• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

calder

Just trade Myers instead.

Myers was actually, shockingly pretty good last year. And with Trouba's contract negotiations potentially going slowly maybe just kill two birds with one stone.

Trouba to Edm for 4th then, like in that crazy fan theory, flip it to Columbus with Raslovic for the 3rd and take Laine AND Puljarjvi omg do it Chevy

iLLmAtlc

Let's not forget that the Canes were one of the best nerd stats teams last year and in the thick of the playoff hunt. Losing E. Staal might affect that but they could contend as early as this year with a couple of UFA additions.

Holiday

Banned
The Blues will be fine at forward I think, but that depends some on if they pay Backes.

Defense will be tougher, but thankfully Parayko is exempt.

Goaltender will be a source of controversy I'm sure, lol. I don't know who I'd keep, probably Elliott.

zroid

Banned
Not that I had any doubts, but it's actually nice to see the Leafs' exempt list lol.

they might have to expose a B-level defensive prospect but that's about it really... Zaitsev being exempt is a nice bonus

unless they sign Demers like Dopey wants, then Connor Carrick will have to be exposed probably

Yawnier

Banned
Was just messing with the expansion tool.

Tampa is gonna end up leaving a really good forward exposed. Like a Killorn or a Namestnikov.

Depends a bit on Stamkos.

The Blues will be fine at forward I think, but that depends some on if they pay Backes.

Defense will be tougher, but thankfully Parayko is exempt.

Goaltender will be a source of controversy I'm sure, lol. I don't know who I'd keep, probably Elliott.

Elliott is 31
Allen is 25

Keep the younger one.

Curufinwe

Myers was actually, shockingly pretty good last year. And with Trouba's contract negotiations potentially going slowly maybe just kill two birds with one stone.

Trouba to Edm for 4th then, like in that crazy fan theory, flip it to Columbus with Raslovic for the 3rd and take Laine AND Puljarjvi omg do it Chevy

I've always liked Myers, and would like him even more in Philly.

But Trouba's the guy you should hang on to.

Also, if we re-sign Shaw to some stupid ass deal now that Bickell's cap hit is gone I'm going to be fucking irate.

The worst part if you know its coming, if they had shaw traded/walk Q would have pouted by punishing whoever his replacement was.

I still think Teuvo needed to be on the top 6 and I hope he kicks ass in Carolina, personally I'd rather be rid of shaw than Teuvo but the cap is what it is and its partially their own doing with some stupid contracts. But I can't complain on the cups they've won so I'll take the bad with the good for now.
until everyone hits 40, is still under contract, and we're at the bottom of the division

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs should go hard for Barrie.

I've thought about it and I honestly don't think Toronto has anything that Colorado would be interested in.

I don't think the avs care much for draft picks or forward prospects right now, which are really the only assets that the leafs have that are expendable.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I've thought about it and I honestly don't think Toronto has anything that Colorado would be interested in.

I don't think the avs care much for draft picks or forward prospects right now, which are really the only assets that the leafs have that are expendable.

Gardiner may be an option

Quick

Banned
Are there any rules protecting FA signings this year from the expansion draft next year? I don't think or expect there to be rules in place for this.

I'm assuming the expansion draft next year will play some role in how a GM approaches free agency this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This expansion draft simulator makes it look like Vegas will actually have a somewhat decent team right out of the gate. The amount of trades that will happen because of this is going to be amazing.

Red_Man

Another good deal with the McCann trade is he is exempt from the draft where would've had to protect Gudbranson
jimbo1.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
Let's not forget that the Canes were one of the best nerd stats teams last year and in the thick of the playoff hunt. Losing E. Staal might affect that but they could contend as early as this year with a couple of UFA additions.

If we can get a good handle on our goaltending situation, I think we'll be beastly this coming season.

My understanding of this trade: Bickell has a shitty contract, so we were basically just a cap dump for the Blackhawks, and we also got a young Finnish player of rit.

Carolina just stacking up them Finns!

Apparently the 3rd rounder that Chicago received in this trade was Chicago's originally that came with Kris Versteeg.

zroid

Banned
Oh shit so its confirmed the Wild has to choose between Brodin or Dumba.
Maybe... depends how many of their forwards they are married to.

They could theoretically protect all of Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Scandella, and Dumba

then protect Coyle and Granlund, and ask two of Pominville, Parise, and Koivu to waive their NMC. Pominville probably will agree because Vegas isn't going to take that contract (especially if Niederreiter is exposed). Koivu might because he'll only have one year left on his contract. Vegas probably won't want to take on Parise's contract either.

Red_Man

Habs situation is pretty straight forward, the only curious decision will be Plekanec, and if Bergevin tries to move him now, or if he plans on protecting him.

Plekanec in Vegas would be pretty amusing considering how much of a shut in he is.

Quick

Banned
This expansion draft simulator makes it look like Vegas will actually have a somewhat decent team right out of the gate. The amount of trades that will happen because of this is going to be amazing.

The NHL is setting Vegas up to be in the best possible position to start. But it's also probably a lot easier when they're the sole expansion franchise vs. having two or four teams or something.

zroid

Banned
I assume Nathan Horton didn't count because the NHL came out with a rule that players with a NMC that after July 1st, 2017 wouldn't have to be protected?

I swore I read that somewhere.
Is that true of Horton's NMC? It was also reported that players who are essentially retired due to injury won't be eligible for the draft, so it might be that.

Top Bottom