• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Cake Boss

Banned
The Hockey News is such a garbage publication with garbage people working for it.

Ken Campbell‏ @THNKenCampbell
BREAKING NEWS: Unconfirmed report that Hall of Famer Gordie Howe died at 7:58 this morning in Ohio.

Look at this garbage.

Silexx

I don't know if Hockey Twitter is in too much shock right now, but I've not yet had one notice of his passing. I got the news from a co-worker and then a minute later the Sportsnet app sent a notification.

Erdrick

Ugh... Horrible news. Not unexpected, sadly, considering the state Howe was in as of late, but still sad nonetheless.

Still tho, how the hell do you have 'Breaking News' then say 'Unconfirmed' in the same title, not to mention its someone's life here your talking about. Just scummy ass ambulance chasers trying to be first to report on everything.

Maybe at that time it wasn't confirmed by the Red Wings that he had died.

Vyse24

I don't know if Hockey Twitter is in too much shock right now, but I've not yet had one notice of his passing. I got the news from a co-worker and then a minute later the Sportsnet app sent a notification.
I'm guessing a majority of hockey writers are traveling right now, thus unable to report something at the moment.

Curufinwe

3bqC9Z1.png

Gordie ;_;

Still remember when I was on a team with his grandson and he came to one of our games to watch us play.

He came in the locker room after and I got an autograph and such, just a really cool guy. I still have that stick at my parents house to, Gordie's autograph on one side and Lindsay's on the other.

Rest in Peace Mr. Hockey, you will be missed dearly.

Parch

I'm old enough to have seen Gordie play a fair amount. It's impressive how productive he was in his late 40's and 50's. Unlikely that the WHA stats could have been accomplished in the NHL, but those 100 point seasons well past his prime are still impressive. A real ironman in the game and consistent all-star his entire career.

RIP legend.

calder

Oh my god that's amazing, I love it.

EDIT: looking around at the 22nd pick and I'm half excited/half terrified that DeBrincat will be available then and the Jets will take him. It's easy to say that shrimpy offensive forwards are more and more common now and he's been a 100 point player twice already but damn 5'7 is noticeably smaller than even a guy like Gaudreau. That's pretty high risk for a guy in the (late) first round.

Aaron Portzline
‏@Aportzline
Told #CBJ have received at least 2 offers for No. 3 pick. Both very legit offers worth considering, but not enough to sway Kekalainen & Co.

Hmmmmmm Wonder what they could be. Would Winnipeg be after Jesse Puljujärvi and try to get both Laine and Puljujärvi?

Top Bottom