• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

First Dano, and now Teravainen. Blackhawks keep trading away their young talent. Hope their prospects are ready.

EDIT: JVR for a 1st and a former #5 overall pick (MDC)? Seems like a bad trade for the Islanders.

calder

Tuevo's development stalled a bit... I kind of see this as a risky trade for both teams

If he takes the next step carolina will be a big winner

There is little to no risk on the Carolina side that I see. Anyone would give up a second and third for a 21 year old NHL middle-six caliber forward with top-six upside who's still a few years away from being a RFA.

If you have ample cap space you aren't using paying Bickell 4mill actual cash for one season is nothing to worry about, most teams have one or two overpaid forwards making 4-5mill per already. The Bickell contract is only a problem if you have serious cap issues right now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Leafs could probably do a little better than the Isles' 1st rounder and Dal Colle for JVR.

I don't know.

Well, I'd say his value is probably in the 1st 5-10 range straight

I'd be happy with MDC then flipping the 19th to move into the 10-16 range to nab a defenseman

Sets us back competitively next year but should help us be set up moving forward

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, I'd say his value is probably in the 1st 5-10 range straight

I'd be happy with MDC then flipping the 19th to move into the 10-16 range to nab a defenseman

Sets us back competitively next year but should help us be set up moving forward

Creeper, is that you?

DopeyFish

Creeper, is that you?

He's a 30/30 LW, a difficult position to find players for on a ridiculous contract.

It's the combination of things that make him valued at that.

If he had an appropriate contract in 6+ range then he wouldn't be as valuable.

Not saying any team at 5-10 would pay that price, saying the cumulative value is that price.

Smiley90

He's a 30/30 LW, a difficult position to find players for on a ridiculous contract.

It's the combination of things that make him valued at that.

If he had an appropriate contract in 6+ range then he wouldn't be as valuable.

Not saying any team at 5-10 would pay that price, saying the cumulative value is that price.

Creeper, is that you? If nobody would pay that price for him then that's not his value. His value is what people would pay for him. That's how economics works.

Revenant

Not all that shocked that Teuvo is gone based on his usage the last season and how he sort of fit with the team on the ice, no doubt a talented young player, though still raw. but if you have to choose between Panarin and Teuvo......

The trade itself though....

disappointed-gif_1.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Called the Bickell deal being bad the second I heard about it.

Bickell is gone which is great but losing Teuvo kinda sucks. Wasn't happy with him for a lot of this season but the potential is still there. He's still way too weak and timid to really
reach his full potential but he's only 21 so there's plenty of time. If he can put on enough muscle to keep from getting knocked off the puck all the time and play with a tiny bit more grit, he's going to take off. He's smart as fuck though and once his body catches up, look out.

I wanted Teuvo for Eller :(
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Ummmmmmmm

What the fuck?

They give up Teuvo just like that?
Chicago was probably going to lose him in the next year or two anyway. May as well get completely rid of Bickell's cap hit and getting some flexibility now instead of buying Bickell out and losing Teuvo because we can't afford to sign him or anyone else.

Lmao are you fucking serious?
He's not wrong. Teuvo didn't have that great of a season. He was thrown around the lineup all year which is part of it but he played more and more timid as the year went on.

DopeyFish

Smiley90

so you're saying MDC + 19th isn't worth a pick in the 10 range?

cool.

thanks for playing smelly

this is useless because it's if the expansion draft happened today... not next year

correct (and you said 5-10)

and even if it was, that still has no relevance to JVR because JVR isn't a top10 pick, last time I checked he's a roster player.

DopeyFish

correct

and even if it was, that still has no relevance to JVR because JVR isn't a top10 pick, last time I checked he's a roster player.

now you're just chasing your tail

you make about as much sense as cake boss would after downing a 24 of beer and a handful of viconan

calder

Defense (3/3)

* Dustin Byfuglien D $7,600,000 NMC

* Toby Enstrom D $5,750,000 NMC

* Tyler Myers D $5,500,000 NMC

Mark Stuart D $2,625,000

Jacob Trouba D $894,166

Oh shit, can only protect 3 D and Buff, Toby and Myers have NMCs.... we really are going to have to trade Trouba this year or next. :-0

Foggy

Whoa that Teuvo trade...

Canes really are on the up and up. Hopefully they stay put or QC is going to get gifted a helluva team(which I suppose is some form of poetic justice).

Things are finally moving again throughout the league. Take a chill pill and relax, Jarmo!

this is fantastic

shit, only 3 D-men

uuh

Henrik
Daniel
Hansen
Baertschi
Horvat
Etem/Gaunce/Sutter?

Edler
(Hamhuis if he doesnt get traded)
Tanev
Gudbranson(?)

Markstrom

Goodbye Burrows, Miller, Sbisa

Forwards:
Sedin
Sedin
Baertschi
Horvat
Sutter

Two more: leave one spot for the UFA winger we might sign, and one for our most impressive young forward. There's also a chance Baertschi takes a step back in which case he could be exposed. I omitted Hansen since he might be traded.

Defence:
Edler
Tanev
Gudbranson

Pretty much a no-brainer here. I notice Tryamkin isn't on their list.

Goalie:
Markstrom

Curufinwe

Defense (3/3)

* Dustin Byfuglien D $7,600,000 NMC

* Toby Enstrom D $5,750,000 NMC

* Tyler Myers D $5,500,000 NMC

Mark Stuart D $2,625,000

Jacob Trouba D $894,166

Oh shit, can only protect 3 D and Buff, Toby and Myers have NMCs.... we really are going to have to trade Trouba this year or next. :-0

Just trade Myers instead.

Top Bottom