will only have one.

And Minnesota is going to probably have at least two players selected in the first round. Probably five total in the first two or three rounds.

Next year's draft is going to be boss bruddah.

Quick

Banned
I just went through a quick phone interviewer my friend's company, and I was pretty nervous and may not have given the best answers. But I seem to have scored an in-person interview next week anyway.

There's an Excel proficiency test that might be involved. A couple of the requirements make me a bit nervous, but I know the rest of the requirements more or less.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just went through a quick phone interviewer my friend's company, and I was pretty nervous and may not have given the best answers. But I seem to have scored an in-person interview next week anyway.

There's an Excel proficiency test that might be involved. A couple of the requirements make me a bit nervous, but I know the rest of the requirements more or less.
You should be fine. Good luck!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Euros are gonna be great. I hate talking soccer on Gaf though.

Pulling for Iceland to make a deep run and I want to see Germany win again. France winning on home soil would be cool too.

No.

As far as I'm concerned, Germany can lose every single game for the next 100 years and I still wouldn't be happy.

Syrinx

If you want a RH dman but miss out on Tyson Barrie, you may want to call Ron Francis and inquire about Ryan Murphy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listened to the Muller conference call this morning, pretty much said everything I wanted to hear. Correctly identified the teams weaknesses and strengths and should be a huge addition to the PP. He said Therrien was the one who called him which I find unbelievable, but at least they got him. Best news we've had in a long time.

Quick

Banned
You should be fine. Good luck!

Thanks

My friend said they're looking to see if I mesh well with their team and this may be more of a deciding factor, but the Excel proficiency test might be what makes or breaks it though.

My company has an Excel proficiency test too, but they basically want to see how resourceful you are with what you have (the Internet), more than just knowing formulas. IE: "here's what we want, here are your resources, put it together."

Smiley90

My friend said they're looking to see if I mesh well with their team and this may be more of a deciding factor, but the Excel proficiency test might be what makes or breaks it though.

Excel proficiency is hilarious - I did a tiny bit of visual basic/macro's and know excel formulas and people keep asking me to do things now. I should've never told anyone.

Quick

Banned
Excel proficiency is hilarious - I did a tiny bit of visual basic/macro's and know excel formulas and people keep asking me to do things now. I should've never told anyone.

The requirements seem basic for the most part (know IF, SUM, and similar formulas), but there seems to be stuff I haven't even done before.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks

My company has an Excel proficiency test too, but they basically want to see how resourceful you are with what you have (the Internet), more than just knowing formulas. IE: "here's what we want, here are your resources, put it together."

Is it a ProoveIt test? I think Kuro mentioned that you can see the test and answers on You Tube. The first time I did one I got a shitty score. Did a refresher and it turned out that they wanted you to do things in a specific way (the way I did it got the same result). Did the test again and got 95%.

No.

As far as I'm concerned, Germany can lose every single game for the next 100 years and I still wouldn't be happy.

:lol

I think Switzerland has a decent enough shot at making a run. Group A isn't too tough but you never know. I would love to see England get knocked out in the group stages though lol

Good luck Quick!

Smiley90

I think Switzerland has a decent enough shot at making a run. Group A isn't too tough but you never know. I would love to see England get knocked out in the group stages though lol

Good luck Quick!

It'll end like fucking 2006 where we got eliminated despite not conceding a single goal in ALL of our 4 matches AND beating spain (who later won)

just watch

Quick

Banned
Is it a ProoveIt test? I think Kuro mentioned that you can see the test and answers on You Tube. The first time I did one I got a shitty score. Did a refresher and it turned out that they wanted you to do things in a specific way (the way I did it got the same result). Did the test again and got 95%.

No idea. They didn't really specify on the posting.

Good luck Quick.

Good luck Quick!

Thanks guys. If I don't end up getting this job, at least I learned something, :lol.

zroid

Banned
CkDSAm2VAAMEGRE.jpg

how did this guy fluke his way to two cups?

I'm looking forward to seeing how England does tbh. I don't have high expectations but with Kane and Vardy they could be a fun team this year.

Smiley90

Good luck Quick!

It'll end like fucking 2006 where we got eliminated despite not conceding a single goal in ALL of our 4 matches AND beating spain (who later won)

just watch

You mean 2010? And the WC lol or 2008?

No the 2006 Euro, bunch of bullshit that was. we didn't concede a single goal all tournament, beat spain (who went on to win the tournament) in the first round and then got eliminated in the first round in a shootout. so we never officially conceded a goal. so dumb.

on the bright side of this, we got some records out of it

Fewest goals conceded
0, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Lowest average of goals conceded per match
0.00, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Most consecutive matches without conceding a goal (clean sheets)
5, Italy (1990), Switzerland (2006–2010).
Most consecutive minutes without conceding a goal
559 minutes, Switzerland (1994–2010).
Fewest goals conceded, one tournament
0, Pascal Zuberbühler ( Switzerland, 2006).[42]

and the saddest of all
Fewest successful kicks, shootout, one team
0, Switzerland, vs Ukraine, 2006.

No the 2006 Euro, bunch of bullshit that was. we didn't concede a single goal all tournament, beat spain (who went on to win the tournament) in the first round and then got eliminated in the first round in a shootout. so we never officially conceded a goal. so dumb.

on the bright side of this, we got some records out of it

Fewest goals conceded
0, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Lowest average of goals conceded per match
0.00, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Most consecutive matches without conceding a goal (clean sheets)
5, Italy (1990), Switzerland (2006–2010).
Most consecutive minutes without conceding a goal
559 minutes, Switzerland (1994–2010).
Fewest goals conceded, one tournament
0, Pascal Zuberbühler ( Switzerland, 2006).[42]

and the saddest of all
Fewest successful kicks, shootout, one team
0, Switzerland, vs Ukraine, 2006.

But in 2006 there was no Euro. It was the World Cup. The Euro and WC switch off every 2 years. The Euro was in 2004 and 2008 and 2012. That's why i am confused lol

Are you talking about qualifying?

Smiley90

But in 2006 there was no Euro. It was the World Cup. The Euro and WC switch off every 2 years. The Euro was in 2004 and 2008 and 2012. That's why i am confused lol

Are you talking about qualifying?

ah shit yeah it was the WC, sorry

in either case it just makes the story worse

i've tried blocking memories of it, that tournament was so much BS

still not as much BS as the 2002 WC with its hilariously bad/biased reffing

Listened to the Muller conference call this morning, pretty much said everything I wanted to hear. Correctly identified the teams weaknesses and strengths and should be a huge addition to the PP. He said Therrien was the one who called him which I find unbelievable, but at least they got him. Best news we've had in a long time.

I'm excited about the offseason

Top Bottom