• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

y6tM7.gif

~giggle~

b5868583703dc0ac7de8ae7b9c887c1191f047156df2b813e7238473977679e3_1.gif

~giggle~

I'm pretty excited for it. My contract will be done so I can stay home and watch the pressers.

That's good timing! With freelancing it is nice to work at my own pace and I can stay home and do stuff. So for those 2 days that's all I will be doing.

Whose coverage do you normally watch? Or just whatever?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That's good timing! With freelancing it is nice to work at my own pace and I can stay home and do stuff. So for those 2 days that's all I will be doing.

Whose coverage do you normally watch? Or just whatever?

Usually just watch the streams and read reaction on Gaf and Twitter.

Lucky! I wish I was going to the Euro to see Italy play. Though given that this is the worst squad Italy has had in a while, I'd say we'll likely crash and burn sooner rather than later.
italy will come together as a group and have a good tournament. Book it!

we can both wallow in how awful our teams are my friend
Atleast this is a sport in which I dont care when people take switzerland for sweden.

Conte is already looking forward to Chelsea with that squad lol

I can't exactly say I'll miss him when he leaves. I just hope he can conjure up something half decent so that Italy doesn't crash in the group stage again. On the other hand, him leaving Pirlo out isn't exactly giving me much hope in that regard.

italy will come together as a group and have a good tournament. Book it!

Atleast this is a sport in which I dont care when people take switzerland for sweden.

I like to think that will be the case. I'll just be happy if we can make the last eight.

I'm also of the belief that Sweden might end up being one of the surprises of the tournament. I have that feeling.

I can't exactly say I'll miss him when he leaves. I just hope he can conjure up something half decent so that Italy doesn't crash in the group stage again. On the other hand, him leaving Pirlo out isn't exactly giving me much hope in that regard.

Italy will have a really interesting squad though in the coming years, with the likes of Berardi, Romagnoli (I think I misspelled it) and Donnarumma, to name a couple, coming up to the senior squad as well as actually including Jorginho who was left off. Also how did De Sciglio make it? He has really never lived up to what he could have been

I am also really glad I have seen no one share this thread lol I have seen some threads have actually been shared... why

Italy will have a really interesting squad though in the coming years, with the likes of Berardi, Romagnoli (I think I misspelled it) and Donnarumma, to name a couple, coming up to the senior squad as well as actually including Jorginho who was left off. Also how did De Sciglio make it? He has really never lived up to what he could have been

Yeah, Italy should return to form eventually as more players like Beradi and Romagnoli formally join the national team under a better coach. Right now though, I can't say I have much hope for this team in the Euro.

And De Sciglio making the squad is Conte showing favoritism more than anything. Same deal with Motta and Sturaro.

Socreges

Banned
No the 2006 Euro, bunch of bullshit that was. we didn't concede a single goal all tournament, beat spain (who went on to win the tournament) in the first round and then got eliminated in the first round in a shootout. so we never officially conceded a goal. so dumb.

on the bright side of this, we got some records out of it

Fewest goals conceded
0, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Lowest average of goals conceded per match
0.00, Switzerland, 2006.[17]
Most consecutive matches without conceding a goal (clean sheets)
5, Italy (1990), Switzerland (2006–2010).
Most consecutive minutes without conceding a goal
559 minutes, Switzerland (1994–2010).
Fewest goals conceded, one tournament
0, Pascal Zuberbühler ( Switzerland, 2006).[42]

and the saddest of all
Fewest successful kicks, shootout, one team
0, Switzerland, vs Ukraine, 2006.
Switzerland also scored only 4 goals in 4 games, half of which were against Togo. You guys had a great tourney but it's not bullshit if you don't score any fucking goals.

Yeah, Italy should return to form eventually as more players like Beradi and Romagnoli formally join the national team under a better coach. Right now though, I can't say I have much hope for this team in the Euro.

And De Sciglio making the squad is Conte showing favoritism more than anything. Same deal with Motta and Sturaro.

Ugh.. I forgot that Motta was selected too. Yeah I don't think Italy will make any noise this tourney sadly. I love watching the Serie A, so I do enjoy Italian football and I hope it makes a comeback as a whole, to what it used to be.

ENOUGH ABOUT SOCCER HERES
SOMETHING STUPID

James Duthie – ‏@tsnjamesduthie

As @Real_ESPNLeBrun just reported on Insider Trading, Lucic very open to signing in EDM if things don't work out in LA, and deal is right.

Stamkos stuff
Chris Nichols – ‏@NicholsOnHockey

McKenzie: "We know the offer to Stamkos, the only offer we're aware of anyways, was $8.5 million for five or six years." #TBLightning

Rangers Stuff:
Chris Nichols – ‏@NicholsOnHockey

McKenzie: Outside of Lundqvist, maybe McDonagh, I've got to believe Gorton 'talking to a lot of teams about a lot of players.' #NYR

Ugh.. I forgot that Motta was selected too. Yeah I don't think Italy will make any noise this tourney sadly. I love watching the Serie A, so I do enjoy Italian football and I hope it makes a comeback as a whole, to what it used to be.

Unfortunately, I think we'll have quite a wait on our hands before Italian Football returns to the force it once was. The talent just isn't there right now.

Foggy

Since they realized they probably don't need Stamkos that badly, they feel even more reassured to lowball straight away. There's no way that's their best offer.

Top Bottom